Florida playoff scores

golfaddict1

11 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Exactly my take. Cocoa has Alex Petruzzello who can kick 50 yard FG's but Wilks chose to go for it on 4th and 2 with 1:30 left in the 4th from the 32. I can understand Wilks reasoning, the run is the strong play, and It would have been a 48 yard FG. Alex is good from 50 yards out at around 90%. I would have given him the chance cause I respect Alex's talent, but it's easy to be an armchair coach. Not so much in real life. J-Hawk went to the sideline and came up 2 yards short. He hasn't been the same since being injured and missing all the playoff games until this one. Cocoa had their chances but couldn't cash in. 4 or 5 dropped passes and a fumble in the end zone. All in all both teams were strong on defense with Raines coming out the better tonight.

Wilks took the blame for this one, even though he made good calls. It was just Raines night. End of Story...

Ballsy call by Wilk to go on 4th and 2 in the 3rd on his side of the field and they converted a big gain too, but it was negated by an ineligible player down field... was it a punt formation fake or normal alignment on 4th?  

Raines had about a 2 to 1 margin in total yards for the game.  

3 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Ballsy call by Wilk to go on 4th and 2 in the 3rd on his side of the field and they converted a big gain too, but it was negated by an ineligible player down field... was it a punt formation fake or normal alignment on 4th?  

Raines had about a 2 to 1 margin in total yards for the game.  

Fake punt, and the punter/kicker,Alex Petruzzillo, threw a prefect Spiral. He was the 8th grader that broke his leg in the Trinity Ky game. Call was an ineligible receiver down field. I didn't see it because I was looking down field after he threw the ball. 

Branden Marshall reminds me of Fred Taylor. Just a brusing RB.

• Thanks 1

Champagnat Catholic wins 2A 24-7.   

AHP now in action for the 5A final vs. Baker County.  Up 10--0  end of 1st qtr. 146 yards of O first 2 drives (84 rushing, 62 passing).   Now 17-0 in 2nd and the rout is on.  

http://www.fhsaa.org/sites/default/files/orig_uploads/sports/football/archives/2017-18/state/5a/xlive.htm

Blowout warning...  

44 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Champagnat Catholic wins 2A 24-7.   

AHP now in action for the 5A final vs. Baker County.  Up 10--0  end of 1st qtr. 146 yards of O first 2 drives (84 rushing, 62 passing).   Now 17-0 in 2nd and the rout is on.  

http://www.fhsaa.org/sites/default/files/orig_uploads/sports/football/archives/2017-18/state/5a/xlive.htm

Blowout warning...  

37-0 1:30 left in half.  

13 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Could be an 80-0 game..

AHP had some close games this year, including last week vs. Immokalee  (28-21).   

4A was a good one with Raines beating Cocoa 13-10.  6A final is tonight and it should be a good one I hope.  7A and 8A on paper look to be good ones.  Hopefully just this 5A final (vs an opponent not sure anyone even heard of outside of our state Drummer) will be the lone blowout with running clock.   

7 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Yes and Immokalee could have won.. Good ones tonight...Do you remember that great RB from Immok ?? Who was he ?? 

Forgot the 3A game too, which should be a good one.  I had to look up James... he was in college when I moved to FL.  Wasn't aware.   I think Txball watched them play vs. AHP and was impressed.   

10 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

AHP is a good team,fast, well coached and are state champs..He should have been impressed...If Atlantic wins,it be a first for them I think...They may have peaked at the perfect time..Palm Beach County,with exception of Glades Central some years ago,not much..

Tex was impressed with Immokalee's play.  

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

37-0 1:30 left in half.  

44-15 final.  AHP has qualified for the Geico Series.  If they are invited and accept, they would likely be the top ranked team in the series.  

Armwood vs MNW starts at 8.  I'll add useless commentary for $9.95  (the cost of the game via Spectrum link on FHSAA site if anyone else is interested).  The fhsaa link does a great job though... tracks everything.  

4 hours ago, Drummer61 said:

AHP is a good team,fast, well coached and are state champs..He should have been impressed...If Atlantic wins,it be a first for them I think...They may have peaked at the perfect time..Palm Beach County,with exception of Glades Central some years ago,not much..

Both Atlantic and Dr Phillips are looking for first state championship in program history 

Both have been runner ups before but never won State 

http://www.fhsaa.org/sites/default/files/orig_uploads/sports/football/archives/2017-18/state/3a/xplays3.htm

4th and 7 from the 11?  Either their kicking game blows or the HC is forgetting it’s early 3rd quarter.  Another drive stalled.  Shivers for 21, should reach 200, possibly this quarter.  I suppose Ox HC May feel they won’t stop Nade much and have to go for TD’s.  Still kick the FG.  Get some momentum.