The Aftermath Of The Broncos vs Hawgs

Rufus69

This isn't gonna be long.  We just got in from Mack Tharpe.  First let me congratulate Colquitt on their 26-7 victory.  Let me also congratu,ate VM for playing for 48 minutes with heart and determination.  No quit in those guys.  

Now....I'm truly disappointed in the Packer offense.  Especially the QB play.  Steven has a lot more talent than what was displayed tonight.  Just one of those times when things go wrong and continue that way.  We need to find our offensive identity...and find it quick.  We just looked discombobulated.

Major kudos to the Blackhats.  Don't know if they could have played much better.  I'll have more tomorrow when we're back on the Island...but for now I'm gonna go to bed realizing we could be 0-2...instead of 2-0.  We were last year.

Rufus>>

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

This isn't gonna be long.  We just got in from Mack Tharpe.  First let me congratulate Colquitt on their 26-7 victory.  Let me also congratu,ate VM for playing for 48 minutes with heart and determination.  No quit in those guys.  

Now....I'm truly disappointed in the Packer offense.  Especially the QB play.  Steven has a lot more talent than what was displayed tonight.  Just one of those times when things go wrong and continue that way.  We need to find our offensive identity...and find it quick.  We just looked discombobulated.

Major kudos to the Blackhats.  Don't know if they could have played much better.  I'll have more tomorrow when we're back on the Island...but for now I'm gonna go to bed realizing we could be 0-2...instead of 2-0.  We were last year.

Rufus>>

Just take solace in the fact that this quite possibly could be! One of, if not the BEST D in Packer history before it's said and done!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ron169 said:

It's clear that this team is definitely a defense first team. If we can find an offensive identity, might be a deep run this year. Hammond has got to go though

What EXACTLY did he do, to stop drives where easy pitch and catches were botched, and holding penalties, stopped scoring drives?

I think the Bronco's defense was not bad last night. Steven has to get some more games under his belt to settle in is all. The speed of the game is showing that he has a little work to do. The Bronco's blitz last night kind of had him shook and he lacked the poise to add touch where necessary, so the passes were often errant or too hard. I could see why it was that way though. Run blocking looked a bit better for the Pack last night, so that's a good sign. The ability to pick up the blitz got better as the night went on so that was another good sign. 

There was the botched ball transfer that resulted in a fumble. Judging by the look of it all, Daijun expected that Krajewski was meant to pull the ball back and keep it, because Daijun continued running as if he had the ball in a fake/decoy type stance as the ball was just rolling on the ground. It appeared that no Packer even knew it was there. Someone between Steven and Daijun knew, and considering that Daijun ran 10 yards with an empty arm tucked like he had the ball... 

Still have a good bit of work to do on O. Giving the OC credit, the first two scripted drives looked pretty good. I'm not totally sure if Hammond has enough to work with, considering we are so young and missing a few sure starters in there, including 6'3' Wilson who was meant to be at the minimum a deep threat. Without him there, Cam Singletary is getting the business from the D.