Texas 6A Top 25 Rankings

WILKINSON

6 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

1.  Just go ahead and drop #18 out of the equation right now please.

They're just gonna disappoint come playoff time...again.

2.  Never thought I'd see the day a San Antonio team is ranked ahead of Allen.

3.  Did #9 finally find an offense to go with those usually stout defenses?

4. #20 & #24 are ranked too high. Why are they even ranked???  #24 needed a major oops to even win the 5A title.  #20...Stahp It.

5.  I have this feeling in my gut #21 is too low.  I can't put my finger on it.  I don't know why.  Call it...hell I dunno.

Agree with all, except woodlands.  They’re not a great program but good enough if the talent is there like in 2016. The talent is there. 

Trinity will surprise, I’ve heard nothing but great things about them n the new HC.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Of course hindsight being 20/20 it wasn’t in doubt.  But at half time the outcome was definitely questionable. WL had never trailed anyone at halftime the past two seasons to incl NS. 

Had Guyer actually dominated(Up by 7 to 10) with every break going their way in the 1st half, I could see it. 

They were up 1 with two turnovers.  

31 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Had Guyer actually dominated(Up by 7 to 10) with every break going their way in the 1st half, I could see it. 

They were up 1 with two turnovers.  

They started the game off by having their punt blocked for a TD, hardly had every break go their way. Their front 7 played well limited WL run game.  Arnold executed well in the pocket, made good decisions 

I had said Guyer played up to their talent the last two games. They return 5/5 with some talent that transferred in at WR.  They should be top 5 to start the season 

i think I’d revise my top 5 to this: 

WL

NS

DV

Guyer

SL

• Like 1

They started the game off by having their punt blocked for a TD, hardly had every break go their way. Their front 7 played well limited WL run game.  Arnold executed well in the pocket, made good decisions 

WL had no running game last year.  True that did happen, but with two turnovers in a half you should be up 7-10 points

I had said Guyer played up to their talent the last two games. They return 5/5 with some talent that transferred in at WR.  They should be top 5 to start the season 

Who do you think should be dropped from the top 5 for Guyer? Guyer should be actively seeking a game with Duncanville since they won't see them in the playoffs(Division 2 team)

21 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

WL had no running game last year.  True that did happen, but with two turnovers in a half you should be up 7-10 points

Who do you think should be dropped from the top 5 for Guyer? Guyer should be actively seeking a game with Duncanville since they won't see them in the playoffs(Division 2 team)

My revised top 5 is this: 

WL 6/7

NS 5/3

DV 6/6

Guyer 5/5 

SL 5/2

1 hour ago, WILKINSON said:

Similar to…say…a QB like that from St. Augustine? We’ll see very soon how they match against DeSoto. 

Has nothing to do with St  Aug.

.....5-10 165 lb QBs throwing to speedsters is pretty common on the Bayou and other states.

Speaking of St Aug. they will start a rookie this year at QB. Think he had to sit out last year he transferred to Aug in 2021.

Junior (2024 class) Dawson Simmons......only a couple of FCS football offers so far. 

https://247sports.com/player/dawson-simmons-46132755/

Dawson Simmons is 6-0 180 lbs runs a 4.5 and may be drafted this year or next year in baseball. He's a Perfect Game All American and pretty highly regarded to my understanding in baseball.

In any case he's a pretty good ATH......will see how he does at QB this year. St Aug has a stout schedule.

9384811_5c0dd6b87185458f887631f6d8918994.jpg

14 hours ago, steeler01 said:

Seems like a blocked punt for a TD should offset two turnovers a little of that 7-10, no?  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Maybe 1 turnover.  Guyer should've been up at least 7 with all of the errors committed

Seems to be a case of holding one team to a different standard. To me, a punt block for a TD is a mistake that should have some sort of credit (and a big one since it literally was a score) in the theoretical balance of mistakes. 

Seems to me that many want to only credit Guyer for being in the game because of of WL mistakes. Certainly WL wasn’t as sharp as normal, but I give at least some credit to Guyer and also know that Guyer gifted WL 7 points. 

I admit to being biased some as I was at the game and do know so,e times what you see live is different than what you see on TV. I’ll say most of the people in attendance seemed surprised at halftime but didn’t get the impression that people felt it had more to do with WL making mistakes. 

15 minutes ago, pied said:

Seems to be a case of holding one team to a different standard. To me, a punt block for a TD is a mistake that should have some sort of credit (and a big one since it literally was a score) in the theoretical balance of mistakes. 

No,  if the turnovers are even,  it's a wash. They weren't.  The punt block would make it 2 to 1

Seems to me that many want to only credit Guyer for being in the game because of of WL mistakes. Certainly WL wasn’t as sharp as normal, but I give at least some credit to Guyer and also know that Guyer gifted WL 7 points. 

You have to give Guyer some credit,  but again at no point was I thinking Guyer was gonna win

I admit to being biased some as I was at the game and do know so,e times what you see live is different than what you see on TV. I’ll say most of the people in attendance seemed surprised at halftime but didn’t get the impression that people felt it had more to do with WL making mistakes. 

Most people just think blowout and get surprised at anything different besides the outcome they're expecting