Week 1s OOS Games of Interest

ECHS05

I made a complete list of interesting OOS games for the year... but Im going to post this so its early to see what we have this weekend, in Week 1.

Week 1

Hapeville Charter GA @ Thompson AL

IMG Academy USA @ Chandler AZ (8/26)

Coeur d'Alene ID @ Folsom CA

Herriman UT @ Helix CA

Braden River FL @ Chatfield CO (8/24)

Jones FL @ St. John's DC (8/26)

Archbishop Wood PA @ Oxbridge Academy FL

St. John Bosco CA @ St. Thomas Aquinas FL

Melbourne Central Catholic FL @ Buford GA

Venice FL @ Camden Co. GA

Bartram Trail FL @ Cartersville GA (8/26)

Vista Murrieta CA @ Colquitt Co. GA (8/26)

Hoover AL @ Grayson GA

Torrey Pines CA @ Punahou HI

St. Xavier OH @ Hinsdale Central IL

Hazelwood Central MO @ O'Fallon IL

M.L. King MI @ Indianapolis Cathedral IN (8/26)

Trinity (Louisville) KY @ Warren Central IN

Alcoa TN @ Corbin KY

Capital (Charleston) WV @ Johnson Central KY

DeMatha MD @ Bishop Gorman NV

Saguaro AZ @ Liberty NV

Clayton Valley CA @ Reed NV

Cass Tech MI @ Pickerington Central OH

St. Edward OH @ Erie McDowell PA

Wayne (Huber Heights) OH @ Pine-Richland PA

Charlotte Christian NC @ Myrtle Beach SC

American Heritage (Plantation) FL @ Bishop Sullivan VA

Vero Beach FL @ Oscar Smith VA

One thats not on the Pick Em that is interesting to me...

Melbourne Central Catholic FL vs Buford GA... MCC is suppose to be better this year. Im interested to see where Buford stands in comparison.

Bufords BIG OOS test is still 3 weeks away, vs South Pointe SC. They beat Northwestern SC 40-7 last week.

15 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

MCC is a store brand version of Jax TC. 

Buford should have no issue beating them. Buford is top 10 possibly top 5 in GA. 

MCC is top 5 in class 3A. Probably top 40 in FL. 

No doubt no doubt. The way you, plus a few others, were talking earlier... this could be a respectable game?

36 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

No doubt no doubt. The way you, plus a few others, were talking earlier... this could be a respectable game?

Who said that? This game is like Miami Central playing Glynn Academy or Blessed Trinity. 

90 percent of the GA/FL games are slanted in Georgia's favor. They wouldn't schedule it any other way 

10 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

They did beat Cardinal Gibbons last week :) Nice win there 

Jones was beating Norland 24-0 then the JV players play, and the game finished 24-24. For someone who didnt know better, you would think these teams were even. Judging a KOC classic is like judging an NFL team by a preseason game

2 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Jones was beating Norland 24-0 then the JV players play, and the game finished 24-24. For someone who didnt know better, you would think these teams were even. Judging a KOC classic is like judging an NFL team by a preseason game

Maybe in that particular game. I've heard of some of the others playing full games with starters in year's past. Do none of them do that anymore? 

12 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

Maybe in that particular game. I've heard of some of the others playing full games with starters in year's past. Do none of them do that anymore? 

Some might if they have an ego to stroke. But most always put their backups in the second half. It's just like and NFL preseason game. 

Some even have it where 9th graders play a quarter, JV a quarter and varsity a half. 

No one wants to get the starters hurt before the season starts. 

3 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Some might if they have an ego to stroke. But most always put their backups in the second half. It's just like and NFL preseason game. 

Some even have it where 9th graders play a quarter, JV a quarter and varsity a half. 

No one wants to get the starters hurt before the season starts. 

So, basically, Jones thumped Norland? 

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Lol on Norland's roster names... nicknames frenzy.  

http://www.maxpreps.com/m/team/roster.aspx?gendersport=boys,football&schoolid=32e82b48-d81d-4fac-98a4-ed0587a5e663

Was looking for Tyrese Cooper's name but no "Flash".  I guess he's playing on JV as I saw a pic of him in uniform on Twitter.   

5 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Lol on Norland's roster names... nicknames frenzy.  

http://www.maxpreps.com/m/team/roster.aspx?gendersport=boys,football&schoolid=32e82b48-d81d-4fac-98a4-ed0587a5e663

Was looking for Tyrese Cooper's name but no "Flash".  I guess he's playing on JV as I saw a pic of him in uniform on Twitter.   

Hahhahahahahha Stuntman and Shoota are my favorites 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

One thats not on the Pick Em that is interesting to me...

Melbourne Central Catholic FL vs Buford GA... MCC is suppose to be better this year. Im interested to see where Buford stands in comparison.

Bufords BIG OOS test is still 3 weeks away, vs South Pointe SC. They beat Northwestern SC 40-7 last week.

Should have added the Folsom game vs cor don bleu of I da hoe

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

What does this have to do with MCC beating Cardinal Gibbons. From what was said... MCC handled CG the 1st 2 quarters.

Theres always an excuse from you accompanying the FL team thats playing OOS.