Is there anybody in MIZZOU worth spit?...

ORabidOne

1 hour ago, ORabidOne said:

Rumor has it that Colquitt will be playing a team from the SHOW ME STATE! SOOOOOOOOO, I guess that we WILL!:)

59847c7260551_VentCC.thumb.jpg.6086c905b

Games I'd like to see in 2018

Uncle BS replied to TheMaximumHornetSting's topic in Varsity Forum

Colquitt's schedule is all set for next year except for game 3. The Packers will play host to a team out of Missouri next year in game 2 and will travel to...

7 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Missouri couldn't take the 100 best players from the entire state and field a team capable of beating Copquitt. 

You would think that...

I'd gladly take a few of those St. Louis and Kansas City players...

Just because the teams aren't as good as in the past (Looking at you Rockhurst) doesn't mean the state doesn't have players...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

You would think that...

I'd gladly take a few of those St. Louis and Kansas City players...

Just because the teams aren't as good as in the past (Looking at you Rockhurst) doesn't mean the state doesn't have players...

Blue Springs, Blue Springs South, Christian Brothers, Hazelwood East, Jeff City, Rockhurst etc...etc...etc...

B|

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Rockhurst is 5-3 this year. They have a kid 6-6 300 5* OL

Rockurst is having a down year by the standards they've set for themselves...Hasn't always been like this year! Missouri's problem is a lack of Quality Coaches/Coaching!!!

They let a pretty good one get away in 2000...Bob Beatty at Louisville Trinity coached his first three years as a Head Coach at Blue Springs South...Look at where those two programs are today!!!

B|

• Like 1

1 minute ago, American Male said:

Rockurst is having a down year by the standards they've set for themselves...Hasn't always been like this year! Missouri's problem is a lack of Quality Coaches/Coaching!!!

They let a pretty good one get away in 2000...Bob Beatty at Louisville Trinity coached his first three years as a Head Coach at Blue Springs South...Look at where those two programs are today!!!

B|

I agree. 

9 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I agree. But coaching at a public school and a private school are completely different animals. 

There are a lot of good public schools with Quality Coaches...Cincinnati Colrain, and Louisville Male come to mind...Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, South Carolina and Texas also come to mind!!!

B|

6 minutes ago, American Male said:

There are a lot of good public schools with Quality Coaches...Cincinnati Colrain, and Louisville Male come to mind...Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, South Carolina and Texas also come to mind!!!

B|

I was speaking about going from Blue Springs South to Trinity. When your at the privates you can get the kids you want at Trinity. Not so much at Blue Springs

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Missouri couldn't take the 100 best players from the entire state and field a team capable of beating Copquitt. 

They had better be thankful that we don't use creative playa acquisitions! Like they do at da Bishop, STA, AHP, Bishop Sullivan, De Matha, the BNU, DLS, St. J. B., Katy, Allen, Booker T., Miami CENTRAL, and Mater Dei!

8 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

I was speaking about going from Blue Springs South to Trinity. When your at the privates you can get the kids you want at Trinity. Not so much at Blue Springs

It's my not so humble opine, that the coaching at the privates throughout the country is subpar, compared to the big time public school programs in the South! They rely heavily on trying to out talent their opposition! This dude at Bishop Sullivan for instance, was supposed to be one of the best coaches in all of Virginnie! And quite frankly, he couldn't coach the Colquitt sixth grade squad! Because Colquitt's feeder system is TOP TIER from A-Z! On paper, Colquitt couldn't beat ANY quality program talent wise! But they don't play football on paper! Each and every season, the Colquitt County Packers have as good of a coaching staff, as ANYBODY at that level!

8 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Its all good. Yes you can find good public school coaching around the country. 

I get the impression that you don't REALLY think that quality public school coaching, could measure up to the ALL MIGHTY privates? I doubt if there is a private school assistant in the country, who could work at Colquitt County! 

Just fer shits and giggles though! Former Rush ProPst assistants are Kevin Sherrer(LBers Coach at UGA, Jeremy Rowell, assistant at Georgia Southern, and Jeremy Pruitt, DC at University of Alabama)

58 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

I get the impression that you don't REALLY think that quality public school coaching, could measure up to the ALL MIGHTY privates? I doubt if there is a private school assistant in the country, who could work at Colquitt County! 

Just fer shits and giggles though! Former Rush ProPst assistants are Kevin Sherrer(LBers Coach at UGA, Jeremy Rowell, assistant at Georgia Southern, and Jeremy Pruitt, DC at University of Alabama)

There are publics that can beat the privates. Weve seen it done several times

• Like 1