Hey 96 so the Cook County judge was proven right per reports.

HooverOutlaw

44 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Robin Hines looks like a complete idiot now. The Judge and the GHSA board said he was wrong. 

They won the appeal the GHSA knew they did not have a leg to stand on.

They must have thought cook county was in metro Atlanta.

Yup. Meanwhile I couldn't keep up with tall the off season transfers in gwinnett.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/high-school-sports-blog/cook-wins-ghsa-appeal-to-keep-5-victories-claims-region-title/BDH33KBSFFBSFFCDAWZFNB6OLU/?fbclid=IwAR12CnJyVYXkOBcr9v9f4PYKMuYi15B20_MYDMiAYPKwD0IkCmvZlCeum84

13 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Robin Hines looks like a complete idiot now. The Judge and the GHSA board said he was wrong. 

They won the appeal the GHSA knew they did not have a leg to stand on.

They must have thought cook county was in metro Atlanta.

If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.  When you hate an institution, nothing they do looks right.  The GHSA followed their rules which allow for the hardship appeal.  Hines said the appeal should have been filed sooner.  Fitzgerald being jerks caused it to be an issue.  He followed the rules as he had to and he said the appeal was appropriate as there was no undue influence.  Looks to me like everything worked as it was supposed to and there was a reasonable solution to a situation.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fred said:

If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.  When you hate an institution, nothing they do looks right.  The GHSA followed their rules which allow for the hardship appeal.  Hines said the appeal should have been filed sooner.  Fitzgerald being jerks caused it to be an issue.  He followed the rules as he had to and he said the appeal was appropriate as there was no undue influence.  Looks to me like everything worked as it was supposed to and there was a reasonable solution to a situation.

Just proves their rules are wrong. 

The judge is a hero.

On 11/2/2023 at 10:56 AM, HooverOutlaw said:

Just proves their rules are wrong. 

The judge is a hero.

And yet even you have said the Alabama association has rules that don't make sense with no recourse.  At least the GHSA has procedures in place to address those issues created by but not covered by rules that cannot cover everything.

Judge is a hero?  You clearly don't understand what was going on.  There is a hardship procedure in place.  Cook was slow to utilize it.  Hines said the hardship appeal should have been filed a long time ago.  The judge's ruling changed nothing other than to temporarily stay the ruling until the appeal could be heard.

10 minutes ago, Fred said:

And yet even you have said the Alabama association has rules that don't make sense with no recourse.  At least the GHSA has procedures in place to address those issues created by but not covered by rules that cannot cover everything.

Judge is a hero?  You clearly don't understand what was going on.  There is a hardship procedure in place.  Cook was slow to utilize it.  Hines said the hardship appeal should have been filed a long time ago.  The judge's ruling changed nothing other than to temporarily stay the ruling until the appeal could be heard.

I had A guy tell me Burt Reynolds has or had a big house in Loganville . Have you ever seen it?

3 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

I had A guy tell me Burt Reynolds has or had a big house in Loganville . Have you ever seen it?

I have.  It was pretty impressive from the outside and had a pretty good bit of property.  Big entrance gate and it sat back several hundred yards from the road.  I heard it was nice inside but as was typical with the time, only had 8ft ceilings so it seemed a little cramped.  A church wound up buying the house and some of the acreage and most of it was developed into a subdivision.  I'm drawing a blank on the subdivision name at the moment but it seems like it was something semi related to Burt or one of his movies.  Don't take that one to the bank though as I could be full of it.  Just don't remember.

17 minutes ago, Fred said:

I have.  It was pretty impressive from the outside and had a pretty good bit of property.  Big entrance gate and it sat back several hundred yards from the road.  I heard it was nice inside but as was typical with the time, only had 8ft ceilings so it seemed a little cramped.  A church wound up buying the house and some of the acreage and most of it was developed into a subdivision.  I'm drawing a blank on the subdivision name at the moment but it seems like it was something semi related to Burt or one of his movies.  Don't take that one to the bank though as I could be full of it.  Just don't remember.

I knew you would know.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Fred said:

I don't think so but to be honest, I just don't remember.  If I get bored and have some free time, I'll try to look it up but the season has started and I'm super busy now.

I was really just joking about Loni Anderson.  But when Burt died she got $125 k out of his estate. She was smoking hot but Burt screwed up marrying her.