The Stock Market Is Soaring, Thanks To donald!!!

RedZone

The Biden market has been extremely weak over the past 3 years.  A great quarter does not make a great market.  I have a blended 401K portfolio, 70% stocks, 30% bonds or other similar investments.  Mainly in standard mutual funds.  Similar to what a lot of people have.  Annual return is 3.5% or so over the 3 years.  Not great at all, and with the Biden inflation - I may have lost 10-12% percent in real value over the time.

39 minutes ago, Bormio said:

The Biden market has been extremely weak over the past 3 years.  A great quarter does not make a great market.  I have a blended 401K portfolio, 70% stocks, 30% bonds or other similar investments.  Mainly in standard mutual funds.  Similar to what a lot of people have.  Annual return is 3.5% or so over the 3 years.  Not great at all, and with the Biden inflation - I may have lost 10-12% percent in real value over the time.

PEBKAC

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bormio said:

I know, it's terrible 

It's so weak the donald wants credit for it, go figure...

You maga morons are amazing and consistent!

15 hours ago, Bormio said:

Historical 60/40 or similar with your mention hasn’t fared well, mainly because of wacked out inverted yield curves.  

I’ll share 2 very common ETF’s  showing 3 yr avg ending Dec 31. 

I’ll let you dissect how these figures calculate to your performance, but my guess is you likely had more bond % holdings during your last 3 years than listed and very likely not the ideal duration style. 

Did you buy and hold?

Did you adjust your bond portfolio at all during the last 3 years?  

I follow the market very closely and I’m not going to volunteer what should be the safety portion of my portfolio to a 60/40 or even a 70/30 split.  

The 10 pct annually is VOO 

(S&P 500) 

The -3 pct and change is FBND

(Total bond index) 

Both have small expense fees.  

My Morningstar bond index barometer gauge is one aggregate, with a loss similar to the etf FBND.  

It made no sense to hold longer duration bonds for a large majority of this 3 year period.  
0.31% gain I posted in my bond portfolio, as shown in chart.  

The “what most people have” mindset isn’t good.   CNBC, Bloomberg and a lot of reading will give you a good base for bond duration risk and wheelhouse.  

IMG_8420.jpeg

IMG_8421.jpeg

IMG_8424.jpeg

IMG_8422.jpeg

IMG_8423.jpeg

27 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Historical 60/40 or similar with your mention hasn’t fared well, mainly because of wacked out inverted yield curves.  

I’ll share 2 very common ETF’s  showing 3 yr avg ending Dec 31. 

I’ll let you dissect how these figures calculate to your performance, but my guess is you likely had more bond % holdings during your last 3 years than listed and very likely not the ideal duration style. 

Did you buy and hold?

Did you adjust your bond portfolio at all during the last 3 years?  

I follow the market very closely and I’m not going to volunteer what should be the safety portion of my portfolio to a 60/40 or even a 70/30 split.  

The 10 pct annually is VOO 

(S&P 500) 

The -3 pct and change is FBND

(Total bond index) 

Both have small expense fees.  

My Morningstar bond index barometer gauge is one aggregate, with a loss similar to the etf FBND.  

It made no sense to hold longer duration bonds for a large majority of this 3 year period.  
0.31% gain I posted in my bond portfolio, as shown in chart.  

The “what most people have” mindset isn’t good.   CNBC, Bloomberg and a lot of reading will give you a good base for bond duration risk and wheelhouse.  

IMG_8420.jpeg

IMG_8421.jpeg

IMG_8424.jpeg

IMG_8422.jpeg

IMG_8423.jpeg

I have stock and bond funds - one of the latter is a TIPS fund.  About 1/3 of my holdings are in a Vanguard S&P fund.  The bonds have not been awful.  The dog is a Euro Pacific fund that made money a good long while, but is shit the last 3 years.  But it will have its day again.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Bormio said:

I have stock and bond funds - one of the latter is a TIPS fund.  About 1/3 of my holdings are in a Vanguard S&P fund.  The bonds have not been awful.  The dog is a Euro Pacific fund that made money a good long while, but is shit the last 3 years.  But it will have its day again.

Solid core holding 1/3 S&P500 esp in recent years.  

I should have had more myself.  

The weak link in my bond holdings has been STIP.

The ultrashort etf bond fund type that I highlighted in another thread title, smoked it.  ICSH

High Yield bond funds I’d have a look and review.   They’ve been performing very well recently and still hanging on.  

One I have is PHYSX, as example.  

I only do etf/MF for bonds.  Similar to options, I know my lane and it’s not there.  😊

16 hours ago, Bormio said:

That is what a quack would say.  Coincidence?  I don't think so.  

Anyway, right on brand for you to blame Biden for inflation while Republicans voted against the...yep, the Inflation Reduction Act.  Every single Republican.  The disconnect between what you complain about and who you want to blame and how you vote is strange.  You all never ever ever ever make that connection.  Gas prices too high?  Complain and bitch and then go vote against the Oil and Gas price gouging bill.  It is all you guys do.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Stocks (various) - 62%
Prec met (various) G/S - 11%
Bonds (various) -13%
Money Market/Cash - 5%
Crypto - 5%
Uranium focus - 4%

End of Jan mix, with focus to raise bonds % up and reduce stocks, preferably after gains on some megatechs earnings later this week.  

P-Metals are very volatile and painful at times.  But I’m hanging in there for now with a higher %. 

1 hour ago, World Citizen said:

That is what a quack would say.  Coincidence?  I don't think so.  

Anyway, right on brand for you to blame Biden for inflation while Republicans voted against the...yep, the Inflation Reduction Act.  Every single Republican.  The disconnect between what you complain about and who you want to blame and how you vote is strange.  You all never ever ever ever make that connection.  Gas prices too high?  Complain and bitch and then go vote against the Oil and Gas price gouging bill.  It is all you guys do.  

Hear Hear!