NJ Non-Public Playoffs

paladin4ever

4 minutes ago, paladin4ever said:

The proposal by South Jersey NP schools to split the NP playoffs into a participation award has failed! They will have to continue coming up north to receive their beatings.

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/article/6452153694651452650/proposal-to-change-non-public-football-playoffs-split-north-and-south-voted-down/

Im glad the state of NJ has a brain on this matter. You play in the same group. You will man up and play the games

4 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

N.J. Should, but won't follow the Fla playoff system.. True champs for each group,only one and Catholics are mixed with publics without fanfare or crybaby liberal sentiment.  .Example, STA will likely win 7A and teams,coaches and administrators don't say," oh they recruit"?..  1A to 8A have one champion,no north,central or  south .....Jersey is the worst,softest and most watered down of all the states and sends a false sense of accomplishment to kids.  The message that as long as we play the game we are winners is false and selecting three state champ for north,south and central is horrible.. Administrators in Jersey should be ashamed and thrown out...Parents should rise up,but again,won't as we are a soft and secular society.

What do you get out of beating up the publics?? STA will beat a bunch of publics in all honesty who cares. When their regular season ends so does their season in my opinion. 

Gorman the same thing. They beat a bunch of publics to win their state title. Boring and nobody outside of Gormans fanbase cares when they go to their playoffs. 

Dont we give DLS crap for playing a bunch of public schools 

3 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Reread what I wrote, it's about the playoff system and how watered down it is.. How old are you and do you have a nice girlfriend,if not get one...???

Yea i get it you want it to come down to one champion. And i agree with you. Itll never happen. Season would have to start earlier..never will happen. Lacrosse plays down to one champion. I thought it was stated a while ago whoever wins the NPG4 championship wins the state.

And dont worry about how old i am or my relationship status. My life is sports and im very happy with it

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

What do you get out of beating up the publics?? STA will beat a bunch of publics in all honesty who cares. When their regular season ends so does their season in my opinion. 

Gorman the same thing. They beat a bunch of publics to win their state title. Boring and nobody outside of Gormans fanbase cares when they go to their playoffs. 

Privates in Georgia, won't even PLAY the big publics! They're  SCARED SHITLESS of the big time competition!!! Benedictine in Savannah, use to play in the big school league in the nineties!!! And all of a sudden, they are playing in AA out of EIGHT classifications, and are the prohibitive favorite to waltz to the title next week! They tried to thump their chest early in the season, when the beat 6A power Glynn Academy(a public school) 24-6!!! THEN, Glynn Academy came crashing back down to earth two weeks ago, losing to Northside Warner Robins, 49-7! 

As an aside, MARIST, a very wealthy parochial school in North Atlanta, has NO desire to play the big boys in the GHSA big school Publics! Ditto Lovett, Greater Atlanta Christian, Wesleyan, Mt. Paran Christian, Eagles Landing Christian, and Woodward Academy! ALL play in the lower classifications, even though they have a metro area of 7,000,000, to gather their talent!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

Privates in Georgia, won't even PLAY the big publics! They're  SCARED SHITLESS of the big time competition!!! Benedictine in Savannah, use to play in the big school league in the nineties!!! And all of a sudden, they are playing in AA out of EIGHT classifications, and are the prohibitive favorite to waltz to the title next week! They tried to thump their chest early in the season, when the beat 6A power Glynn Academy(a public school) 24-6!!! THEN, Glynn Academy came crashing back down to earth two weeks ago, losing to Northside Warner Robins, 49-7! 

As an aside, MARIST, a very wealthy parochial school in North Atlanta, has NO desire to play the big boys in the GHSA big school Publics! Ditto Lovett, Greater Atlanta Christian, Wesleyan, Mt. Paran Christian, Eagles Landing Christian, and Woodward Academy! ALL play in the lower classifications, even though they have a metro area of 7,000,000, to gather their talent!

Seems like yes in most states its about the privates but not in NJ FL or NV and for a long time Cali. DLS Dbp BC SJR PC SPP BG STA. Is it bad that its like that? Thats in the eye of the beholder. 

But yes as we all know GA is all about the publics

2 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Funny about publics in Fla and for example,Alabama..They never complain about playing Catholics, no whining,why,because they are not softies nor liberal.. Two of the toughest schools Bosco played were Manatee and Prattville.. Manatee has beaten STA,Cocoa, a small school like Saddle Brook with about 25 players comes to Jersey and pounded BC.. I blame Jersey politics for the horrible state of Jerseys' HS FOOTBALL playoffs.  STA does NOT always roll Fla publics,I.e. Miramar owned them,Deerfield Beach,Dwyer,BTW and a lot more..Lakeland killed STA some years  ago..No,no publics in Fla are very  tough and are not worried about playing anybody..Look what Miami Central did to Bosco at Bosco...51-21 with Dalvin Cook..

Yes i know I was at the DBP MC game but look what DBP did to STA with Scarlett at WP. 

And Yes i was at the Cocoa BC game. It was embarrassing. Folston ate up BC. Which is typical under a Nunzio coached BC team that you can run on the defense but Folston was also a special player. Germano trying to throw the Tebow jump pass into the end zone and getting INT was not a smart move at all. 

First I have a hard time understanding teams that continually look for the easy way out instead of trying to get better and compete with the schools up North. NJ should be pared down to Groups 1-5 for the publics and NP3/4 and NP2. 7 state titles is fine with me. Anything is better than the fiasco they have now.

1 minute ago, aZjimbo said:

First I have a hard time understanding teams that continually look for the easy way out instead of trying to get better and compete with the schools up North. NJ should be pared down to Groups 1-5 for the publics and NP3/4 and NP2. 7 state titles is fine with me. Anything is better than the fiasco they have now.

I agree NPG3/4 needs to be combined the same with NPG1/2. Thatll cut that down

I also saw yesterday that reclassification will be done every 2 years starting in 2018

56 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Dont we give DLS crap for playing a bunch of public schools 

Just curious as to why STA doesn't play IMG and why they are not in the state's top class?  Or is 7A considered the top class?  Gorman simply doesn't have any teams to face in state that are close in talent or coaching.  No other big time private schools that can lure out of state talent.

Just now, krs12345 said:

Just curious as to why STA doesn't play IMG and why they are not in the state's top class?  Or is 7A considered the top class?  Gorman simply doesn't have any teams to face in state that are close in talent or coaching.  No other big time private schools that can lure out of state talent.

I thought IMG wasnt allowed to play in the playoffs in florida

15 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The NJSIAA actually has in its bylaws that football can never have true Group Champs like with lax, hockey, etc. 

If I were king, there would be nine state football champs:

Publics groups 1-5 and Privates 1-4. Really not that hard to do. Would maybe add one more week to the season. Unfortunately NJ is the premiere participation trophy state. 

It's crazy.... you go to the Garden State Plaza in the winter and it seems every other kid has a jacket claiming to have been on a state championship team of some sort. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Drummer61 said:

Funny about publics in Fla and for example,Alabama..They never complain about playing Catholics, no whining,why,because they are not softies nor liberal.. Two of the toughest schools Bosco played were Manatee and Prattville.. Manatee has beaten STA,Cocoa, a small school like Saddle Brook with about 25 players comes to Jersey and pounded BC.. I blame Jersey politics for the horrible state of Jerseys' HS FOOTBALL playoffs.  STA does NOT always roll Fla publics,I.e. Miramar owned them,Deerfield Beach,Dwyer,BTW and a lot more..Lakeland killed STA some years  ago..No,no publics in Fla are very  tough and are not worried about playing anybody..Look what Miami Central did to Bosco at Bosco...51-21 with Dalvin Cook..

Drummer -  are you from Northern NJ ?  if not here is why your comments are idiotic....NJ is one of the most catholic states in the country, two - norther nj ( archdiocese of Newark ) is the fourth largest in the country.  the BIG 3 + PC reside in this area.  So to compare NNJ Catholic schools to FL or GA is dumb.  Soft is not a word that is ever associated with NJ or our football.....just ask your school to pick up the phone and dial, Auggie, Toal, Nunz, Sabella...etc.......

21 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

I thought IMG wasnt allowed to play in the playoffs in florida

That is correct they are akin to Oak Hill or Montverde in basketball due to the fact that they recruit out of state kids each year.  They could play them during the regular season but they are not allowed in the state playoffs. 

• Like 1