Early College Game Recaps : Georgia and Michigan struggle at home

reggid

2 minutes ago, PopsNW said:

Sorry, besides having a bit of a red ass from the socal schools breaking up the band, my wife is a duck and her mood for fall weeks is very dependent on duck’s saturday performance 

At halftime, my week is looking promising (31-13)😘 — take solace from my happiness 

FWIW not a fan of the move to the B1G either, but nobody ever asks me...follow the money I guess...

And yup the score is terrible.  But in a way the game has gone pretty much as anticipated.  There were no  defensive stops for either team.  Oregon executes a perfect onside kick, making it a 5 possession to 3 possession game.    They also hold UCLA to a field goal on one possession after scoring a TD.  That's the difference -- Not quite as lopsided as the score, but it sure feels like this game is  over.  

Nix is having a helluva game.  DTR has sailed a few which I didn't really see earlier this season -- He has been lucky a few times today.  They did teach us about regression to the mean in grad school...Here's to hoping for a little of that in the second half.  Otherwise I'm happy for your happiness.  👍

26 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

FWIW not a fan of the move to the B1G either, but nobody ever asks me...follow the money I guess...

And yup the score is terrible.  But in a way the game has gone pretty much as anticipated.  There were no  defensive stops for either team.  Oregon executes a perfect onside kick, making it a 5 possession to 3 possession game.    They also hold UCLA to a field goal on one possession after scoring a TD.  That's the difference -- Not quite as lopsided as the score, but it sure feels like this game is  over.  

Nix is having a helluva game.  DTR has sailed a few which I didn't really see earlier this season -- He has been lucky a few times today.  They did teach us about regression to the mean in grad school...Here's to hoping for a little of that in the second half.  Otherwise I'm happy for your happiness.  👍

Nix has improved a lot from week to week — my duck still not a fan, but it’s hard to measure up to Herbert and Mariota

I haven’t liked DTR in the decade I’ve been watching but he was admittedly playing at a different level vs uw and Utah.  They haven’t gotten bobo involved at all and I think he’s their best next level weapon 

onside kick was huge and I agree, not as lopsided as score, but that stat if 21 1st half first downs is little hard to defend on behalf of bruins defense 

btw, I went to the Harvard if small liberal arts colleges north of reed and west of willamette, U of Puget Sound. Played at colorado college a year also.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, PopsNW said:

Nix has improved a lot from week to week — my duck still not a fan, but it’s hard to measure up to Herbert and Mariota

I haven’t liked DTR in the decade I’ve been watching but he was admittedly playing at a different level vs uw and Utah.  They haven’t gotten bobo involved at all and I think he’s their best next level weapon 

onside kick was huge and I agree, not as lopsided as score, but that stat if 21 1st half first downs is little hard to defend on behalf of bruins defense 

btw, I went to the Harvard if small liberal arts colleges north of reed and west of willamette, U of Puget Sound. Played at colorado college a year also.  

I was wracking my brain trying to remember where you went undergrad...

I think whenever we use the phrase "Bruin defense" we need insert a word in front like 'mythical' or 'hypothetical' or hopefully damn it with faint praise later in the season with 'improving.'

Hope you will be winning enough to cheer me up sometime by buying lunch... 😀😉

• Like 1

17 hours ago, steeler01 said:

Level of competition

No doubt vs the abysmal game 1, but I watch them/ him every week — I was skeptical and he has gotten. Optically more comfortable and confident every week.  We know UcLA and defense are oxymoronic, but UO had 21 first downs in the first half.  

UO’s most premium players are on defense — if they can get rolling in that side of the ball, they’ll win conference at least