Why is the SEC considered to be the most opulent conference in America?

GoBigBlack

1 hour ago, GoBigBlack said:

It’s complete bullshit. Take away Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Tennessee, and Ole Miss and the SEC is nothing special.

....... pretty damn special when it comes to NFL players and etc.

9 SEC teams made the list for 2022, count them!

I don't imagine the list has changed too much in 2023. Maybe I'll look, maybe I won't. 

Let me know if you need help reading the list.

Screenshot_20230912-115408-492.png

33 minutes ago, RedZone said:

....... pretty damn special when it comes to NFL players and etc.

9 SEC teams made the list for 2022, count them!

I don't imagine the list has changed too much in 2023. Maybe I'll look, maybe I won't. 

Let me know if you need help reading the list.

Screenshot_20230912-115408-492.png

Sure, so take away the top 1/3 of the conference and what do you have left?

it is not a coincidence that the over-hyping and slobbering over the SEC coincided with their first massive deal with ESPN.  The truth is that top to bottom, the SEC is just like most conferences, and this year is no exception:  1 or 2 really good teams at the top, a couple of other decent teams, and a large pile of trash underneath.  The SEC benefits from hype.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GoBigBlack said:

It’s complete bullshit. Take away Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Tennessee, and Ole Miss and the SEC is nothing special.

Nobody else is anything special because MIZZZO, Vandy, and KY. get a majority of their players from the big ten states. But Flaawda will no doubt come back to their ole form, before we are all at the pearly gates. THAT, and the state of Texas only has enough top tier talent for the Fightin Bevos.

5 hours ago, Middlegafan said:

I don't know. Maybe the fact as you said, it has five great teams every season. Name one other conference who can say that?

This post was made tongue in cheek in response to your post about the Trinity League. 

Yeah, if you take away the top 1/3 of the best conference it’s unlikely it’s still the best. When you don’t take any teams out of the best conference, however, it is still the best. 

5 hours ago, nptb17 said:

The Big 12 and the BIG have had more than a few seasons.

They are 1 - 4 vs the ACC right now and 3- 6 vs power 5 teams..  The Big12, Pac12 and AcC elite mollywopped their top 1/3 and they were dominated.  BYU and KSU 2 Big 12 teams travel to Mizzou and Arkansas this weekend..  We get a chance to see all that depth.  Because the top teams sorta suck.  You know once they stopped playing the Grambling'sl, MTSU and New Mexico's..  those 3 SEC West Behemonts beat Grambling, MTSU and New Mexico.  😁 they all play 2 of these types each year.  

Look at the avg margin of Victory by Alabama in that conference the last 15 yrs.  Texas played there once delivered the only double digit loss to Bama at home and only LSU and A&M have won at Bama the last 15 yrs.  Yep one tough bunch of Goobers.  Alabama will be like Nebraska in 5ys crying about Texas kicking their asses and wielding too much influence.  OU gonna be a problem too.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Alabama will be like Nebraska in 5ys crying about Texas kicking their asses and wielding too much influence.  OU gonna be a problem too.

You are a fool, devilegg.

No one on this forum gets more mileage out of winning one freakin game on any level than you.

You are now a big Texas fan, last year you were a big TCU fan, the year before that you pimped Baylor and etc.

Your smack talk ain't shit, WIN something other than one week. 

7 hours ago, RedZone said:

You are a fool, devilegg.

No one on this forum gets more mileage out of winning one freakin game on any level than you.

You are now a big Texas fan, last year you were a big TCU fan, the year before that you pimped Baylor and etc.

Your smack talk ain't shit, WIN something other than one week. 

HEY DUDETTE, keep yo grimmy mitts offin my ole buddy, ole pal DD from Dallas, Tejas.

You Cajuns have enough problems, trying to take down the Tejas Agricultural Shool, and them Gumps.

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

SEC is definitely down.   Let's not over react in week 2 though.   I personally think college football has been down overall since Covid hit.   The product on the field has been in serious decline of late IMO.  

I know whatcha mean. Just as Covid hit, UGA got three players who had mostly been shunned by other schools, to send in tapes of their own personal workouts. And were impressed by these three lads initiative to attract interest. UGA decided to take a chance. The names will probably determine if you think them DAWGS made the right decision.

Javon Bullard-Defensive Player of the Game in the semis and finals, in 2023.

Ladd McConkey (who grew up a Volnessean fan) but the Rocky Toppers told him that he was TOOO small and TOOO slow. And I don't mind telling you that THAT came as a real shock to their fans, as they watched the BullDAWGS leading WR, make mincemeat out of their secondary.

And the grape farmer from Napa, Brock Bowers.