Lakeland vs Miami Central in Miami.

RedZone

7 hours ago, badrouter said:

I can't stop laughing. You said Northwestern was an "all-time team", and I showed they needed a miracle from a terribly coached Jackson team to win by a point at the buzzer.

Laughing must be your coping method.

This is a perfect example of how brazenly dishonest you are. A 15-0 and #4 nationally ranked Lakeland team is unassailable and nobody can ever question that they're potentially one of the best teams in the country. But a 15-0 #4 Northwestern team is laughable as an all-time team because one time they only won by 1-point against their biggest rival.

Compare this to the *5 one-score* miracle wins that 2006 Lakeland had and was named *national champion* that season.

Think nothing of it! Jackson was poorly coached (even though you can't even name the coach)!

Screenshot2024-01-26062243.png.110078c196f14b866365d5b2551d8450.png

7 hours ago, badrouter said:

i made no mention of 1998 Lakeland.

But I mentioned 1998 Northwestern as a team to play and you mocked them as if they were unworthy. Have you seen the complete trash schedule that Lakeland team played? An embarrassment and a disgrace. Has it ever occurred to you that Lakeland had a bunch of undefeated regular seasons and rarely had 1-point wins, not because they were so amazing but, because they didn't actually play anybody, ever?

Screenshot2024-01-26062951.png.15c1ff23ae1e0f34d4eaffdf557269f3.png

A .610 opponents winning percentage having played 4 rounds deep is historically abysmal.

6 hours ago, badrouter said:

And Venice is 5th. So, we can take calpreps with a grain of salt.

No, Lakeland can still be a better program over that span (debatable) but just have far worst metrics.

It's so obviously true that you are struggling to defend it when a normal person would just admit it.

9 hours ago, badrouter said:

And Venice is 5th. So, we can take calpreps with a grain of salt.

We can take CalPreps for what it is… an algorithm that favors risk/reward, the way it should be.  

Venice played 52% more top 1000 opponents than Lakeland during this 5 year period.  

Their top 1000 W-L pct (like Lakeland) is not impressive, but they’ve also been tested more.  

Want to impress CalPreps?  Schedule MC.  😊

1 hour ago, 181pl said:

instead of all of this conjecture, why don’t we just have Lakeland and STA play a Home and Home? Certainly these two programs could easily pull that off.

It's rather pathetic that a thread about Lakeland vs. Central is hijacked and made about STA.

And this is done frequently. And not by me.

1 minute ago, Atticus Finch said:

It's rather pathetic that a thread about Lakeland vs. Central is hijacked and made about STA.

And this is done frequently. And not by me.

Still, not blaming this on either team, but these programs should play a home and home once in a while. High profile, successful, well-healed…

17 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Still, not blaming this on either team, but these programs should play a home and home once in a while. High profile, successful, well-healed…

They're in the same classification, dumbass.

The last time they weren't (2022-23), Bill Castle was in charge of scheduling at the beginning of the cycle.

We're in the middle of a thread that explains how Bill Castle purposefully avoided playing tough games, especially away from home.

Pay attention for once in your life.

9 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

They're in the same classification, dumbass.

The last time they weren't (2022-23), Bill Castle was in charge of scheduling at the beginning of the cycle.

We're in the middle of a thread that explains how Bill Castle purposefully avoided playing tough games, especially at home.

Idiot, why does that matter. Words of a scared fanboy… Pathetic.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

MC wouldn't play Castle in 2022 but of course your golden choir boys would have.

Be a man for once in your life.👈

5 minutes ago, 181pl said:

We are the same size so we can’t play in the regular season? That’s your logic? Again, scared.

We are in the same class and could potentially play again in the playoffs. You don't give a playoff opponent a live look at you in an otherwise meaningless game.

It's a chef's kiss that you have never heard of this basic concept in scheduling before.

Totally clueless hack.

3 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

We are in the same class and could potentially play again in the playoffs. You don't give a playoff opponent a live look at you in an otherwise meaningless game.

It's a chef's kiss that you have never heard of this basic concept in scheduling before.

Totally clueless hack.

scared

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

Nobody buys a word that you say.

One of the golden boys former coaches is very good friends with some Lakeland coaches.

He told them how George Smith went crying to the admin after the Naughts 3-peat saying he can't beat them unless they could bring in kids not of the diocese usual "culture/race/socioeconomics".

I bet you buy that either waterboy 😏

13 minutes ago, PCGridiron said:

I bet you buy that either waterboy 😏

No, definitely don't buy that either. I was there. Why would I need to take the word of obviously insecure Twitter hacks?

Your ability to peddle bullshit is unparalleled. And that's saying something given the rogue band of degenerates that this board attracts.

17 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Back when both were contenders in the same class and in districts Plant and Armwood played every year in the regular season.  I know the county made the schedules but its still no excuse not to play…

That only happened in one cycle (2007-08). Otherwise, they were never in the same class when they played in the regular season.

And they were county "rivals" at that point.

So none of these things apply to STA/Lakeland.

Again, why are we talking about this in this thread? Go spam the board with another one of your pointless threads if this is what you're interested in.