Lakeland vs Miami Central in Miami.

RedZone

2 hours ago, steeler01 said:

Now that Castle is gone,  they travel......

Under Castle they traveled to Cincinnati to play the defending Ohio state champions; they traveled to northern West Virginia to play Pittsburgh Central Catholic, who was defending PA state champs; and they traveled to the San Francisco Bay Area to play De La Salle, which won the CA Open division state championship. (Lakeland won all of those games.)

Word is the current head coach, Marvin Frazier, has a rapport and maybe friendship with Central's head coach, Martin Luther Jube. Rumor is Central called Lakeland for help ahead of their rematch with Norland for tips, given that Lakeland severely wounded Norland through the air. I'm sure that helped get the game scheduled.

57 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Under Castle they traveled to Cincinnati to play the defending Ohio state champions; they traveled to northern West Virginia to play Pittsburgh Central Catholic, who was defending PA state champs; and they traveled to the San Francisco Bay Area to play De La Salle, which won the CA Open division state championship. (Lakeland won all of those games.)

Word is the current head coach, Marvin Frazier, has a rapport and maybe friendship with Central's head coach, Martin Luther Jube. Rumor is Central called Lakeland for help ahead of their rematch with Norland for tips, given that Lakeland severely wounded Norland through the air. I'm sure that helped get the game scheduled.

We all know about where they traveled to,  but for a program of their prestige in Florida, they should've traveled to South Florida to play top teams on two year contracts. 

57 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

We all know about where they traveled to,  but for a program of their prestige in Florida, they should've traveled to South Florida to play top teams on two year contracts. 

Pre-2006, when Lakeland first played OOS, Dade super teams weren't really a thing. Northwestern was the first of that ilk in 2006-07. (Yes, Dade has had great players and great teams before 2006, but they weren't anything like they've been in the last ~15 years)). Lakeland had those big road trips in 2006, 2008 and 2009. After the 2010 season, Lakeland was busted for recruiting, while recruiting was going on largely unenforced in Dade. So, Lakeland was not of elite status for a few years while Dade/Broward and the privates were still stockpiling players. Such a trip didn't make sense then. Ahead of the 2017 season, "open enrollment" became a reality and Lakeland has been stockpiling talent since then. So, criticism of the schedule (which IMO has been overboard) should be confined to 2017-2022. They sought and played good teams within a couple of hours of campus, which limited the quality of teams they'd play. But 2023 onto the foreseeable future appears to be a new era. It is unfortunate that the 2018 and 2022 teams didn't face elite Dade teams... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, steeler01 said:

^^^See the above post.  There's a reason Coach Castle didn't venture to S. Florida and it had nothing to do with the caliber of teams but more so about the $$$ the program stood to lose if something popped off. 

• Like 1

Travel this and travel that with this coach or that coach > to my knowledge Lakeland has never played Miami Central. That's a good thing.

Should be more of these type games and less concern about OOS games.

There are still teams in Texas and Louisiana who have never played each other and very soon it will be the year 2050.

Anyways, I thought it was interesting.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RedZone said:

Travel this and travel that with this coach or that coach > to my knowledge Lakeland has never played Miami Central. That's a good thing.

Should be more of these type games and less concern about OOS games.

There are still teams in Texas and Louisiana who have never played each other and very soon it will be the year 2050.

Anyways, I thought it was interesting.

As most of us know, the focus on OOS ganes is coming from loudmouths who want to be a part of the action. The coaches from these schools have enough of a rapport that they don't need any wannabe intermediaries "helping". Hence, you see no commentary or even acknowledgement of the match up from people like that.

5 hours ago, Mr.miami305 said:

I remember Lakeland played my high school ( Hialeah Miami Lakes)  my 8th grade and freshman year I think. I believe it was 01 and 02 season. Put they didn't travel we had to go them

Long time, no post!  😊

Hope you’re doing well. 

Looking fwd to this game and it’s not like STA and MC are throwing down annually.  That’s on STA.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Long time, no post!  😊

Hope you’re doing well. 

Looking fwd to this game and it’s not like STA and MC are throwing down annually.  That’s on STA.  

Has STA ever played at Traz Powelll? Maybe Edison in 2003?

On 1/22/2024 at 8:01 PM, badrouter said:

Top level propagandist this badrouter.

Lakeland plays some of the most purposefully atrocious schedules for nearly 95% of his tenure but badrouter manages to mention the 5% of the time where Bill Castle traveled for a big game.

Chef's kiss.

• Haha 1

On 1/22/2024 at 8:01 PM, badrouter said:

Rumor is Central called Lakeland for help ahead of their rematch with Norland for tips, given that Lakeland severely wounded Norland through the air. I'm sure that helped get the game scheduled.

A rumor no doubt circulated in the badrouter/PCGridiron group chat.

• Haha 2

On 1/22/2024 at 10:08 PM, badrouter said:

Pre-2006, when Lakeland first played OOS, Dade super teams weren't really a thing. 

Dade had all-time teams in 1993 (Southridge), 1996-97 (Carol City) and 1998 (Northwestern) long before that time.

But let's be honest here: Lakeland didn't play them because of lack of "super" teams. We know that because at that time Lakeland did play *other* Dade County teams.

Here is a comprehensive list of the South Florida teams Lakeland played, all at home, during the last 30 years:

On 6/15/2019 at 3:17 PM, The Guru said:

This is who Lakeland has bused in from Dade/Broward (and records where I have them):

1992: Cooper City (5-5)

1999: Homestead

2000: Homestead

2001: Hialeah-Miami Lakes

2002: Hialeah-Miami Lakes

2003: Miami (0-10)

2004: Miami (5-4)

2005: Norland (5-3), Dr. Krop (1-7)

2006: Norland (3-6)

2007: South Dade (8-5), Boyd Anderson (9-2), Killian (4-5)

2008: South Dade (3-7), Boyd Anderson (7-5), Killian (10-3)

2009: Plantation (8-4), Flanagan (5-5)

2010: Plantation (5-5), Flanagan (7-3)

2011: Flanagan (6-5), Hialeah (4-7)

2012: Flanagan (6-5), Hialeah (5-4)

2013: North Miami Beach (4-6), Fort Lauderdale (5-5)

2014: North Miami Beach (4-7), Fort Lauderdale (3-7)

2015: Carol City (9-3), Fort Lauderdale (4-6), Ely (2-9)

2016: Carol City (11-3), Fort Lauderdale (4-5), Ely (3-6)

2017: South Broward (4-5), Cooper City (4-6)

2018: South Broward (3-8), Cooper City (3-7)

Lakeland purposefully played bad teams. The correct answer to the question of why didn't Lakeland play games like this in the past is easy: They didn't want to.

On 1/22/2024 at 10:08 PM, badrouter said:

They sought and played good teams within a couple of hours of campus, which limited the quality of teams they'd play.

They sought and played bad teams from 3+ hours away frequently. It was an explicit scheduling strategy.

What makes your routine here so funny is that this is all open record. It's not hard to find out this stuff. It's there for all to see.

And they scheduled Carol City when CC was coming off a 4-6 season. 

So Lakeland was licking their chops at playing another bad Dade team. Little did they know CC was loading up and coming to get paid to put 2 ass beatings on them, and that’s exactly what happened 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

And they scheduled Carol City when CC was coming off a 4-6 season. 

So Lakeland was licking their chops at playing another bad Dade team. Little did they know CC was loading up and coming to get paid to put 2 ass beatings on them, and that’s exactly what happened 

Yes, I've said it before: if Lakeland played a good South Florida team in the regular season, it was by accident.

• Like 1

It’s worth noting that when Lakeland was traveling out of state, like they were, the only Dade teams that may have had a chance against them would’ve been northwestern and Booker T.. Miami Central was a couple years away from fully arriving.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

😄

Joseph Goebbels - IMDb

Joseph Goebbels would blush at this propagandistic display.

curious from your perspective as STA’s number one propagandist. Has STA lost a game in the last 30 years where they were simply out played and beaten by a better team or did they lose because of unforeseen or unfair factors?