New Jersey Group 4 NP Seeding Prediction

SJR 04

Just now, Mickeybern said:

I don't know..BC is a 60% favorite in my opinion..Offensive line is horrific in pass protection. Once again Saturday proved that Angelli has no time to move the ball downfield..If I'm the D coordinator I stack 8 in the box and take Butler away. I say in a 1 game elimination PROVE IT! To Angelli

Versus most opponents, the BC O only needs to score 14 points to win. Angeli & Co. can manage that with their eyes closed. They're the clear fave to win it all IMO. DBP or SJR vs BC in the Chip will be a great final. 

25 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

I will go out on a limb and say this might be the best D in New Jersey since the 2011 Bosco team. I understand there have been several SJR D's since then that have been impressive

In 2011, the DBP D allowed 8.5ppg vs competition including the likes of Manatee, MV and EDs. 

This season the BC D is allowing 7.8 vs lesser competition as a whole. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mickeybern said:

Personally I think Bosco got hosed 

yes, but it'll work out out.    I don't see any problems en route to MetLife in Bosco's bracket.  SHP would be the only school that concerns me, and they're with BC.

BC is the team, and they'll be playing Bosco.  No doubt in my mind.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mickeybern said:

look I agree to  an extent  but SPP has no right as far as I'm concerned they have the same record as Bosco and lost to them head to head

we have the easiest bracket, I think.  Joes should be tougher than SPP but i'm not so sue Joes is better than SHP.  SHP put 31 on the board against Delbarton at Delbarton by the half.  Delbarton has lost their 2 captains--a MLB who won the states in wrestling as a Soph in 2019 (PJ Casale), and their QB.  I don't think that this is the Delby team that BC beat weeks ago.

Delby beat Clifton the week before the Joes' game 34-27.  Clifton's ranked 41 in NJ, and Clifton lost to Highlands 29-6.  

Joes was shut out by DePaul.  I'm happy to talk about the h2h between Joes and Bosco, but game 2 won't turn out well.

6-3 GC lost to Catholic 38-10, to SFA 45-0, and to SJC 34-21.  Joes' loss at home to GC not looking as good.

This bracket has no team that we can't drill.

13 hours ago, Mickeybern said:

no knock against DPC..they are legit  I fear Bosco more than any other team..made the most strides and I really respect their Coach & staff

Mickey,

You watch the games.  You see.  Glad the 2 best teams are in different brackets.

BC still might have too much, but ...  the playoffs for a change might be interesting

14 hours ago, elKakador said:

Yes, SHP has a much better offense than SPP.  And their defense is playing well right now too.

But I'd also be interested in a Donovan Catholic-BC game.  BC will win, but by how much?

I don't think Joes will get 4 turnovers against Bosco a second time around...

I don't think Joes will get 4 turnovers against Bosco a second time around...

1 of those 2 teams had about 90 more yards on offense, and the other, besides benefitting from 4 TOs, got a 1st-down call on 4th and go-for-it when the RB was stopped 1/2 a yard short--next play, 25-yd TD.  Hoping another team has 4 TOs and a lot of penalties is not a game plan.  I'd rather win on my way to MetLife

Go read this to them, idc

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mickeybern said:

I don't know..BC is a 60% favorite in my opinion..Offensive line is horrific in pass protection. Once again Saturday proved that Angelli has no time to move the ball downfield..If I'm the D coordinator I stack 8 in the box and take Butler away. I say in a 1 game elimination PROVE IT! To Angelli

i'd give BC a better-than-60% chance, but why quibble--things happen.

11 minutes ago, Testadura said:

Mickey,

You watch the games.  You see.  Glad the 2 best teams are in different brackets.

BC still might have too much, but ...  the playoffs for a change might be interesting

Lol 2 best gimme a break, a best team doesn’t fumble 5 times in one game, BC is the best and the rest of teams are the same, it’s all about who’s bringing their A Game come Friday Saturday 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Lol 2 best gimme a break, a best team doesn’t fumble 5 times in one game, BC is the best and the rest of teams are the same, it’s all about who’s bringing their A Game come Friday Saturday 

SJR got way lucky in Game 1. They were outplayed in every criteria, except the Turnover column, which I know is part of the game. Won't happen again. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

i've thought about what you said before you said it, and you make fair points.  Joes is good.  They earned the W.  They turned mistakes into points--many teams don't.  They're tough.  I've said all this a week ago.  I see their flaws though, and they're not as good.  But they're close enough such that if Bosco pulls that sh!t again Joes will come out on top.  But it's Bosco's game to lose--Joes' A game won't beat Bosco's.  that's 100%.  but i think we're saying a lot of the same thing.

• Like 1

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

SJR got way lucky in Game 1. They were outplayed in every criteria, except the Turnover column, which I know is part of the game. Won't happen again. 

i think so, but Joes is good.  they deserve credit.  if this is the 2019 type of Bosco, then whoever is in front of them won't matter till they hit BC.

14 hours ago, Mickeybern said:

I will go out on a limb and say this might be the best D in New Jersey since the 2011 Bosco team. I understand there have been several SJR D's since then that have been impressive

Tall order:

247 Sports #24 5* Hamilton, #1 SDE nationally; 1st Team USAT; Army AA game  (Rivals had Darius at #11 nationally)

247 Sports #53, 4* Wright, #4 CB nationally; 2nd Team USAT; Army AA game  (ESPN's top 150 had Yuri at #40)

247 Sports #103, 4* Shumate; #6 S nationally; Army AA game

[BC's Gould is #128]

ILB Strizak, 3*, ranked #453 nationally, #11 in NJ, and #17 at ILB nationally; I think he received an Army AA-game invite

[BC's Bellamy is #435 nationally per 247, and #35 or #42 at CB nationally (35 is 247, and 42 is the composite)

S Sakowski, 2nd-team ESPN AA 

LB Jared Goldenberg, U of Miami

DE AQM (junior), 4*, ranked #48 nationally; ranked #5 at SDE; ranked #1 in NJ; Army AA game

DT R. Gross (junior), Rutgers

AND SOPH PEPPERS, 3rd-team ESPN AA that year, and Frosh & Soph POY nationally

• Like 1