Div III: Ohio’s Mount Union (303-13 since ‘94) vs Texas’ Mary Hardin Baylor (29 game win streak)

BigDrop

Right now on ESPNU is one of the best games of the year.  Mount Union has the most successful football program in America since 1994 at any level.  (Yes, even better than De La Salle who are 306-16 since ‘94). They are 303-13 since ‘94,. In fact at one point Mount Union won 108 out of 109 games.  

Mary Hardin Baylor ( near Temple, TX) is the defending national champion with their own 29 game winning streak.

The game is being played in one of the most beautiful high school stadiums in America:  Salem, VA high school which is outside of Roanoke, about 40 miles from Virginia Tech.  

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

Right now on ESPNU is one of the best games of the year.  Mount Union has the most successful football program in America since 1994 at any level.  (Yes, even better than De La Salle who are 306-16 since ‘94). They are 303-13 since ‘94,. In fact at one point Mount Union won 108 out of 109 games.  

Mary Hardin Baylor ( near Temple, TX) is the defending national champion with their own 29 game winning streak.

The game is being played in one of the most beautiful high school stadiums in America:  Salem, VA high school which is outside of Roanoke, about 40 miles from Virginia Tech.  

I'm watching this and GA 7 finals

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BigDrop said:

Their qb (from Florida!) is only a sophomore.  Something like 45 tds this year. I’ll follow him next year.

I'm at a HS game here at the moment.  But I have watched of MT games in the playoffs.  MHB knocked em out last year.  I would like to see them play a DII or FCS team.  They are always physical teams.  MHB has put together 2 good seasons

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

I'm at a HS game here at the moment.  But I have watched of MT games in the playoffs.  MHB knocked em out last year.  I would like to see them play a DII or FCS team.  They are always physical teams.  MHB has put together 2 good seasons

This is the 3rd time MHB has played for the National Championship.  They have only been playing football like 17 years.

The first time MHB made the finals the got beat by Linfield in the finals.  The QB set every passing record that year for Linfield.  He started his career at Utah got hurt and then Alex Smith took over and he transferred.

That same year MHB beat mount Union on their home field in the snow.  The QB for MHB was Jack Welch's son who is the HFC at Copperas Cove.