HS Football Tiers

Sammyswordsman

There has been discussion lately about teams being on certain tiers, with speculation on how large the gaps are between tiers.  After 2 weeks of football we can now begin to place the teams on tiers.  Based on much research via pouring over recruiting tapes, watching the teams live, and good gut feelings, I now submit the tiers. (not listing all the Texas teams due to being unfamiliar).  This is not an attempt to list EVERY team, but only selected teams, any you guys can submit nominees to add to the tiers

Tier 1:  Can compete with anyone in the Country

Mater Dei, SJB, STA, SJC, DLS, De Matha, SJR, BG, Allen, De Soto, Cen10*, IMG

*healthy QB.  Will adjust pending outcome of Dr. report

Tier 2:  Won't stay within 21 points of Tier 1

Grayson, Bergen Catholic, OLU,  Mission Viejo, Colerain, St. X, Bingham, Chandler, SFA, AHP, Lowndes, Trinity*,  John Curtis, Union, Evangel Christian

Tier 3:  would be -10 vs Tier 2 teams

DBP, Jserra, Servite, Santa Margarita, Colquitt County, SJP, Poly, Mountain Pointe. Miami Central, C-HIll, East. St. Mary's,  Chaminade, Byrnes, Punahu, Serra, Cartersville, Buford, Carrolton

Tier 4:  would be -10 vs. Tier 3 teams

Folsom, Valdosta, De Paul, Paraclete, Tucker

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sammyswordsman said:

They can be in the same tier as long as the game is close.  If a team is -21 then they would drop to the next tier or two

im not sure if SJR keeps it close against SJC. just from the stuff i have heard. SJR and BC should be close but i think BC wins. Also dont be surprised if DBP beats BC. And SJP plays SPP next weekend. very interesting game