Vestavia was so old school until about 8 years ago they still used the rebel flag as part of their mascot.

HooverOutlaw

Our players when getting off the bus walking from the locker room to the field would have students and fans waving rebel flags and screaming racial slurs at our players. They finally stopped this about 8 years ago. 

So our players white, black  asian, mexican or whatever had to deal with it every trip to Vestavia. It was a bad deal but I think it backfired and made Hoover players play their best.

Vestavia is 99% lily white. These 2 pictures can explain what I'm saying.

Example 

Hoovers girls BB team

FDXpWHoXIAEs4gK?format=jpg&name=large

Vestavia girls BB team

FHzFYioakAMRRBZ?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

15 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Our players when getting off the bus walking from the locker room to the field would have students and fans waving rebel flags and screaming racial slurs at our players. They finally stopped this about 8 years ago. 

So our players white, black  asian, mexican or whatever had to deal with it every trip to Vestavia. It was a bad deal but I think it backfired and made Hoover players play their best.

Vestavia is 99% lily white. These 2 pictures can explain what I'm saying.

Example 

Hoovers girls BB team

FDXpWHoXIAEs4gK?format=jpg&name=large

Vestavia girls BB team

FHzFYioakAMRRBZ?format=jpg&name=small

Not surprised there are pockets of areas like that all over the country. I know we have places like that in georgia.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, maxchoboian said:

You have said you went to Hoover, so we know that. And you have followed the Tide since the day you were born, so we know that too. How about basketball?

Did you play girls basketball?

I know where you come from there are many genders and that can change day to day depending on what a person thinks.  But in Alabama girls play on the girls team boys play on the boys team. 

Point is I damn proud of our girls program. Question what is your girls program ranked nationally? 

6 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

The Vestavia girls look like they play basketball for fun and don’t need it as a springboard to get out of a place like Hoover 

Funny that those girls families talk all  the time at  AAU tournaments about transferring to Hoover to play but the know they would ride the pine or not make the team. 

You are clueless about this subject. Vestavia is an elitist city and has had racism issues for 60 years. That is why Vestavia was started in the 60s black kids started going to Hoover so a group of rich parents along with the city started Vestavia schools that is why they are called the rebels because they rebelled against black kids going to Hoover.

Hoover is a diverse city. Vestavia is a lily white city trying hide from the outside real world. 

18 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

The Vestavia girls look like they play basketball for fun and don’t need it as a springboard to get out of a place like Hoover 

Are you an expert this subject or is GSB telling you what to say word for word. Did you swap Christmas presents with him again this year.

I should have known somebody like you would support a school that used the rebel flag for 50 plus years and calls players from other school terrible racial names. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Funny that those girls families talk all  the time at  AAU tournaments about transferring to Hoover to play but the know they would ride the pine or not make the team. 

You are clueless about this subject. Vestavia is an elitist city and has had racism issues for 60 years. That is why Vestavia was started in the 60s black kids started going to Hoover so a group of rich parents along with the city started Vestavia schools that is why they are called the rebels because they rebelled against black kids going to Hoover.

Hoover is a diverse city. Vestavia is a lily white city trying hide from the outside real world. 

You sound like a punk racist talking bad about VH just because of their demographics. 

15 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

And being diverse doesn’t mean it’s better. Having more people who have less in common doesn’t make your city better. 

31 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Who gives a shit? That is their heritage. What’s your heritage? Does your people have some skeletons in their closet? Did they wrong anyone throughout history? 

quit virtue signaling to left wingers. Keep it football related 

Just posting facts. Waving the rebel flag and calling minorities racist names is their heritage. 

Vestavia has only had whites as head coaches in every sport. 

No skeletons in my closet as far as being racist. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

They are those demographics because they  fight 24/7 to keep it that way. 

Maybe minorities don’t want to move into a town that doesn’t look like them or provide adequate cultural experiences that they would feel most comfortable in. 

Quit making it sound like it’s a bad thing that it is an all white community. Do you believe cities and neighborhoods that are all black are a problem? What about Asian or Hispanic? Are those areas a problem? 

4 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Maybe minorities don’t want to move into a town that doesn’t look like them or provide adequate cultural experiences that they would feel most comfortable in. 

Quit making it sound like it’s a bad thing that it is an all white community. Do you believe cities and neighborhoods that are all black are a problem? What about Asian or Hispanic? Are those areas a problem? 

If they work 24/7 to keep whites out it is a problem.  I'm  going to start calling you Mr Vestavia you live 500 miles away never been to Vestavia but are an expert on the city and high  school. 

Blacks do not wanna live where the mascot is a rebel waving a rebel flag. In you line of thinking the KKK or nazis are a good organization. 

50 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Send me the link where they are doing all what you say they are 

Go watch 2 a days first season when the Hoover buses pull up there are 100 of Vestavia students many with rebel flags.

From an article I'm  linking

In 1970 - as a direct result of that desegregation - Vestavia Hills created its own system. It had the gall to name its mascot the Rebels.

Vestavia didn't just pick it's mascot out of a hat - like a Thundering Herd or a Blue Devil. It picked a Confederate Flag-waving Civil War Rebel because it saw itself as rebellious.

This mascot, this brand that stands for the city of Vestavia Hills, was founded in fear and defiance of equal rights.

Read this article 

https://www.al.com/opinion/2015/06/vestavia_hills_rebel_mascot_a.html

Website started because of racism at Vestavia high school 

https://droprebel.com/

You need more?

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Go watch 2 a days first season when the Hoover buses pull up there are 100 of Vestavia students many with rebel flags.

From an article I'm  linking

In 1970 - as a direct result of that desegregation - Vestavia Hills created its own system. It had the gall to name its mascot the Rebels.

Vestavia didn't just pick it's mascot out of a hat - like a Thundering Herd or a Blue Devil. It picked a Confederate Flag-waving Civil War Rebel because it saw itself as rebellious.

This mascot, this brand that stands for the city of Vestavia Hills, was founded in fear and defiance of equal rights.

Read this article 

https://www.al.com/opinion/2015/06/vestavia_hills_rebel_mascot_a.html

Website started because of racism at Vestavia high school 

https://droprebel.com/

You need more?

Who cares? There was a team called the Dixie Hollins Rebels here in St Pete FL until 2020. The woke cancel culture strikes again 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.abcactionnews.com/news/region-pinellas/dixie-hollins-students-petition-for-change-to-school-name-and-mascot-with-racist-ties%3f_amp=true

2 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Who cares? There was a team called the Dixie Hollins Rebels here in St Pete FL until 2020. The woke cancel culture strikes again 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.abcactionnews.com/news/region-pinellas/dixie-hollins-students-petition-for-change-to-school-name-and-mascot-with-racist-ties%3f_amp=true

You mean the "woke" cancel culture is the name in an effort to marginalize that?

Count me in.

bgw

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

You mean the "woke" cancel culture is the name in an effort to marginalize that?

Count me in.

bgw

I know people who quit going to Vestavia games that are Vestavia people because of the students hollering names at minority visiting players and the rebel flag issues. 

Think about it how are Hoover people supposed to feel that our players minority players are being called every name in the book. Think we like it. Nolebull has a 1930's mindset and  is lost in a modern world. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

The term dixie is not a racist term.