4* Picayune (MS) RB Dante Dowdell Commits To The Oregon Duck.

RedZone

13 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Mistake he should have stayed in the SEC real football.

Oregon plays real football.

The Duck opens up with Georgia this year also.

Anyways, Dante Dowdell is a little bit bigger RB than Oregon normally pulls. Seems like Oregon has made a living with smaller speedsters at RB.

Duck is pretty excited about this RB commit.

5 hours ago, RedZone said:

Oregon plays real football.

The Duck opens up with Georgia this year also.

Anyways, Dante Dowdell is a little bit bigger RB than Oregon normally pulls. Seems like Oregon has made a living with smaller speedsters at RB.

Duck is pretty excited about this RB commit.

List big games Oregon has ever won that involves a national title season?

58 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Bama 92

FLORIDA 96

TENNESSEE 98

Bad decade but still won 3.

So did Big 8. (Not counting NEB in 97 due to Big XII merger).

Point was you can set a year point to make best conference claim off national titles.  Imagine if we went back to 1970 for the Big 8.

5 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

So did Big 8. (Not counting NEB in 97 due to Big XII merger).

Point was you can set a year point to make best conference claim off national titles.  Imagine if we went back to 1970 for the Big 8.

List them?

But in the last 20 years the SEC has had the best run in history. 

On 5/13/2022 at 6:47 PM, HooverOutlaw said:

Mistake he should have stayed in the SEC real football.

Childish comment, once again.

No question the SEC has been the best conference for quite some time, and in the last 5 or so years leads all conferences with about 25% of the running backs selected in the NFL draft. Damn good.

However, 75% of the running backs drafted have been from non-SEC conferences. If you got it, you got it.

And where I went to grade school or high school or college has nothing to do with this thread, so no need to ask.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

No question the SEC has been the best conference for quite some time, and in the last 5 or so years leads all conferences with about 25% of the running backs selected in the NFL draft. Damn good.

However, 75% of the running backs drafted have been from non-SEC conferences. If you got it, you got it.

And where I went to grade school or high school or college has nothing to do with this thread, so no need to ask.

It is not just RB the SEC is better at every position. Look at say 2020 draft 15 of the 32 in the first round were SEC.

Kid I guess wanted flashy uniforms instead of elite level football.

How many Heisman or 1st team all Americans RBs has Oregon since 2000?

Alabama, Georgia and LSU have produced more great RBs since 2000 than the entire pac 10. 

Some players do not want the elite level of competition that the SEC is. 

Kid took the easy road to being a starter.

I wonder what Alabama running backs have earned in the NFL since 2000 vs Oregon?

52 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

It is not just RB the SEC is better at every position. Look at say 2020 draft 15 of the 32 in the first round were SEC.

Kid I guess wanted flashy uniforms instead of elite level football.

How many Heisman or 1st team all Americans RBs has Oregon since 2000?

Alabama, Georgia and LSU have produced more great RBs since 2000 than the entire pac 10. 

Some players do not want the elite level of competition that the SEC is. 

Kid took the easy road to being a starter.

I wonder what Alabama running backs have earned in the NFL since 2000 vs Oregon?

I wonder what QBs from Bama have earned since 2000?

Heisman award?  Who cares if his goal is an NFL career.  Award's a fraud anyway imo.

Dude...Not every RB is going to go to an SEC school... Especially with NIL in the picture.  Wish the kid the best.

3 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

It's really only been Alabama and Georgia. Guess whose dominated the recruiting rankings too?

1 hour ago, steeler01 said:

It's really only been Alabama and Georgia. Guess whose dominated the recruiting rankings too?

Normally I agree with what you say, but it's been more than Bama and GA getting backs drafted. Going over the last 6 drafts, Bama and GA each have 5 RBs picked, but LSU has had 4, Florida and Texas A&M 3, Ole Miss and Missouri and Auburn and Tenn 2, and So Car and Miss St and Vandy and Kentucky and Arkansas have each had 1. Every SEC school, including Vandy.

2 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

I wonder what QBs from Bama have earned since 2000?

Heisman award?  Who cares if his goal is an NFL career.  Award's a fraud anyway imo.

Dude...Not every RB is going to go to an SEC school... Especially with NIL in the picture.  Wish the kid the best.

Do you realize winning the Heisman now days is worth a million plus a year.