GEICO State Champions Bowl Series returns, but in a new locale

Woodchopper

7 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

How does Miami northwestern not even get considered 

And what if Winter Park wins out

They would be 15-0 with wins in playoffs over apopka, wekiva, dr Phillips and Miami high/columbus/western/atlantic

No Winter Park. 

Miami Northwestern has 2 losses. Maybe they sneak into the rankings at the end. Maybe. But if a GA team is higher and AHP doesn't go I assume the higher ranked GA team would go over MNW

30 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

AHP gets first dibs and Armwood 2nd and Archer 3rd 

Assuming Bingham is in,  1 spot  left.   AHP first dibs of course... #4 this week, highest ranking of any series potential participant.  I'd assume at #20 if Archer wins out they will finish higher than Armwood, who is currently not ranked in the 25.  Imo Archer #2, Armwood #3. Now if MNW wins out and AHP doesn't or turns down the invite AND Archer doesn't win out.. MNW I think gets the spot even over an undefeated Venice in 7A if they run out.  If AHP says no thanks or loses, Archer loses and MNW wins and turns down the invite... :)   Edit:  Venice out (loss to IMG)

Who's on first, I don't know, 3rd base!  

2 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Assuming Bingham is in,  1 spot  left.   AHP first dibs of course... #4 this week, highest ranking of any series potential participant.  I'd assume at #20 if Archer wins out they will finish higher than Armwood, who is currently not ranked in the 25.  Imo Archer #2, Armwood #3. Now if MNW wins out and AHP doesn't or turns down the invite AND Archer doesn't win out.. MNW I think gets the spot even over an undefeated Venice in 7A if they run out.  If AHP says no thanks or loses, Archer loses and MNW wins and turns down the invite... :)  

Venice not undefeated 

32 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Assuming Bingham is in,  1 spot  left.   AHP first dibs of course... #4 this week, highest ranking of any series potential participant.  I'd assume at #20 if Archer wins out they will finish higher than Armwood, who is currently not ranked in the 25.  Imo Archer #2, Armwood #3. Now if MNW wins out and AHP doesn't or turns down the invite AND Archer doesn't win out.. MNW I think gets the spot even over an undefeated Venice in 7A if they run out.  If AHP says no thanks or loses, Archer loses and MNW wins and turns down the invite... :)   Edit:  Venice out (loss to IMG)

I think you guys are misunderstanding... 

And also I feel like doubleheader was a error... 

I doubt they have 6 states and 2 games... it'll probably be a tripleheader  more than likely... 

And even if it wasnt Armwood wouldnt be in it... 

Theres 2 GA schools ranked ahead of Armwood... that can win state:

North Gwinnett

Tift County

Theyd get the nod... 

36 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Also I font think you have to be undefeated... Valdosta was 14-1 when they went... 

I think you just have to win state and be the highest ranked state champ... 

Only reason Valdosta went was because Grayson declined and they where the the 2nd highest ranked in national polls... 

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

Neither was Grayson before they shit the bed and robbed 80 players of out of life long experience because of "loyalty" but after the season the rent-a-players left and the coach bolted the state!!! Lol. 

Despite what you say Jeff herron is a damn legend and a damn good coach... 

Idk why he turned down that offer but to disrespect the man because of something that truthfully isnt even that important. Well that makes me question your character... 

• Haha 1

You don't have to be undefeated to attend. Hell Chandler had 2 losses and butt drilled Georgia's 6A State Champion. 

They will take the highest teams in the end. Who knows who USAToday sneaks in at the end. 

Last year AHP couldn't of went even if they were invited and wanted to go because of a conflict on scheduling. So AHP isn't a lock yet. 

Assuming AHP doesn't go for whatever reason, you would have to believe that the 7A champ from GA would go 

3 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

So USA rankings is one that determines who goes? 

The series uses their rankings for reference... not sure about the invite process.   Seems SFA already said yes.  #10 in their poll this week.  

5 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I think you guys are misunderstanding... 

And also I feel like doubleheader was a error... 

I doubt they have 6 states and 2 games... it'll probably be a tripleheader  more than likely... 

And even if it wasnt Armwood wouldnt be in it... 

Theres 2 GA schools ranked ahead of Armwood... that can win state:

North Gwinnett

Tift County

Theyd get the nod... 

Article shared mentioned doubleheader with the starting times and announcing crew.  

4 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Also I font think you have to be undefeated... Valdosta was 14-1 when they went... 

No, not a prerequisite... only winning state is.  My excluding Venice was due to the loss being a reality check that they won't likely be a choice of state winners.  AHP winning out and accepting is about as easy as the last spot can be to be honest.  If the paper made a typo and meant 3 games with 6 states one rep each... that's cool too but I think they have a pool of 6 states to choose 4 state champs.  That's how I read it for now.  

Just now, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Despite what you say Jeff herron is a damn legend and a damn good coach... 

Idk why he turned down that offer but to disrespect the man because of something that truthfully isnt even that important. Well that makes me question your character... 

He didn't even like Grayson and it was a bad fit. I never said anything about his coaching. Calm down. 

He though Atlanta football is a shit show of transfers and didn't want to be apart of the circus. He realized that firsthand after he accepted the job. That's why he moved away. He's a simple man. 

You see Florida teams are easy to deal with when traveling oos. They do whatever it takes to make it happen because they thrive off top national competition and want to give their kids a trip of a lifetime. 

Georgia on the other hand is like pulling teeth and if you don't meet all their unrealistic demands then they would just rather stay home and play International School of Broward. 

If Archer wins out and AHP doesn't go, then it would all matter how bad Archer really wants to play in it. Tift County could sneak in if they win out. Depends on where there ranked. They should jump in at the end if they beat all those good teams 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, golfaddict1 said:

The series uses their rankings for reference... not sure about the invite process.   Seems SFA already said yes.  #10 in their poll this week.  

Article shared mentioned doubleheader with the starting times and announcing crew.  

No, not a prerequisite... only winning state is.  My excluding Venice was due to the loss being a reality check that they won't likely be a choice of state winners.  AHP winning out and accepting is about as easy as the last spot can be to be honest.  If the paper made a typo and meant 3 games with 6 states one rep each... that's cool too but I think they have a pool of 6 states to choose 4 state champs.  That's how I read it for now.  

Well with that being the case you must also consider this... if they're taking the 4 highest ranked teams...  from 4 different states.... technically if Archer did win state it would be:

SFA-MD

Bingham -UT

AHP-FL

Archer-GA 

Archer is currently ranked higher than Chandler in every poll if they win out theyre in...  

While there would only be 1 Western state. They didnt specify that it had to be 2 west 2 east... 

That would technically fill the requirement.

2 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

You see Florida teams are easy to deal with when traveling oos. They do whatever it takes to make it happen because they thrive off top national MONEY and want to give their kids a trip of a lifetime. 

Georgia on the other hand is like pulling teeth and if you don't meet all their unrealistic demands then they would just rather stay home and play International School of Broward. 

If Archer wins out and AHP doesn't go, then it would all matter how bad Archer really wants to play in it. Tift County could sneak in if they win out. Depends on where there ranked. They should jump in at the end if they beat all those good teams 

FIFY... that trip part is just a added bonus...

The real reason y'all travel is because y'all cant afford to host... 

If that was the case why didnt STA go to L.A if they wanted a memorable trip? 

Miami Central and BTW and MNW are the only ones I lay off of because they have to share and I know thats not easy... 

But the rest? Whats the real reason... ? 

4 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

FIFY... that trip part is just a added bonus...

The real reason y'all travel is because y'all cant afford to host... 

If that was the case why didnt STA go to L.A if they wanted a memorable trip? 

Miami Central and BTW and MNW are the only ones I lay off of because they have to share and I know thats not easy... 

But the rest? Whats the real reason... ? 

What do you mean they can't afford to host? Lol. What does that mean? 

Florida hosted Liberty,NV, St John Bosco, Archbishop Wood and St Joes Philly just this year alone. Those are the notable teams 

Those 4 teams are better than any 4 teams from non bordering states that GA has hosted in history. Lol 

• Like 1

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

What do you mean they can't afford to host? Lol. What does that mean? 

Florida hosted Liberty,NV,St John Bosco, Archbishop Wood and St Joes Philly. 

Those 4 teams are better than any 4 teams from non bordering states that GA has hosted in history. Lol 

Liberty-Private Host

SJB-Private Host

Wood-Disney event

SJP-Disney event 

Seriously.... 

Give me an example of a public hosting some far off school...

And dont use Camden County...

3 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Liberty-Private Host

SJB-Private Host

Wood-Disney event

SJP-Disney event 

Seriously.... 

Give me an example of a public hosting some far off school...

And dont use Camden County...

St Joes Philly played at Jesuit's home field. 

Answer this. How can cash strapped Miami Central make it happen to fly to Vegas and play one of the best teams in the country. 

They are a public school with limited funds and busted ass fundraising to offset the remaining costs. 

If Miami Central can do it, then so can any Georgia public. They just don't want to do it. That's the problem 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Well with that being the case you must also consider this... if they're taking the 4 highest ranked teams...  from 4 different states.... technically if Archer did win state it would be:

SFA-MD

Bingham -UT

AHP-FL

Archer-GA 

Archer is currently ranked higher than Chandler in every poll if they win out theyre in...  

While there would only be 1 Western state. They didnt specify that it had to be 2 west 2 east... 

That would technically fill the requirement.

AHP is their #4 this week.  If they win out hard to imagine they wouldn't be invited.   Also hard to imagine Chandler not being invited to help fill the seats in the stadium... it's a small stadium, but I'm sure seats being filled is somewhat of a priority.   Bingham has been in 2 of these and is highly ranked.   They've lost both times but not sure that matters.   Bingham is #9 this week.  SFA is #13 not #10 as I stated earlier (HSFBA mistake).   What I don't want is for AHP AND Archer to win out AND both be interested to compete... and not both be invited.  That would suck.   Any other scenario I think it will be OK.   I hope it's not the east vs west again, although with Grayson out last year it didn't much matter.   Chandler vs. Bingham is interesting to me.   So is SFA vs. AHP or Archer for example.    

We will see what happens soon enough.  By Saturday who knows... we might be discussing where Cardinal Gibbons will be ranked next week.  :)   

28 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

St Joes Philly played at Jesuit's home field. 

Answer this. How can cash strapped Miami Central make it happen to fly to Vegas and play one of the best teams in the country. 

They are a public school with limited funds and busted ass fundraising to offset the remaining costs. 

If Miami Central can do it, then so can any Georgia public. They just don't want to do it. That's the problem 

It's bc schools like lowndes can't use money to steal coaches if they use it to give their kids the travel they deserve 

FL has always had mentality of anywhere anytime 

FL dodges no one