Bosco preview on Rivals

taojoe

25 minutes ago, NJFOOTBALL1984 said:

Teel needs to be more confident with his words. He could've also said something along the lines of, "Replacing Coach Toal won't be easy......"

Why would he saying anything about replacing Toal??? It's his team now and enough Ballywho about Toal. He's out of the picture. We have all read the accolades about him. He was a great Coach at Bosco, but time to move on. I like Teel's comments. Simple and adds to the leadership of his Seniors.

48 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Yes, like "will give us a shot" !!!! Shot my ass, rather "we will be ready to play very hard and with resolve".........Give us a shot..????? Don't mention prior coach..

Exactly, be confident in your words. I still would've given Toal a shut out, though. Based on the article and what Teel said, it doesn't bring confidence.

1 hour ago, Drummer61 said:

Very few if any teams would...Toal was voted a top five coach in America and won among other things two MNC....He put NJ hs football on another level and made a whole league one of the toughest in America..etc,etc,etc.. Was  also very nice to me whenever I visited Bosco in terms of access to practice or questions.. 

..a great man who will be missed...I spoke with him a few months ago and wished him luck and thanked him for what he did for our school and all the great memories he gave me....

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Toal may become the most influential coach in NJ in terms of his overall record,what he did at Bosco which included two MNC,to which no other hs may accomplish and his raising the level of play in NJ..

Like you said, he put NJ on the map. Now imagine him, Fred, and Nunz on the same sideline? Might take a minute to kick in.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

DBP has upset the Football Gods with their treatment of Toal.

They will NEVER have anywhere near the success they had under Toal.

Wow what a bold statement. Like any NJ team is going to go 115-4 in a 10 year span, be nationally ranked nearly every year and win 8 state titles, 6 in a row and a 46 game win streak and 2 MNCs.