Texas 6A Top 25 Rankings

WILKINSON

A bit off the topic, don't sleep on Davis Mills despite what Chris Simms might say. Texans may be headed in the right direction. Using those draft picks to pick up mostly some much needed SEC talent. Mills is far better than what people are being told. Hopefully the Texans are on the right track now. I'm not as high on Katy as in the past as far as HS goes. Still like NS though.

I think the guy is good. He doesn't get shook up at all. Are you talking about Stanford or Houston being awful? We can agree the Texans were not good. I really don't know what Stanford did last year. But I'm telling you Mills doesn't get shook up, every play is a new play, the guy is a pro. I'm thinking he might turn some heads this year. But we will see. I just thought you might have some insight on him. Not looking to argue or anything like that.

57 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Agree. I think Guyer and woodlands are ranked too low. 

I would probably swap Southlake Carroll and Duncanville. 
Leapfrog Denton Guyer over Katy. 
DeSoto over Lake Travis.

Not sure why Westfield is that high either. Katy Paetow should climb the rankings throughout the season. District play will be very indicative for the Katy schools. 

• Like 1

1.  Just go ahead and drop #18 out of the equation right now please.

They're just gonna disappoint come playoff time...again.

2.  Never thought I'd see the day a San Antonio team is ranked ahead of Allen.

3.  Did #9 finally find an offense to go with those usually stout defenses?

4. #20 & #24 are ranked too high. Why are they even ranked???  #24 needed a major oops to even win the 5A title.  #20...Stahp It.

5.  I have this feeling in my gut #21 is too low.  I can't put my finger on it.  I don't know why.  Call it...hell I dunno.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

1.  Just go ahead and drop #18 out of the equation right now please.

They're just gonna disappoint come playoff time...again.

2.  Never thought I'd see the day a San Antonio team is ranked ahead of Allen.

3.  Did #9 finally find an offense to go with those usually stout defenses?

4. #20 & #24 are ranked too high. Why are they even ranked???  #24 needed a major oops to even win the 5A title.  #20...Stahp It.

5.  I have this feeling in my gut #21 is too low.  I can't put my finger on it.  I don't know why.  Call it...hell I dunno.

Lots of good pointers here. The Woodlands is in that same category as Arlington Martin and Westfield as big oopsies come playoff time. The Woodlands needs to make a statement this year. Or next. They NEED to utilize their talent to their max potential. 

I also don’t understand why SA Brennan is ahead of Allen. I’m not buying it. 

And I’m hopping on that Euless Trinity train too! This new era of Trojan football is going to be fun. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GlenC7 said:

I think the guy is good. He doesn't get shook up at all. Are you talking about Stanford or Houston being awful? We can agree the Texans were not good. I really don't know what Stanford did last year. But I'm telling you Mills doesn't get shook up, every play is a new play, the guy is a pro. I'm thinking he might turn some heads this year. But we will see. I just thought you might have some insight on him. Not looking to argue or anything like that.

Stanford

Just now, Horsefly said:

Please the outcome was definitely in question at half time. 

The score was close,  but the outcome never in doubt.  Westlake had two turnovers at the half and played as bad as you can play and trailed by 1 point. 2nd half comes around and they outscore Guyer 27-7

Just now, steeler01 said:

The score was close,  but the outcome never in doubt.  Westlake had two turnovers at the half and played as bad as you can play and trailed by 1 point. 2nd half comes around and they outscore Guyer 27-7

Of course hindsight being 20/20 it wasn’t in doubt.  But at half time the outcome was definitely questionable. WL had never trailed anyone at halftime the past two seasons to incl NS. 

7 hours ago, WILKINSON said:

I would probably swap Southlake Carroll and Duncanville. 
Leapfrog Denton Guyer over Katy. 
DeSoto over Lake Travis.

Not sure why Westfield is that high either. Katy Paetow should climb the rankings throughout the season. District play will be very indicative for the Katy schools. 

Here are the returning starters. SL is a head scratcher with their ranking based on returners 

9E72B37F-E348-4021-B2EB-E6BA6D946B92.png