DBP vs SJR

Zipcep

honestly after watching our defense get shredded on the ground vs BC...have no clue...been a long time since a team embarrassed the greens knights on the ground...hats off to Nunz....was hard to believe we could not stop them with 5 mins to go to give ourselves a shot....better team won...as for bosco...now its not BC offense but still....not sure which SJR team is showing up....just want a win at this point 

3 hours ago, Zipcep said:

what say you....

I'll give the edge to SJR..we need to talk about the other side of the ball. Bosco's D has also been less than impressive and I think Joe's has several more play makers than Bosco. Also what happened on Saturday was just as much attributed to BC's offense being a lot more high powered and if Joe's stacked the box they had the weapons to go to the air. I don't think Auggie will give the same respect to Batts that he ave to JL. The Bosco O-line is senior laden and was supposed to be the strength of this team. It is time for them to step up and prove it.

5 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

If DBP can pound it on the ground and keep SJR Os off the field, they can certainly win the game by shortening the game. I've been touting DBPs senior-laden OL for months. I still feel its far superior to the SJR DL. Saturday will prove if I'm right or wrong.  

yeah we will know soon enough..One other thing to keep an eye on saturday is the Joe's o-line. I mentioned this on the BC-SJR thread after the game that Joe's was highly undisciplined and was flagged for 3 personal fouls and several penalties. But in my opinion it could have been a lot worse with a different officiating crew. Joes' 2 tackles were constantly holding and might have been flagged once.  I get this is not the NFL but if they get a more stringent crew officiating on Saturday it could be a long afternoon.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Augie feels that Berger is the best RB in the BNU. I'm sure he and Marangi will be ready. 

in recent seasons Marangi's pass defenses were frequently a weak link.  DPB's touted OL has been pedestrian so far.  IMO, Bosco does not win on the run alone.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

If DBP can pound it on the ground and keep SJR Os off the field, they can certainly win by shortening the game. I've been touting DBPs senior-laden OL for months. I still feel its far superior to the SJR DL. Saturday will prove if I'm right or wrong.  

Didn't Bosco's last coach pound it on the ground and get called archaic? Now the new coach does the same and it is a breath of fresh air for a very pedestrian 2-3 team? Funny how perception and reality are viewed.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

He did. With an inexperienced, soph QB, Teel must make concessions and play conservative until the time is right. Let's not forget who enabled and birthered the McCoy xfer fiasco by not exercising the proper patience. 

Well now if we are getting into past highs and lows then I'll ask you where were you when the archaic coach posted a record of 115-4 from 2002-2011 and won 8 state titles, 6 in a row, 46 game win streak, 2 MNC'c etc, etc......................See winning cures all ills. Everyone is on your side. Lose and the know it alls all emerge from the stands. 

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Oh, how I too miss those games vs Montclair, Clifton, Ridgewood, Passaic Tech, Eastside, Passaic, Barringer, Paramus, Hackensack, Teaneck, Kennedy, etc. From 2012-2016, when the going got tough, we saw what happened. #19losses #13xfers #InHeuserWeTrust

Again for all the supposed knowledge you have of the game you know Bosco was forced to play those teams. Somehow you always seem to forget that very important fact. Bosco started the OOS schedule for this exact reason and NJ only gave them 2, then 3 then finally 4 OOS games. 

You have made every possible excuse so far for Teel. Let's just see where the season winds up then we'll revisit the arguement.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Oh, how I too miss those games vs Montclair, Clifton, Ridgewood, Passaic Tech, Eastside, Passaic, Barringer, Paramus, Hackensack, Teaneck, Kennedy, etc. From 2012-2016, when the going got tough, we saw what happened. #19losses #13xfers #InHeuserWeTrust

Did Bosco stop playing NJ public’s because what happened against Montclair in Ramsey I believe in 2010.. sad

• Haha 1

I think everyone is underselling how important Tommy Devito was in the last two victories vs SJR. No TD, no win here, IMO. A SJR victory is coming on their home field. SJR by at least 10. 

SJR didn't stop BC last week but BC didn't stop SJR at all either. Only punts came after a 40 yd pass was dropped and a 13 yd pass was completed and receiver ran sideways and just short of first down. SJR offense is clicking and should continue. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigNorthU2 said:

I think everyone is underselling how important Tommy Devito was in the last two victories vs SJR. No TD, no win here, IMO. A SJR victory is coming on their home field. SJR by at least 10. 

SJR didn't stop BC last week but BC didn't stop SJR at all either. Only punts came after a 40 yd pass was dropped and a 13 yd pass was completed and receiver ran sideways and just short of first down. SJR offense is clicking and should continue. 

BC won by 11. So they had to stop them at least a couple of times. I know of SJR punting at least once and the punt was ugly