Georgia week 11 Scoreboard

TheMaximumHornetSting

North Hall (Gainesville,GA) 10 @ Cedar Shoals(Athens,GA) 7 3rd qtr...

Harris County HS (Pine Mountain,GA) 21 @ Charles Drew HS (Riverdale,GA) 0 start of the 3rd qtr... 

Harris has their region's one seed on lock with a win tonight... 

Tucker (GA) 40 @ Lithonia (GA) 6 3rd qtr 

Weslyan (Norcross,GA) 41 @ West Hall (Oakwood,GA) 0 HALFTIME 

South Gwinnett (Lilburn,GA) 14 @ Newton (Covington,GA) 12 HALFTIME 

5 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Burke was the clear cut #2 seed behind Benedictine... 

Before they went and got upset by New Hempstead... 

Now theres gonna be a 3 way tie for 2nd... 

it’s crazy how u play Thursday like how they expect the kids to wake up the next day,  with getting ready for pregame when  they have time to do the homework they get assigned 

15 minutes ago, FreeBird said:

it’s crazy how u play Thursday like how they expect the kids to wake up the next day,  with getting ready for pregame when  they have time to do the homework they get assigned 

The only fairly far game today was Fannin County (Blue Ridge Mountains,GA) @ Rockmart (Ga) which is about 2 hours and 15 minutes...

And Central Macon @ Spencer (Columbus,GA) which is 2 hours flat

20 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

2 upsets: 

South Gwinnett 31 @ Newton 28 FINAL 

Burke County (Waynesboro,GA) 28 @ New Hampstead (Savannah,GA 34 FINAL

What’s going on with Newton? They were rolling with some me solid wins over Westlake and Grayson. Did one of their superstars get injured or something? Will they lose at Archer next week to make it 3 in a row? 

56 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Damn man... atleast yall qualify for the playoffs... 

Damn to yall too... 

Yup. Its all coaching. People will blame the players but those kids ain't putting themselves on the field. I've seen players not try to make tackles and give up on plays and carter sends those same players back out there the next drive. 

5 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

What’s going on with Newton? They were rolling with some me solid wins over Westlake and Grayson. Did one of their superstars get injured or something? Will they lose at Archer next week to make it 3 in a row? 

I don't know about Westlake but it was a close win over us that we should not have lost.  Last play of the game, we had two receivers in the end zone.  Our QB threw to the open back receiver but the up receiver dove for it and knocked it away from the back receiver.  It was a great defensive play ... but we were on offense.  My point is that it was a very close game.  To be sure they won but it wasn't a blow out or anything close to that.  As I often say, in the end it is the W or L that counts and they got the W but it may have given the impression they are overall stronger than they might be.

14 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Late on the scoreboard I just got home from Auburn,AL.... 

Man for the first time since the 70's... 

Calhoun may just miss the 5A playoffs... 

Tonight according to GPB:

Cass (Cartersville,GA) 52 @ Calhoun (GA) 29 FINAL. 

Cass has quietly been building up a solid team... 

https://www.walb.com/2023/10/25/calhoun-co-schools-superintendent-found-ineligible-by-retirement-system/

Man if they investigated Lowndes we wouldn't have any teacher or administration about 40.

23 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

https://www.walb.com/2023/10/25/calhoun-co-schools-superintendent-found-ineligible-by-retirement-system/

Man if they investigated Lowndes we wouldn't have any teacher or administration about 40.

Thats Calhoun County bro... 

Im talking about Calhoun City-Gordon County. 

But that was a interesting read and part of why I hated living rural... 

I dont think Tift County nor Colquitt are in that deep nor have that type of corruption issue.... 

But these small middle of nowhere communities are most definitely peddling some funny money to superintendents and certain coaches and teachers.... 

If you've never been to Calhoun County one of the biggest things they got going for them is that massive ass prison (Which is sad IMO)... Calhoun State Prison is right outside Morgan... in the middle of nowhere near a gator infested Lake and River... 

Calhoun County HS  is barely a 1A HS and like I said the prison brings in the federal  money... because of how rural and far out and secure  the prison is they get dangerous prisoners sent there from as far out as Cali and Texas... when I say they get serious Federal money I mean big bucks... but as a while the county is nothing to write about... 

Apparently the US Agriculture and Farmland Bureau has rated all of Calhoun County,Early County,Miller County,Stewart county,Clay county and Seminole County as untapped Prime farmland and grazing land for cattle.... 

Which isn't surprising all those counties lifted are over 90% untouched... 

• Like 1