The St JOSEPH REGIONAL 21 @ Delby Final

FreeBird

8 hours ago, FreeBird said:

It’s that time of the year, one of biggest rivalry game in country, Bergens got the bigger team, but can they stop the Prolific Gibbs offense,

@SJR89 @SJR 04 @Mickeybern Quincy porter vs Joseph and Willis vs kinsler gotta be a battle out there every single play

Yeah it’s always a good one. I think SJR is going to have to get to the 28 point level to have a shot. Unless your D makes a big turnaround. This is an interesting game because I really just don’t know what to expect from SJR. They are somewhat of an enigma to me. They can score no doubt, but the defense is just bewildering. 

On 10/6/2023 at 9:48 PM, SJR 04 said:

PC needs to hire Augie Hoffman. They have to much talent to not be able to beat anyone in NJ. There comes a point when you've gotten every transfer you want and need, yet can't field a competitive team; that you have to acknowledge your problem may be a coaching issue.

That’s crazy 

As mickey stated ….I too have no idea which SJR team will show up…. Efficient offence, bend don’t break defence, overall good game management from coaching staff or predictable offense, silly penalties, sieve like defence and bad game management from coaching staff…. I do know that the SJR O line has to have a big game to let Grusser be the difference in this game .. if we can run to set pass up and Grusser has time .. SJR will win. 

On 10/4/2023 at 4:54 AM, Mickeybern said:

Yeah it’s always a good one. I think SJR is going to have to get to the 28 point level to have a shot. Unless your D makes a big turnaround. This is an interesting game because I really just don’t know what to expect from SJR. They are somewhat of an enigma to me. They can score no doubt, but the defense is just bewildering. 

Last year, Joe's put up 21 against a better BC defense, while Joe's offense was not as good as this years offense... interesting...

Just now, SJR 04 said:

Joe's put up 21 against a better BC defense, while Joe's offense was not as good as this years offense... interesting...

yeah. I said they need to get to 28 & I think there is a good chance they get there. I also think Bergen will get to that #. My ??? is the Joe's Defense, just don't know which unit shows up.

7 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

Joe's put up 21 against a better BC defense, while Joe's offense was not as good as this years offense... interesting...

also SJR we have been carrying on with regards to this matchup on the Week 8 Pick'em thread. I said this a couple of days ago to Freebird:

On 10/11/2023 at 10:23 AM, FreeBird said:

@Mickeybern the people have spoken,

In all fairness FreeBird, it would be very difficult for anyone other than an SJR alum to take the Green Knights on Saturday. BC has lost 2 games in state in the last 4 years and have been ranked in the Top 25 in the country the last 3. SJR hasn't beaten Bergen since 2019, so any out of state poster can't in good conscience take SJR. That said, I'm beginning to believe an upset here is a very good possibility. Just got a feeling that Bergen is in the same spot mentally that they were in against Bosco last year. Don't know why but I just have this incline, that Bergen is getting cocky. This is a huge game for playoff seeding which most people are not paying attention to, if BC wins they for all tense & purposes lock up the #1 seed. That would relegate SJR to the bottom half of the bracket & most likely have to play Delbarton in the semis, with the October 28th matchup against the Green Wave being used for the #2 slot. If SJR wins then Bergen will have a fight on their hands to make the finals. Everyone in my opinion is sleeping on the Green Wave! They have big physical lines and are very well coached, they are definitely legit!

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

yeah. I said they need to get to 28 & I think there is a good chance they get there. I also think Bergen will get to that #. My ??? is the Joe's Defense, just don't know which unit shows up.

BC 

144yds rushing per game 

188yds passing per game

SJR 

237yds passing per game

228yds rushing per game

Here's what I've been dealing with. Bergen has played stellar defense, while Joe's has played stellar offense.

BC offense is about as good, as Joe's defense. Nothing to impressive about either side. Makes for a pretty interesting game if you ask me. 

2 hours ago, SJR 04 said:

BC 

144yds rushing per game 

188yds passing per game

SJR 

237yds passing per game

228yds rushing per game

Here's what I've been dealing with. Bergen has played stellar defense, while Joe's has played stellar offense.

BC offense is about as good, as Joe's defense. Nothing to impressive about either side. Makes for a pretty interesting game if you ask me. 

Yeah I kind of think Bergen has been evolving somewhat on offense. They will be trying that 3 headed monster running the football in order to grind down the SJR D. That’s what they should do. Try to play keep away. If they can move the chains then I believe that goes a long way to helping them keep the SJR point total down. Green Knights are hungry for this game. Won’t be surprised if they pull the upset. 

• FreeBird changed the title to The St JOSEPH REGIONAL 21 @ Delby Final