Lime Sink Georgia Top Ten 8/20/2017

Rufus69

2 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

The speed and strength on the DL was impressive. They pushed around an OL that looked to average 300 lbs, which opened up holes for our blitzing linebackers. The Norcross QB played about as well as he could under those circumstances. The defense sawrms to the ball; there is a lot of speed on that defense.

Colquitt's D-line was quick, and very good but the Norcross offensive line especially on the right side were a sad bunch.  The RG and RT were just obese kids that could not move. The RT was an absolute joke.

26 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Colquitt's D-line was quick, and very good but the Norcross offensive line especially on the right side were a sad bunch.  The RG and RT were just obese kids that could not move. The RT was an absolute joke.

Ageee with this. Also reached out to Hawg yesterday as their defensive line did look good. Let's see how they do against VM Friday and that'll give us an idea. I think they're talented though and have been coached well 

1 minute ago, TheRealCAJ said:

I don't think Rome is beating Colquitt.....I love the 3 LSU guys at Rome though. Hope they shine in Baton Rouge..

Eh Mayne not in November? But I think they would've beaten Colquitt yesterday fwiw. Rome is a much better team than Norcross. Their defense is outstanding and they actually have an offensive identity - whereas Norcross didn't have an idea of what they wanted to do  

We'll know more in future weeks. I made the same case for Colquitt over Buford despite this weekend so I get it

15 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

14th and 3rd, interesting.  Let's see how Rome does this week.  

Rome is super talented. I was able to watch their scrimmage against Pebblebrook and I'm a fan of the person john Reid is, so maybe I'm biased, but they won state last year with a team that won't touch 2017's potential. They have the pieces. 

Remind me of Cedar Grove last year in 3A. A team that returned a ton, had the pieces, and actually put it together and won State. I think Rome stays on that path.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

I don't think Rome is beating Colquitt.....I love the 3 LSU guys at Rome though. Hope they shine in Baton Rouge..

Rome has a lot of talent... won state last year, return a lot of starters and has a very good coach.

That team is really good. Top 5 in GA absolutely no doubt.

Itll be telling though, this week as they take on 5* QB Justin Fields & Harrison. HSFBA has Harrison preseason #86 Nationally... and Rome not ranked. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ATLien12x said:

Rome is super talented. I was able to watch their scrimmage against Pebblebrook and I'm a fan of the person john Reid is, so maybe I'm biased, but they won state last year with a team that won't touch 2017's potential. They have the pieces. 

Remind me of Cedar Grove last year in 3A. A team that returned a ton, had the pieces, and actually put it together and won State. I think Rome stays on that path.  

I caught a mention about their DL having 4 D1 recruits and that grabbed my attention. If that's true then for sure their D won't suck if they all play well and stay healthy.