4 Star QB picks Princeton over SEC and Pac 12 offers

legendsofthefall

16 minutes ago, chalmetteowl said:

Ill be honest, with their new financial aid rules, the Ivy League needs to consider making the jump back to FBS.

No they don't have to play in bowls, but it will help them get on tv more, schedule different teams, and expose them more

how would it benefit the FBS for them to move up? 

9 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

If Ryan Fitzpatrick can have a decade plus long career in the NFL out of Harvard and if this kid is legit why cant he

Fitzpatrick wasn't heavily recruited by big 1A schools in HS in Arizona.

this kid in the article obviously is .... 

7 hours ago, chalmetteowl said:

Ill be honest, with their new financial aid rules, the Ivy League needs to consider making the jump back to FBS.

No they don't have to play in bowls, but it will help them get on tv more, schedule different teams, and expose them more

Not going to happen ... the Ivy League champion isn't even eligible for the FCS playoffs ..... yet. Shame because Harvard had a few teams than could of made deep runs recently .... penn as well in early 2000s. 

7 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Fitzpatrick wasn't heavily recruited by big 1A schools in HS in Arizona.

this kid in the article obviously is .... 

That was my point. If Ryan Fitzpatrick who wasn't that recruited or nearly as good as this kid I guess is then he should find his path to the NFL as well

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

That was my point. If Ryan Fitzpatrick who wasn't that recruited or nearly as good as this kid I guess is then he should find his path to the NFL as well

If you're good enough they will find you. 

Carson wentz 

doug Williams 

phil Simms 

steve McNair 

joe flacco 

all 1AA guys. 

Hell the jets passed on Dan Marino to take a division 2 guy in Ken obrien. 

13 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

If you're good enough they will find you. 

Carson wentz 

doug Williams 

phil Simms 

steve McNair 

joe flacco 

all 1AA guys. 

Hell the jets passed on Dan Marino to take a division 2 guy in Ken obrien. 

Yea but Joe Flacco started his career at Pitt i believe. All the rest yes. Phil Sims Morehead St. Ben Roethlisberger Miami OH Tony Romo Eastern Illinois

Just now, chalmetteowl said:

Guess they're due again. Watch out Auburn or Florida State...

itll be interesting because FSU plays ULM the week after they play Alabama. Trap game? If alabama beats FSU up is ULM the sacrificial lamb. Or if FSU beats alabama do they let their guard down and ULM beats them

3 minutes ago, chalmetteowl said:

I know TV needs games, but in college with no preseason, its dumb as hell to schedule someone legit in week 1. I'd actually like to see my team in action and fix mistakes before testing myself

I disagree completely. Like nick saban said it helps with the summer workouts. kids get more motivated and more intense during the summer knowing they are playing someone important in week 1