Lakeland vs Miami Central in Miami.

RedZone

3 minutes ago, PCGridiron said:

I got "receipts" to everything I say and could easily out the former Aquinas coaches that revealed the info. Very easily 👈

Then what are you waiting for?

It's interesting how every behind the scenes anecdote is always super flattering to Lakeland and contradicts all the publicly known information that we have.

Super interesting!

14 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

You do realize that there's more than one stadium in Dade County, right? Because it doesn't seem like you do.

What is the most likely stadium in Dade to host a big game? Lakeland and STA, against any of the major powers, would be at Traz Powell. And if the matter is distance, the difference at another venue would be negligible. 

Laughing must be your coping method.

This is a perfect example of how brazenly dishonest you are. A 15-0 and #4 nationally ranked Lakeland team is unassailable and nobody can ever question that they're potentially one of the best teams in the country. But a 15-0 #4 Northwestern team is laughable as an all-time team because one time they only won by 1-point against their biggest rival.

Compare this to the *5 one-score* miracle wins that 2006 Lakeland had and was named *national champion* that season.

Think nothing of it! Jackson was poorly coached (even though you can't even name the coach)!

Screenshot2024-01-26062243.png.110078c196f14b866365d5b2551d8450.png

I don't recall mentioning 2006 Lakeland.

Being national top 5 in 1998 was nothing like being top 5 25 years later. 

V

11 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

It's rather pathetic that a thread about Lakeland vs. Central is hijacked and made about STA.

And this is done frequently. And not by me.

The thread about Lakeland-Central 2024 was hijacked to debate the merits of Lakeland's schedule from 1976-2022. Not by me. That's a very broad conversation that has to include other schools as a point of comparison and for context.

But I mentioned 1998 Northwestern as a team to play and you mocked them as if they were unworthy. Have you seen the complete trash schedule that Lakeland team played? An embarrassment and a disgrace. Has it ever occurred to you that Lakeland had a bunch of undefeated regular seasons and rarely had 1-point wins, not because they were so amazing but, because they didn't actually play anybody, ever?

Screenshot2024-01-26062951.png.15c1ff23ae1e0f34d4eaffdf557269f3.png

A .610 opponents winning percentage having played 4 rounds deep is historically abysmal.

That looks nothing like a trash schedule. 

More importantly, I must find where this data comes from. I have the old Lakeland results, but not for other teams. Assuming it's a web page and not your personal data...

12 hours ago, 181pl said:

instead of all of this conjecture, why don’t we just have Lakeland and STA play a Home and Home? Certainly these two programs could easily pull that off.

If/when they can't meet in the playoffs, I'm for it. But, when they can play for all the marbles, it should be left for that. I wouldn't even want a spring game against someone we may meet in December. Lakeland played Venice in spring of 2022 and it definitely helped Venice bait Lakeland into a key mistake early in the state title game that year...

12 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

No, definitely don't buy that either. I was there. Why would I need to take the word of obviously insecure Twitter hacks?

Your ability to peddle bullshit is unparalleled. And that's saying something given the rogue band of degenerates that this board attracts.

I don't think it's particularly controversial to say Aquinas revamped some aspects of the program after some of the Lakeland losses.  Whether or not PCgridiron's description of the matters is accurate is another question.

You mentioned that Aquinas had to play 1.5 quarters of the 1997 game without their starting QB, but, unsurprisingly, failed to mention Lakeland played all *4* quarters without its starting QB. Nor did you mention the fact that a referee was your 12th man on a certain TD in the second half. Nonetheless, it was a great game seen here

Fanboy Canes feeling the love on this one…

Needs to be a 16 team open division just for playoffs. schedule whomever you want in the regular season. You will qualify for the playoffs.  A meritocracy where teams can move up or down every 2 year cycle. And then 4 very large classes. 

Aquinas

Central

Lakeland

Columbus

American Heritage

Chaminade 

IMG

Jesuit

Gibbons

Berkeley

Bolles

TCA

Venice

CA International 

Cocoa

CCC 

13 hours ago, badrouter said:

What is the most likely stadium in Dade to host a big game? Lakeland and STA, against any of the major powers, would be at Traz Powell. And if the matter is distance, the difference at another venue would be negligible. 

STA vs. Columbus would almost certainly be at Tropical Park (it was at Hard Rock in 2012).

Northwestern in 2013 was at Hard Rock.

Edison in 2004 was at FIU-North.

Homestead would be at Harris Field.

BTW's designated home is Curtis Park but you're correct that any game would probably be at Traz (as it was in 2002 and 2016).

The thread about Lakeland-Central 2024 was hijacked to debate the merits of Lakeland's schedule from 1976-2022. Not by me. That's a very broad conversation that has to include other schools as a point of comparison and for context.

No, it was hijacked by you to divert attention to how many games STA had played at Traz so could make some strenuous argument that one's resume was just as good as the other.

That looks nothing like a trash schedule. 

More importantly, I must find where this data comes from. I have the old Lakeland results, but not for other teams. Assuming it's a web page and not your personal data...

It's the opponents record minus the results against that team (so if Lakeland won then one is subtracted from the L column and so on).

11 hours ago, badrouter said:

I don't think it's particularly controversial to say Aquinas revamped some aspects of the program after some of the Lakeland losses.

For sure. I've said as much.

But that's not what PCGridiron is saying. He's attempting to paint it the most positive light for Lakeland and the most negative light for STA. Par for the course for the Dreadnaught contingent on this forum.

11 hours ago, badrouter said:

You mentioned that Aquinas had to play 1.5 quarters of the 1997 game without their starting QB, but, unsurprisingly, failed to mention Lakeland played all *4* quarters without its starting QB. Nor did you mention the fact that a referee was your 12th man on a certain TD in the second half. Nonetheless, it was a great game seen here

No, I said that STA played with a defensive back at QB. Which would've been the *3rd* string quarterback.

The point is not to rate which teams' victimhood is greater. It's to point out that there was nothing unbeatable about those teams to the point where Carol City or Northwestern wouldn't have been worthy.

10 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

No, I said that STA played with a defensive back at QB. Which would've been the *3rd* string quarterback.

The point is not to rate which teams' victimhood is greater. It's to point out that there was nothing unbeatable about those teams to the point where Carol City or Northwestern wouldn't have been worthy.

Pure conjecture lad.

52 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

STA vs. Columbus would almost certainly be at Tropical Park (it was at Hard Rock in 2012).

Northwestern in 2013 was at Hard Rock.

Edison in 2004 was at FIU-North.

Homestead would be at Harris Field.

BTW's designated home is Curtis Park but you're correct that any game would probably be at Traz (as it was in 2002 and 2016).

Hard Rock and FIU are college/pro stadiums. We should be able to agree that Traz Powell is the much more difficult venue for a non-Dade team to win in. If you poll every Rocket coach and player as to where they'd want to play a non-Dade team, I'd wager not one would vote for HR or FIU. TP is a true high school venue, which will be packed for huge games, and the players play a half-dozen or more games there each year. I'm not as familiar with Tropical park, but am fairly certain its never been referred to as "The Mecca".

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

No, it was hijacked by you to divert attention to how many games STA had played at Traz so could make some strenuous argument that one's resume was just as good as the other.

steeler lit the match in the second post (and then dashed!)

55 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

For sure. I've said as much.

But that's not what PCGridiron is saying. He's attempting to paint it the most positive light for Lakeland and the most negative light for STA. Par for the course for the Dreadnaught contingent on this forum.

All of my posts are 100% objective and factual. 😁

54 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Well, yes. That is my point about teams in that era. A bracket with Northwestern, Columbus and Carol City where Dunedin wins it in consecutive years is a bracket from a very different time. Little changed from the 1980s into the 90s. Lakeland, STA and Northwestern had some epic teams in the late 2000s; Lebron James, Chris Bosh and Dewayne Wayde joined forces to form a superstar team in Miami in 2010; John Calipari started doing the same at Kentucky, and the era of super teams was here. (Truthfully, none of those high school football teams above were nearly as loaded as the top teams are today. True super teams started emerging post-2010, likely trying to copy LeBron et al)