Review of Texas #1 Allen Eagles

DevilDog

Had the pleasure of rolling on the Honda Fury last Friday Night  and take the 7 mile trip up I-75 to watch Allen and Cedar Hill in a battle of 2 of the Best in the State.  1st thing about this game I noticed that Cedar Hill was a bigger team on defense than in the past.  All ways an athletic bunch but this team was clearly bigger than past Cedar Hill teams on defense and as usual extremely fast.  They played like a 1st game team and fell behind 23 -0 in the 1st half and whether Allen got complacent or not in the 2nd half you could see the talent on Cedar Hill and once they clean up those penalties and sharpen their swords they are gonna be a tough out in 6A DII.  Now about the Allen Eagles, they looked like a team that were playing their 2nd or 3rd game.  Big physical and disciplined team.  Didn't seem to be as athletic as some other teams on offense, QB is a bigger kid and though mobile he is not like the last 3 to roll thru Eagle football.  But this QB is physical while running.  The offensive line is huge and they were opening some serious holes In the 1st half of this game, but I will say for the 2nd half Cedar Hill looked like their equal and they had 2 int's deep in Allen's territory.  If Evangel's defense is as advertised I look forward to seeing them dealing with that Allen Offensive line it should be physical.  Haven't seen ECA but from what I am reading and what the ESL Coach said about that being the best defense he has faced I can see them giving Allen some problems.  Cedar Hill's speed was phenomenal and Allen was able to neutralize that with their execution. Allen is not a spread em out and throw it all over (Perception of Texas Football).  They will run between the tackles, attack you on the edge and they will hit you vertically and great Special Teams.  Allen's secondary has some size with some go get em kids.  Reminds me of Jenks secondary a few years back with Parker.   Here are 2 videos you can look at for reference's.   To my Football Pals TexasBall and Horsefly this is the info and my thoughts from watching Allen and Cedar Hill.  

Is there any others here going to see them Battle the Highly Ranked Eagles of LA?  Who slugged out a hard fought victory on the road against East Saint Louis Last week.   Allen will be hard to beat especially now that they have a game under their belt.  Last year ECA came into this as their 1st game while Allen had already beat Hoover.  They each have a game and it should be a good one.

A look at them and C.H.   Was a very good game from this Texans perspective.  I am not judging them against the Nation. I haven't seen other States live and my football eyes are not that calibrated to judge something I haven't seen or watch what TV Camera's show me. They are really Texas good for what it's worth.  And I don't know if they are the best here as there are many  games to go, but they are a good looking TX 6A Football Team.  

Texas Style:  Those that follow the top teams here.  You can see how this C.H. team seems to be bigger than their other teams.  Kids seem to have hit the weights hard this year.  They were equal in size to Allen on Defense. 

This was a very fast game and some serious Hitting.   Allen has some Hitters on that Defense.  

• Thanks 2
  • Like 4

I felt like Chill was a better team than the score reflected. Allen could have run away with this, IMO. From what I could tell,  it appeared that almost everyone on the bench played in the 2nd half. If Allen can minimize mistakes, they will be very tough to beat. I wish Chill and Allen played every year. Chill is a classy program and always show good sportsmanship.

I'll be at the Evangel game on Friday. Looking forward to a good one.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Had the pleasure of rolling on the Honda Fury last Friday Night  and take the 7 mile trip up I-75 to watch Allen and Cedar Hill in a battle of 2 of the Best in the State.  1st thing about this game I noticed that Cedar Hill was a bigger team on defense than in the past.  All ways an athletic bunch but this team was clearly bigger than past Cedar Hill teams on defense and as usual extremely fast.  They played like a 1st game team and fell behind 23 -0 in the 1st half and whether Allen got complacent or not in the 2nd half you could see the talent on Cedar Hill and once they clean up those penalties and sharpen their swords they are gonna be a tough out in 6A DII.  Now about the Allen Eagles, they looked like a team that were playing their 2nd or 3rd game.  Big physical and disciplined team.  Didn't seem to be as athletic as some other teams on offense, QB is a bigger kid and though mobile he is not like the last 3 to roll thru Eagle football.  But this QB is physical while running.  The offensive line is huge and they were opening some serious holes In the 1st half of this game, but I will say for the 2nd half Cedar Hill looked like their equal and they had 2 int's deep in Allen's territory.  If Evangel's defense is as advertised I look forward to seeing them dealing with that Allen Offensive line it should be physical.  Haven't seen ECA but from what I am reading and what the ESL Coach said about that being the best defense he has faced I can see them giving Allen some problems.  Cedar Hill's speed was phenomenal and Allen was able to neutralize that with their execution. Allen is not a spread em out and throw it all over (Perception of Texas Football).  They will run between the tackles, attack you on the edge and they will hit you vertically and great Special Teams.  Allen's secondary has some size with some go get em kids.  Reminds me of Jenks secondary a few years back with Parker.   Here are 2 videos you can look at for reference's.   To my Football Pals TexasBall and Horsefly this is the info and my thoughts from watching Allen and Cedar Hill.  

Is there any others here going to see them Battle the Highly Ranked Eagles of LA?  Who slugged out a hard fought victory on the road against East Saint Louis Last week.   Allen will be hard to beat especially now that they have a game under their belt.  Last year ECA came into this as their 1st game while Allen had already beat Hoover.  They each have a game and it should be a good one.

A look at them and C.H.   Was a very good game from this Texans perspective.  I am not judging them against the Nation. I haven't seen other States live and my football eyes are not that calibrated to judge something I haven't seen or watch what TV Camera's show me. They are really Texas good for what it's worth.  And I don't know if they are the best here as there are many  games to go, but they are a good looking TX 6A Football Team.  

Texas Style:  Those that follow the top teams here.  You can see how this C.H. team seems to be bigger than their other teams.  Kids seem to have hit the weights hard this year.  They were equal in size to Allen on Defense. 

This was a very fast game and some serious Hitting.   Allen has some Hitters on that Defense.  

Stick around brother.  You have been missed and we need your Texas knowledge.  We need something to help offset who ever the fool was that let rab back in.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Yes sir that is what I took away from it. 

Unfortunately, I won't be attending DD. Although I will pull for my friends over at ECA, my son has now moved on to college. Next child up, is my daughter at Haynesville High School. So for the next 3 years I'll be rooting on the Golden Tornado while watching her cheer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Unfortunately, I won't be attending DD. Although I will pull for my friends over at ECA, my son has now moved on to college. Next child up, is my daughter at Haynesville High School. So for the next 3 years I'll be rooting on the Golden Tornado while watching her cheer.

I will text you a few times during the game sir.  I expect this one to be tighter than the one we watched last year.  Looking forward to seeing that hellacious ECA defense I keep hearing about and how Allen attacks them.   Take care.   Are you going to the BOB if so hit me up with some info about it?

3 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Stick around brother.  You have been missed and we need your Texas knowledge.  We need something to help offset who ever the fool was that let rab back in.

Thanks brother, Just here about the games and teams that I see here in Texas. But I watched my Mater Dei Monarchs smoke the Bishop last week.  Finally they might get over the hump.

11 hours ago, DevilDog said:

I will text you a few times during the game sir.  I expect this one to be tighter than the one we watched last year.  Looking forward to seeing that hellacious ECA defense I keep hearing about and how Allen attacks them.   Take care.   Are you going to the BOB if so hit me up with some info about it?

I fully expect it to be a closer game at least until halftime when depth becomes a factor. #40 is back full time on defense instead of that mess with him at FB last year. Makes for tough sledding between the tackles with him and Cotton side by side. Elijah (#40) wreaked havoc against ESL last weak even when Cotton went out with injury around halftime. I appreciate any updates you toss my way! Enjoy the game. 

I dont know if I will be at the BotB this year or not. Depends on work and family schedule. If I do, I'll send you some updates as well.

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 9:37 AM, Lurker said:

I fully expect it to be a closer game at least until halftime when depth becomes a factor. #40 is back full time on defense instead of that mess with him at FB last year. Makes for tough sledding between the tackles with him and Cotton side by side. Elijah (#40) wreaked havoc against ESL last weak even when Cotton went out with injury around halftime. I appreciate any updates you toss my way! Enjoy the game. 

I dont know if I will be at the BotB this year or not. Depends on work and family schedule. If I do, I'll send you some updates as well.

I do as well.