De La Salle football player arrested

Las Vegas_JC

16 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

A bunch of hooplah!

It should be simple and cut and dried.

If a person is too young to understand consent then they are too young to be having sex. The easiest way to avoid being accused of rape is to outright ask. If she says no then game over. If you are "moving toward intercourse" without asking her, then you are setting yourself up for a rape charge. Simple stuff really. 

Our bodies will betray us as hormones take over and lead to the example of the female allowing intercourse but not really mentally wanting to. Guys use this "trick" a lot, to get what they want, whether the female really wants to or not. 

Just ask straight up and avoid the confusion. 

It would certainly be simple and cut and dried that way.

But at least when I was a boy, it would be a huge turnoff to most girls to ask whether it was okay to kiss them before doing so.

And the same would go for sex.

Maybe things are different now, but I doubt it. 

I think that what you're suggesting ignores certain facts about human sexuality. 

13 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

It would certainly be simple and cut and dried that way.

But at least when I was a boy, it would be a huge turnoff to most girls to ask whether it was okay to kiss them before doing so.

And the same would go for sex.

Maybe things are different now, but I doubt it. 

I think that what you're suggesting ignores certain facts about human sexuality. 

Not really a laughing matter but that clip is pretty funny 

6 hours ago, Pops said:

Not really a laughing matter but that clip is pretty funny 

No, it's not a laughing matter at all, but I think that the clip brings to light (in a humorous way) something important that's being lost in all the discussion about consent, namely, how actual human beings behave. 

California (and others) have passed legislation (largely as a misguided -- I say misguided, anyway -- response to the false though often repeated claim that 1 in 4 women are raped while in college) with language that consent has to be *both* "explicit" *and* "on-going" throughout the sexual interaction. Otherwise, an assault has occurred. 

This clip represents what explicit and on-going consent looks like. And it looks ridiculous. 

5 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

No, it's not a laughing matter at all, but I think that the clip brings to light (in a humorous way) something important that's being lost in all the discussion about consent, namely, how actual human beings behave. 

California (and others) have passed legislation (largely as a misguided -- I say misguided, anyway -- response to the false though often repeated claim that 1 in 4 women are raped while in college) with language that consent has to be both "explicit" *and* "on-going" throughout the sexual interaction. Otherwise, an assault has occurred. 

This clip represents what explicit and on-going consent looks like. And it looks ridiculous. 

College and Sex... Oh boy... 

Not to get off topic... you're probably done with college idk... 

But friendly tip for anyone  who is in or getting ready to start... 

If the girl is drunk LEAVE HER ALONE!!!!!!!! I can not stress that enough... 

Because for some reason out here guys like to try and get girls drunk then have sex with them... 

Dont do it... Because that shit will backfire badly... 

And theres also some girls that get drunk and try to come on to the guys again... LEAVE HER ALONE!!!!! Dont do it... 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

California (and others) have passed legislation (largely as a misguided -- I say misguided, anyway -- response to the false though often repeated claim that 1 in 4 women are raped while in college) with language that consent has to be *both* "explicit" *and* "on-going" throughout the sexual interaction. Otherwise, an assault has occurred. 

Thanks for passing along your spin on sex and consent. 

Neither one of the rapes that are referenced in this thread had anything to do with "consent." 

Please read or watch a report on these specific cases so that you will be better informed. 

Hate that it has to happen, but at least the conversation is happening. I'm with the girl's attorney in that action needs to be taken to prevent others from going through this. I'm confident my alma mater will be diligent in this effort. 

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/11/03/culture-of-secrecy-or-societal-problem-questions-swirl-around-de-la-salle-football-in-wake-of-rape-arrests/

P.S. It also has to begin at the home. I would be elated if my boys go to De La Salle, but I will be sure they have the respect for women and will not expect an institution to teach them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Thanks for passing along your spin on sex and consent. 

Neither one of the rapes that are referenced in this thread had anything to do with "consent." 

Please read or watch a report on these specific cases so that you will be better informed. 

Which part is spin?

And any rape has to do with consent, since rape entails that one person has failed to secure the other's consent. That's an essential part of what rape is, right?

I've read every report posted in this thread, and I thought it was pretty clear that I was talking about sexual consent as a general topic, quite apart from the rapes referenced in this thread -- since it's a big topic right now. States have been passing new laws and state funding for universities has been tied to how well university administrations deal with rape and sexual assault cases on their campuses. 

I didn't know that we were only allowed to discuss the specific cases referenced in this thread.

Sorry. 

3 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

Which part is spin?

And any rape has to do with consent, since rape entails that one person has failed to secure the other's consent. That's an essential part of what rape is, right?

Incident 2 which occurred in late September 2017 resulted in the arrest of two boys. One was a football player from Dls the other was a student from a neighboring school. There is no imaginary consent scenario when a crime is committed by two boys against one girl.

So please stop with your BS. 

3 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

I've read every report posted in this thread, and I thought it was pretty clear that I was talking about sexual consent as a general topic, quite apart from the rapes referenced in this thread -- since it's a big topic right now. States have been passing new laws and state funding for universities has been tied to how well university administrations deal with rape and sexual assault cases on their campuses. 

I didn't know that we were only allowed to discuss the specific cases referenced in this thread.

Sorry. 

If you did read the articles cited above you would not bring up the idea of consent in these incidents. Trying to muddle the truth.

The November 2016 incident was even more horrific. 

2 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Incident 2 which occurred in late September 2017 resulted in the arrest of two boys. One was a football player from Dls the other was a student from a neighboring school. There is no imaginary consent scenario when a crime is committed by two boys against one girl.

So please stop with your BS. 

If you mean that the boys actually committed the crime, then what you say follows trivially. So I take it that you don't mean that.

If you mean that it's not possible for two boys to be accused of raping one girl and for the boys to be innocent of any such charges because they did in fact secure the girl's consent, or because they were justified in believing that they had, then what you're saying isn't true.

Did you forget about this high-profile case from just a few months ago?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/rape-charge-against-immigrant-teen-in-maryland-case-will-be-dropped-defense-lawyer-says/2017/05/05/a4806c02-312f-11e7-8674-437ddb6e813e_story.html?utm_term=.6ecbd00c2de8

It involved two boys and one girl. 

The two boys were arrested for raping the girl, but upon further investigation, it appears that the sexual interaction was an instance of "elective promiscuity" on the part of the teens involved and that text messages revealed that the girl "actively planned a sexual encounter" with the boys the night before and that video evidence revealed that she wasn't dragged into the bathroom against her will (like she claimed) but walked into the bathroom with the boys voluntarily. 

Who knows what happened in the bathroom, but I, myself, can at least imagine a consent scenario gone awry. 

44 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

If you did read the articles cited above you would not bring up the idea of consent in these incidents. Trying to muddle the truth.

I don't see why. 

But if we can't agree that the idea of consent is an appropriate topic of discussion in a thread about a rape case, then we should probably just drop it.