Harvard sinking

9 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

We won't hold out breath waiting for a concha screed against the grotesque education systems in places like Mississippi or Arkansas because they'll never come.

Well, we certainly won't hold our collective breath waiting for Andy to criticize the educational systems in our inner cities that are run soup-to-nuts by liberal Democrat pols and unions., and have been for generations.

We also won't wait for him to admit that the worst school results in places like Mississippi and Arkansas are overwhelmingly in Dem-run areas. Which is also where the high murder rates in such states are driven. For generations.

5 minutes ago, concha said:

So, Andy is trying to convince us that Oregon's Assessment of Essential Skills is all about college and career. It is not. That is the "OR" part.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything. That would be a waste of time.  

I think the people of Oregon are trying to explain what proficient means.

You are certainly ideologically fixated on one of the two possible uses of the word "or."

4 minutes ago, concha said:

Andy is now flailing around making up some dumbass straw man about me claiming that standardized testing causes proficiency.

I said that nowhere.

You insinuated it.

Like, if you don't require passing said test to get a diploma then ergo students with a diploma won't be proficient at said test.

But that's not true in any way. As the results show.

20 minutes ago, concha said:

Well, we certainly won't hold our collective breath waiting for Andy to criticize the educational systems in our inner cities that are run soup-to-nuts by liberal Democrat pols and unions., and have been for generations.

I'm totally willing or have already done so.

But this is the dodge I was expecting and a tacit admission of the truth of my statement.

Thank you.

5 minutes ago, concha said:

We also won't wait for him to admit that the worst school results in places like Mississippi and Arkansas are overwhelmingly in Dem-run areas. Which is also where the high murder rates in such states are driven. For generations.

It's both funny and said how concha is unable to evolve at all.

He's stuck in this same tired and discredited argument about the political party of local leaders determining outcomes.

Again, I'm willing or have already done so. Just waiting for you to reciprocate and admit that the states with the highest educational achievements are all *also* highly Democratic states.

I guess that means something?

6 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

You insinuated it.

Like, if you don't require passing said test to get a diploma then ergo students with a diploma won't be proficient at said test.

But that's not true in any way. As the results show.

The test results show that a large minority of students are not proficient.

Class of 2022:

Only 43 percent of students in that year’s graduating class were proficient in English, and less than 31 percent were proficient in math.

What about that confuses you?

8 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

I'm totally willing or have already done so.

But this is the dodge I was expecting and a tacic admission of the truth of my statement.

Thank you.

Dodge?

🤡 🤣

We're discussing Oregon and their abandonment of an essential skills test to get a diploma and that state somehow having an 80%ish graduation rate when some 60% to 70% of students are deemed not proficient in either math or language skills.

You bring up Mississippi and Arkansas.

"Dodge"

🤡

1 minute ago, concha said:

We're discussing Oregon and their abandonment of an essential skills test to get a diploma and that state somehow having an 80%ish graduation rate when some 60% to 70% of students are deemed not proficient in either math or language skills.

And I addressed all of that.

1 minute ago, Atticus Finch said:

Which was the same before, during and after the time that said test was a requirement for graduation.

Again, dumbass, the fundamental question is why the hell diplomas are being handed out when kids can't demonstrate essential skills.

They are processing kids through a system, instead of ensuring they can read and write ad do math to minimum standards.

You are happy with that, it appears.

People shocked that you argue for the system over the kids:  ZERO.

Just now, concha said:

Again, dumbass, the fundamental question is why the hell diplomas are being handed out when kids can't demonstrate essential skills.

Because a high school diploma isn't only for students who are college and career ready.

Go back and read it.

You totally missed the commas and what "or" meant.

1 minute ago, concha said:

They are processing kids through a system, instead of ensuring they can read and write ad do math to minimum standards.

And they have higher standards than most other states.

Yet, you choose Oregon.

Why?

Because you don't actually care about the topic. You care about rage-whoring against a liberal state.

Just now, Atticus Finch said:

After I addressed the topic and thoroughly refuted your point.

You did nothing of the sort.

Your time has been spent pointing to scores improving slightly somewhere in the state and dodging the fundamental problem of processing kids through a system rather than ensuring they possess some modicum of mastery of the three Rs.

2 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Because a high school diploma isn't only for students who are college and career ready.

Go back and read it.

You totally missed the commas and what "or" meant.

Literally what I pointed out.

YOU tried to pass it off as a test for college.

"Again, according to this article, the test assesses whether they are on track to be college and career ready which is certainly not just "basic skills."  - Andy the Liar

https://www.oregon.gov/ode/educator-resources/essentialskills/pages/default.aspx

This is from the government of Oregon about the testing.  You will not find the words college, university or career in the text.

9 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

And they have higher standards than most other states.

Yet, you choose Oregon.

Why?

Because you don't actually care about the topic. You care about rage-whoring against a liberal state.

Really?

Or is it just that your inability to defend said state's actions really chafes your ass?

🤣

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

You just made that up. You have no clue that they didn’t get hired based on skin color. DEI was literally created specifically for that reason. It is affirmative action on steroids. 

Who told you that? Serious question. Where did you hear that was the reason for DEI?

28 minutes ago, concha said:

People shocked that you argue for the system over the kids:  ZERO.

What a coincidence — that’s the same number of people who are shocked you’re intentionally being misleading and whining like a bitch about shit that doesn’t exist again.