'big house riley" Taking A Beating On Social And In Media.

RedZone

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

and you just cherry-pick one game to harp on.

Yeah, the LAST one played!

Like Utah last year. USC won 11 games but Florida beat Utah so it's a wash!

lincoln riley is 0-3 vs Utah

Billy Napier is 1-1 vs Utah

RedZone (King of the Jungle) continues to CLUB atticus silly!

Again, just standing next to Dabo and Saban doesn't make him a good coach. He had practically nothing to do with any of their successes.

Billy Napier/Gator currently has the #5 ranked class in the Nation, go figure.

lincoln riley sucking wind and barely has a Top 20 Class.

When atticus realizes he's being CLUBBED he just gets extra stupid!

Stand next to this! 👇

https://www.gatorsports.com/story/football/2021/12/03/billy-napier-top-5-recruits-landed-new-florida-coach-his-career/8842177002/

As Clemson’s recruiting coordinator, he compiled the No. 3 class in 2008 and was also tabbed as the second-best recruiter in the nation by ESPN.com. At Alabama, he was ranked annually by 247Sports as one of the nation’s top 25 recruiters. 

Which is cherry-picking because you're getting crushed overall.

Everybody knows this about you. If they lost the LAST one then you'd just pick something else to harp on.

Rinse, repeat.

NO recent HC hire had more HYPE than lincoln riley. 

The guy even went out and purchased a big house that set him back $18 million. 😄

I'm truly sorry it upsets you that he's failing badly. You'll get over, you always do.

5 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

This isn't true. You must not have read any of RedZone's stuff last year.

USC went 11-3 and Florida went 5-7. The guy was still ripping Riley and fellating Napier.

What isn't true?  The comparison stuff being fun or this season being a disappointment?  

I ahave read anything from RedZone about Napier/Riley.  I recall reading and chiming in regarding the homes.  Pretty sure I said both were pretty nice.

Clearly Riley coached them to a great record and season a year ago, this year not so much.  Florida doesn't seem very good at all, but I've paid very little attention to them at all.

15 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

That it wouldn't be a discussion if the season wasn't a disappointment. They won 11 games last year and RedZone was starting threads mocking him. This is how he rolls.

You don't pay attention.

No it is a discussion and the records are equal because of this season.  

The tweet I linked, was from some random tOSU fan on Twitter/X who I'm pretty sure doesn't know about this site much less RedZone.  This is just something that you're seeing across the Twitter/X world.  I saw one, read this thread and thought it interesting to post. 

So you are simply incorrect that it's not a discussion, and clearly had this season not been a disappointment, the record wouldn't be the and obviously not a discussion.

This has NOTHING to do with RedZone.  

You are correct, I haven't read all the threads on here so don't pay attention to everything said.

It is also correct that you don't pay attention, or we wouldn't be going round and round on clear facts.

2 minutes ago, pied said:

The tweet I linked, was from some random tOSU fan on Twitter/X who I'm pretty sure doesn't know about this site much less RedZone.  This is just something that you're seeing across the Twitter/X world.  I saw one, read this thread and thought it interesting to post. 

I already addressed how stupid that tweet was. Not surprising that you think it's a good take.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, pied said:

So you are simply incorrect that it's not a discussion, and clearly had this season not been a disappointment, the record wouldn't be the and obviously not a discussion.

This has NOTHING to do with RedZone.  

You're just objectively wrong.

Again, people were making Lincoln Riley a story when they were 11-3.

There are people who don't like him regardless of record.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

NO recent HC hire had more HYPE than lincoln riley. 

The guy even went out and purchased a big house that set him back $18 million. 😄

I'm truly sorry it upsets you that he's failing badly. You'll get over, you always do.

I wouldn't say failing badly at all, but will be very interesting to see what he does next year. 

Of course next year is a great unknown with the conference realignment and what expectations will look like with the expanded playoffs.  What may have been a bad season before might look better if you make the playoffs.  Different expectations for different teams of course, but how it actually shakes out will be very interesting to watch. 

3 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

I already addressed how stupid that tweet was. Not surprising that you think it's a good take.

hmmm, pretty sure I didn't say it was a good take

17 hours ago, pied said:

The comparison stuff is just fun, but would also not be a discussion if this season wasn't a disappointment, so I'm ok with it.  It is possible to discuss the similarities and differences between two coaches starts at the same school.

2 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

You're just objectively wrong.

Again, people were making Lincoln Riley a story when they were 11-3.

There are people who don't like him regardless of record.

The conversation of Helton and Riley having the same record had this season not been a disappointment still would have happened?  Really?  That is objectively a correct statement?  

When Riley had them 6-0 to start the season, can you please find any posts/tweets/reports of a comparison between his and Helton's record through the same number of games?

Would be very interested to see those.

2 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Yet here you are running your mouth.

Yep.  🤷‍♂️

Would be nice to simply have conversations with you, but you appear more interested in throwing insults and engaging in arguments.

8 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Do this for us.

List ALL of big house riley's BEST WINS at Oklahoma..

I know clubbing Big 12 teams impresses you greatly, so do it!

Second game of his head coaching career.

Beat #2 Ohio State on the road by 2 touchdowns.

I can stop right now at two games into his career and you'll never be able to top it.

1 minute ago, pied said:

The conversation of Helton and Riley having the same record had this season not been a disappointment still would have happened?  Really?  That is objectively a correct statement?  

Now you're just conflating two different things.

I'm beginning to think that you *can't* read instead of just being lazy and not reading.

1 minute ago, Atticus Finch said:

So are we to assume that posts are not endorsements?

Weird thing to do if you didn't think it was good.

I've said several times that I think it is interesting to discuss the difference between coaches starts, both similarities and differences.  The record is simply a data point and conversation starter.