Good article about why HS coaches are leaving and not wanting to coach

HSFBfan

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

Very good article about how soft you have to be as a coach today and coaches not wanting to do the job anymore

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2749081

They ain't been coaching at COLQUITT then! All American J.J. Peterson, after a malady in the Tift game! Came to practice 90 minutes EARLY, to run laps without having to be told!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Glad you enjoyed

Football is a much different game than any other. The intensity has to be there. Old school or new I'm not for grabbing kids facemasks and cursing at them. Sprints for lack of hustle or continuing mistakes? Hell yea there is nothing wrong with that. But as Nunz said playing time of lack there of is the best way to send a message. Problem is every parent thinks there kid is the best. 

Just now, aZjimbo said:

Football is a much different game than any other. The intensity has to be there. Old school or new I'm not for grabbing kids facemasks and cursing at them. Sprints for lack of hustle or continuing mistakes? Hell yea there is nothing wrong with that. But as Nunz said playing time of lack there of is the best way to send a message. Problem is every parent thinks there kid is the best. 

I dont mind the physical nature of a coach towards an athlete as long as he isnt like severally beating the kid. Grabbing of the facemask a slap in the back of the helmet im good with it. Lack of playing time though could hurt your program especially in the age of transfers. Every kid transfers now until they play. Its the chase of the almighty scholarship.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Drummer61 said:

"Pussy,arrogant,liberal and selfish parents are destroying the country and many other things..My first two coaches at Bosco might well be in prison today.....Funny, not one guy alive today complains about either one, rather appriciate them still. We had drills that today,wood be forbidden,yet again,not one long term injury,that I knew or heard about , never happened...The worst I saw, in four years at Bosco, four  knockouts, out cold, against BC,Pope Pius,BC and St Cecilias...

Bull in the ring. Brutal.

2 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

I dont mind the physical nature of a coach towards an athlete as long as he isnt like severally beating the kid. Grabbing of the facemask a slap in the back of the helmet im good with it. Lack of playing time though could hurt your program especially in the age of transfers. Every kid transfers now until they play. Its the chase of the almighty scholarship.

I've had coaches grab my facemask to get my attention. That's one thing. But grabbing and yanking would not cut it with me. I'd clock the coach if it was me. Extra running and sprints? Been there, done that.

5 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

You AREN'T talking about schools SOUTH of the Macon-Dixie Line! MUST be those spoiled brats we keep spanking in metro?:)

As an aside, LORDY, I hope Coach ProPst sticks it out, unless he is getting a tremendous pay raise! Because with what he has coming down the pike! In terms of wins, he could be in an elite group in a very short period of time!