Hoover BB boys win state.

Grayson boys are heading to state vs McEachern next Saturday.  I went to quarterfinals game and Grayson plays hard.  Jacob Wilkins, Dominique Wilkins' son, plays for Grayson and at 6'9" lives above the rim.  When they give him the high pass and he slams it down, it looks impressive!  Funny thing is he isn't the high scorer for the team.  I think we have a chance this year.  I hope to be there for both the boys and girls.  They play back to back.

8 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Your girls are a lock.

I think the boys are 90% lock.

We beat McEachern to start the season but of course both teams are different now.  It's funny that for all the talk about the S Georgia teams having to come to Atlanta in the football championships, two metro teams are traveling to mid-Georgia for the basketball playoffs.  I realize Macon is probably closer to Atlanta than say Valdosta, Lowndes, and certainly Camden but still.

On 3/4/2024 at 1:14 AM, Fred said:

We beat McEachern to start the season but of course both teams are different now.  It's funny that for all the talk about the S Georgia teams having to come to Atlanta in the football championships, two metro teams are traveling to mid-Georgia for the basketball playoffs.  I realize Macon is probably closer to Atlanta than say Valdosta, Lowndes, and certainly Camden but still.

Playoff basketball is a different animal than those November December games. Bob Jones beat our girls on the road 1st game of the year. But to get to the final 4 we beat them.  

• Like 1

On 3/2/2024 at 8:28 PM, HooverOutlaw said:

Girls and Boys win it back to back. 

Dynasty keeps rolling. 

Great to a Hoover Buc today.

Cookeville just stunned nationally ranked Bartlett in the semi-finals today, 41-39. Bartlett was miles ahead of everyone in Tennessee this year. Huge upset!

• Like 1

On 3/3/2024 at 5:17 PM, MA Fan said:

From Illinois...tough way to lose a big playoff game:

Normal IRONMEN! Never came across another hs nicknamed Ironmen other then DBP. Even the logo is very similar to Bosco’s 😎. Wonder how they got the name?  Back in the 1930’s Bosco played 4 basketball games back to back, winning all of them…thus the birth of the Ironmen!💪

@DBP66

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Lyon County, with enrollment of about 300 students, won Kentucky's single-class tournament today. Their star player Travis Perry who is going to UK next year finished his career with 5,481 points. Averaged 20 points a game on varsity as a seventh-grader.

8 hours ago, MA Fan said:

Lyon County, with enrollment of about 300 students, won Kentucky's single-class tournament today. Their star player Travis Perry who is going to UK next year finished his career with 5,481 points. Averaged 20 points a game on varsity as a seventh-grader.

His HS coach will be better than his college coach.

5 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

His HS coach will be better than his college coach.

I don't care how many times Kentucky flops in the tournament, making UMass into a national power is the greatest coaching accomplishment in the history of sports.