NY/NJ Catholic Battle for the Bridge

NJ2015

9 games including:

St Anthony’s vs SJR

Chaminade vs PC

Iona Prep vs Don Bosco 

Stepinac vs DePaul

Cardinal Hayes vs Pope John

This should be an annual thing.  Too bad the CHSAA doesn’t have enough quality to add opponents for SPP and BC as well. 30 years ago, Holy Cross, St Francis Prep, Holy Trinity, Msgr Farrell and St John the Baptist had pretty good programs. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, NJ2015 said:

9 games including:

St Anthony’s vs SJR

Chaminade vs PC

Iona Prep vs Don Bosco 

Stepinac vs DePaul

This should be an annual thing.  

Makes sense. These border wars are a no brainer. 

Louisiana had a border war back in 2017. It was a good event. They went to battle against Mississippi, Texas and Arkansas, Tennessee and Georgia.

Louisiana went 0-9. Let’s hope this border war is more competitive 

Junction City,AR 48, Haynesville 20

Pulaski Academy,AR 62, Parkway 21

Grayson,GA 22, John Curtis 9

Petal,MS 40, Brother Martin 14

Warren Central,MS 17, Neville 7

Pearl,MS 50, Parkway 27

Tylertown,MS 19, Franklinton 18

Christian Brothers,TN 35, St Paul's 20 

Allen,TX 28, Evangel Christian 7

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Makes sense. These border wars are a no brainer. 

Louisiana had a border war back in 2017. It was a good event. They went to battle against Mississippi, Texas and Arkansas, Tennessee and Georgia.

Louisiana went 0-9. Let’s hope this border war is more competitive 

Junction City,AR 48, Haynesville 20

Pulaski Academy,AR 62, Parkway 21

Grayson,GA 22, John Curtis 9

Petal,MS 40, Brother Martin 14

Warren Central,MS 17, Neville 7

Pearl,MS 50, Parkway 27

Tylertown,MS 19, Franklinton 18

Christian Brothers,TN 35, St Paul's 20 

Allen,TX 28, Evangel Christian 7

Complete lie....you should really be banned. I have a feeling it's coming soon since everyone that has lied with you is now banned.

Enjoy!

• Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, NJ2015 said:

9 games including:

St Anthony’s vs SJR

Chaminade vs PC

Iona Prep vs Don Bosco 

Stepinac vs DePaul

This should be an annual thing.  Too bad the CHSAA doesn’t have enough quality to add opponents for SPP and BC as well. 30 years ago, Holy Cross, St Francis Prep, Holy Trinity, Msgr Farrell and St John the Baptist had pretty good programs. 

I think you have a mistake. The marquee matchup is Cardinal Hayes vs. Bergen Catholic. Unless that has changed

10 hours ago, Mickeybern said:

I think you have a mistake. The marquee matchup is Cardinal Hayes vs. Bergen Catholic. Unless that has changed

No.  BC and Peters not involved. BC playing Seton Hall Prep that weekend.  And as 66 suggested, Iona was number 1 in NYS last year.  And they and Stepinac are probably the class of the CHSAA with Anthony’s dropping off quite a bit in last 5-6 years 

10 hours ago, DBP66 said:

I though Iona Prep was better than Hayes? 

Stepinac is better than Hayes and this being basketball (not like football) I think a lot of times it just comes down to which team shows up on a given night. Any of these teams can beat each other.  I know this is old from October but you guys are saying this schedule is no longer valid?:

https://nychoops.rivals.com/news/new-york-vs-new-jersey-catholic-showcase

16 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

Stepinac is better than Hayes and this being basketball (not like football) I think a lot of times it just comes down to which team shows up on a given night. Any of these teams can beat each other.  I know this is old from October but you guys are saying this schedule is no longer valid?:

https://nychoops.rivals.com/news/new-york-vs-new-jersey-catholic-showcase

My bad.   This is FOOTBALL.  Weekend of Sep 16/17

5 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

oh  lol  sorry boys  I just knew that battle was taking place this weekend and I assumed that is what we were discussing

Yeah the timing of the football announcement around this weekend a little confusing.   But looking forward to September.    And like I said hopefully Anthony’s or Farrell can return to last glory and make this more of an event at the top tier. 

31 minutes ago, NJ2015 said:

Yeah the timing of the football announcement around this weekend a little confusing.   But looking forward to September.    And like I said hopefully Anthony’s or Farrell can return to last glory and make this more of an event at the top tier. 

Doubtful..going back some ways but even when Anthony's was dominant in NY 10 years ago both Bosco and Bergen took them apart. They are also Co-Ed  which makes it a tall order. Farrell has the ability but because of the constant competition in NJ, I just don't see the same commitment in NY. Maybe that is just me. Walk down memory lane:

https://patch.com/new-york/huntington/bergen-catholic-humbles-st-anthony

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NJ2015 said:

9 games including:

St Anthony’s vs SJR

Chaminade vs PC

Iona Prep vs Don Bosco 

Stepinac vs DePaul

It sure how Chaminade got into this….they don’t even play in the highest classification.   

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

It sure how Chaminade got into this….they don’t even play in the highest classification.   

They do play Anthony’s Iona Stepinac and other top division teams.  But compete in lower bracket playoffs. And they are paired against an 0-9 complete rebuild PC.

Another program that was quite good 40 years ago