'big house riley" Taking A Beating On Social And In Media.

RedZone

8 minutes ago, pied said:

When Riley had them 6-0 to start the season, can you please find any posts/tweets/reports of a comparison between his and Helton's record through the same number of games?

No, because the person's narrative wouldn't have been supported by those numbers.

Hence you're making my point. It's a narrative and a stupid one.

4 minutes ago, RedZone said:

You sure can stop (wish you would) because that's it.....end of the list. 😄

It's not even the end of the last for *that* season.

Oklahoma was 4-1 vs. teams ranked in the top 11. Only loss was in OT.

Beat #2 Ohio State

Beat #11 Oklahoma State

Beat #6 TCU

Beat #11 TCU

You wish I'd stop because I could go on and on while you fap to a picture of Sling Blade and have zero comebacks.

30 minutes ago, pied said:

So you are simply incorrect that it's not a discussion, and clearly had this season not been a disappointment, the record wouldn't be the and obviously not a discussion.

This has NOTHING to do with RedZone.  

You are correct, I haven't read all the threads on here so don't pay attention to everything said.

It is also correct that you don't pay attention, or we wouldn't be going round and round on clear facts.

25 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

You're just objectively wrong.

Again, people were making Lincoln Riley a story when they were 11-3.

There are people who don't like him regardless of record.

First I'm objectively wrong

4 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

No, because the person's narrative wouldn't have been supported by those numbers.

Hence you're making my point. It's a narrative and a stupid one.

And then you say what I've been saying for two days.  If this season wasn't a disappointment, people wouldn't be making the comparison because the records wouldn't be the same.  It's not a narrative, they are simple numbers, wins and losses.  The discussion around them is the narrative.

You truly like to argue to argue.  

Just because someone has an observation or thought that you haven't had first, or perhaps you disagree with doesn't mean they're wrong necessarily.

5 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Here's RedZone creaming himself when Louisiana-Lafayette beat Iowa State.

Iowa State is in the Big 12.

Huge win for Napier and the Ragin Cajuns!

Oklahoma and riley split with Iowa St that year (2020).....Oklahoma beat Iowa St in the Big 12 Champ game 27-21. That game is on lincoln riley's resume making him one of the gretates coaches on the planet....ask atticus finch! 😄

#ragincajuns

In 2 years big house riley has usc "unranked" and "not even receiving any votes". NOT 1 vote. 😄

Does anyone really believe next year will be better for usc?

I asked a simple question last week none of the riley fanboys wanted to answer> how long do you give lincoln riley to turn it around? 5 years, 6 maybe 7 years? 

I believe Napier will get 4-5 years to bring the Gator back.

Dumb atticus  believes usc is already back! Yeah, they are back.  👇

1 Georgia (61) 1549 1 11-0
2 Ohio State (1) 1447 3 11-0
3 Michigan 1440 2 11-0
4 Washington 1367 5 11-0
5 Florida State 1324 4 11-0
6 Oregon 1219 6 10-1
7 Texas 1180 7 10-1
8 Alabama 1138 8 10-1
9 Louisville 1017 9 10-1
10 Missouri 964 11 9-2
11 Penn State 894 12 9-2
12 Ole Miss 878 13 9-2
13 Oklahoma 766 14 9-2
14 LSU 748 15 8-3
15 Oregon State 714 10 8-3
16 Arizona 625 19 8-3
17 Notre Dame 503 20 9-1
18 Tulane 499 17 10-1
19 Kansas State 418 23 8-3
20 Iowa 332 NR 9-2
21 Oklahoma State 329 24 8-3
22 Liberty 229 25 11-0
23 Toledo 118 NR 10-1
24 James Madison 75 18 10-1
25 Tennessee 72 21 7-4

OTHERS RECEIVING VOTES: Utah 69, NC State 66, UNLV 56, SMU 49, North Carolina 26, Clemson 20, Kansas 7, Fresno St. 6, New Mexico St. 3, UCLA 1, Miami (Ohio) 1, Texas A&M 1.

13 minutes ago, RedZone said:

In 2 years big house riley has usc "unranked" and "not even receiving any votes". NOT 1 vote. 😄

Does anyone really believe next year will be better for usc?

I asked a simple question last week none of the riley fanboys wanted to answer> how long do you give lincoln riley to turn it around? 5 years, 6 maybe 7 years? 

I believe Napier will get 4-5 years to bring the Gator back.

Dumb atticus  believes usc is already back! Yeah, they are back.  👇

1 Georgia (61) 1549 1 11-0
2 Ohio State (1) 1447 3 11-0
3 Michigan 1440 2 11-0
4 Washington 1367 5 11-0
5 Florida State 1324 4 11-0
6 Oregon 1219 6 10-1
7 Texas 1180 7 10-1
8 Alabama 1138 8 10-1
9 Louisville 1017 9 10-1
10 Missouri 964 11 9-2
11 Penn State 894 12 9-2
12 Ole Miss 878 13 9-2
13 Oklahoma 766 14 9-2
14 LSU 748 15 8-3
15 Oregon State 714 10 8-3
16 Arizona 625 19 8-3
17 Notre Dame 503 20 9-1
18 Tulane 499 17 10-1
19 Kansas State 418 23 8-3
20 Iowa 332 NR 9-2
21 Oklahoma State 329 24 8-3
22 Liberty 229 25 11-0
23 Toledo 118 NR 10-1
24 James Madison 75 18 10-1
25 Tennessee 72 21 7-4

OTHERS RECEIVING VOTES: Utah 69, NC State 66, UNLV 56, SMU 49, North Carolina 26, Clemson 20, Kansas 7, Fresno St. 6, New Mexico St. 3, UCLA 1, Miami (Ohio) 1, Texas A&M 1.

I think next year will be key.  He loses one of the best players in college football and plays a new, likely harder schedule.  

Big changes in college football with realignment and what expectations will be regarding the expanded playoff. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him be able to land a top transfer QB like Mayfield, Kyler, or Jalen Hurts.  I don't know who that would be, but he's clearly good at it.

Unless there is a complete collapse, I see them waiting through next season and if still underperforming, the seat gets hot in late '24, '25.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pied said:

I think next year will be key.  He loses one of the best players in college football and plays a new, likely harder schedule.  

Big changes in college football with realignment and what expectations will be regarding the expanded playoff. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him be able to land a top transfer QB like Mayfield, Kyler, or Jalen Hurts.  I don't know who that would be, but he's clearly good at it.

Unless there is a complete collapse, I see them waiting through next season and if still underperforming, the seat gets hot in late '24, '25.

....usc opens with LSU in Las Vegas next year.

The way this season panned out for lincoln riley especially if he loses another bowl game and he starts 2024 with a loss???>>> that seat going to get seriously warm, maybe not quite scorching hot. The pressure will mount every week. 

Lots of eyes will be on riley and Kelly in that game.

On 11/20/2023 at 2:04 PM, pied said:

did Helton bring in his 5*,  Heisman winning QB to go along with his 5* WR?  Heck, they went into his first year ranked #14 preseason.  Don't think people thought it was a wasteland out in LA.

Let's not pretend the cupboard was bare or that this team with the returning Heisman winning QB at the helm hasn't underperformed this season from their #6 preseason ranking.

USC completely underachieved this year. That is no secret. I thought the floor would be 9-3. 

The offense averages 42 ppg. Riley brought over a DC with an awful scheme. He fired him, that side of the ball is the focus this offseason. Many don’t realize how bad USC was when he got there. Complete nonsense for anyone to believe that he can’t coach. He’s 40. Brian Kelly was coaching division 2 football when he was 40. Sark was 13-12 in his first 2 years at Texas, now he has that thing rolling. Riley has to bring in an elite DC (will be announced this week), and get some hogs in the trenches. Of course I wish those things had been done year 1. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

USC completely underachieved this year. That is no secret. I thought the floor would be 9-3. 

The offense averages 42 ppg. Riley brought over a DC with an awful scheme. He fired him, that side of the ball is the focus this offseason. Many don’t realize how bad USC was when he got there. Complete nonsense for anyone to believe that he can’t coach. He’s 40. Brian Kelly was coaching division 2 football when he was 40. Sark was 13-12 in his first 2 years at Texas, now he has that thing rolling. Riley has to bring in an elite DC (will be announced this week), and get some hogs in the trenches. Of course I wish those things had been done year 1. 

Yeah, he had the luxury of stepping into an already set up team at ou, kind of handed the keys.  Clearly different situation than taking over at USC.  Maybe he took a few things for granted too.  Learning on the job so to speak.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

and get some hogs in the trenches

It takes several years for that phenomenon to happen, I guess!!....might pick up a couple big dudes from the portal, but you really aren't adding any trench depth.

It's all about recruiting.

lincoln riley is NOT an OL/DL kinda guy or recruiter. He'll spend most of the off season trying to get a QB and some WRs. 🤔😧😂

On 11/21/2023 at 8:41 PM, HurricaneNick said:

I agree year 3 is the year that determines long term success. Many examples of this just at Alabama here are 2 in year 3

Gene Stallings 1992 13-0 national champs

Nick Saban 2009 14-0 national champs

If Riley does not win 11-12 games in 2024 probably not gonna be the guy.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

I agree year 3 is the year that determines long term success. Many examples of this just at Alabama here are 2 in year 3

Gene Stallings 1992 13-0 national champs

Nick Saban 2009 14-0 national champs

If Riley does not win 11-12 games in 2024 probably not gonna be the guy.  

Next year will be much better... 

Trust... 

Their big 10 schedule is: 

@ Bichigan

Vs. Wisconsin

Vs. Minnesota 

Vs. Rutgers 

@ Maryland 

@ Washington 

Vs. Penn State 

Vs. Nebraska 

@ UCLA