The GA/FL All Star Game

Rufus69

I'm not sure what I still don't understand here but why you all talking like this game is ONLY 5 years old???  The true GA v FL all-star game actually started back in the early 80's w/ guys like Dion Sanders.  The games were first played in Orlando and Tally area but then up to the Dome in Atlanta.  I saw a few of these games in the 90's when following middle GA players (northside, peach county, warner robins, etc...).  I also remember some big names in the earlier games like Hines Ward, Charlie Ward, Jaquez Green,  Warren Sapp, and Dante Culpepper so it definitely had top talent playing.  The first season I saw this all-star game was at the Dome in either 97' or 98' (it was Jamel Lewis senior season out of Atlanta area high school).  I also know they played the game at GA Tech one season and believe it or not I think they played this GA v FL all-star game at UTenn or somewhere strange like that in Tennessee.

Just now, sausmann9 said:

I'm not sure what I still don't understand here but why you all talking like this game is ONLY 5 years old???  The true GA v FL all-star game actually started back in the early 80's w/ guys like Dion Sanders.  The games were first played in Orlando and Tally area but then up to the Dome in Atlanta.  I saw a few of these games in the 90's when following middle GA players (northside, peach county, warner robins, etc...).  I also remember some big names in the earlier games like Hines Ward, Charlie Ward, Jaquez Green,  Warren Sapp, and Dante Culpepper so it definitely had top talent playing.  The first season I saw this all-star game was at the Dome in either 97' or 98' (it was Jamel Lewis senior season out of Atlanta area high school).  I also know they played the game at GA Tech one season and believe it or not I think they played this GA v FL all-star game at UTenn or somewhere strange like that in Tennessee.

I think this specific one been around 5 years but GA vs FL all star games been happening for years just with different management 

24 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

Yes, Columbiafan is correct. I am talking about the "new era" that is separated for some reason. I found all the games, to my knowledge, posted on a Georgia High School forum that I wasn't able to access (I think it is broken). It also includes the one in TN you mentioned. I am not sure if any games took place between 2003 and 2011.

FLORIDA GEORGIA ALL STAR
1985: Florida 23 Georgia 7
1986: Florida 16 Georgia 7
1987: Florida 3 Georgia 27
1988: Florida 32 Georgia 38
1989: Florida 7 Georgia 7
1990: Florida 16 Georgia 24
1991: Florida 6 Georgia 3
1992: Florida 23 Georgia 3
1993: Florida 27 Georgia 7
1994: Florida 10 Georgia 10
1995: Florida 3 Georgia 0
1996: Florida 10 Georgia 10
1997: Georgia 25 Florida 14
1998: Georgia 23 Florida 21
1999: Georgia 13 Florida 7
2000: Georgia 16 Florida 10
2001: Georgia 13 Florida 40
2001 (TN): Georgia 9 Florida 3
2002: no game
2003-2012: probably no games

The new series:

2013: ?
07JAN2014: ?
04JAN2015: Florida 14 Georgia 26
02JAN2016: Florida 28 Georgia 10
2017: ?
06JAN2018: Florida 16 VS Georgia 0 (cancelled in 3rd quarter because of brawl)

I have also found this list, which is also incomplete... followed by 2 games someone mentioned that I haven't been able to confirm.

WAR OF THE BORDER
14JAN2012: Georgia 16 Florida 20
2013-2014:?
16JAN2015: Georgia 17 Florida 20
2016: ?
20JAN2017: Georgia 0 Florida 28
19JAN2018: Georgia 6 Florida 31

????: Georgia 27 Florida 3
????: Florida 3 Georgia 0

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

I think this specific one been around 5 years but GA vs FL all star games been happening for years just with different management 

got it!  I still think the best offensive team from FL might have been the 1999 team that had Adrian McPherson, Kevin Verpale, Jeff Fane and Anquan Boldin. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, abramjones said:

Yes, Columbiafan is correct. I am talking about the "new era" that is separated for some reason. I found all the games, to my knowledge, posted on a Georgia High School forum that I wasn't able to access (I think it is broken). It also includes the one in TN you mentioned. I am not sure if any games took place between 2003 and 2011.

FLORIDA GEORGIA ALL STAR
1985: Florida 23 Georgia 7
1986: Florida 16 Georgia 7
1987: Florida 3 Georgia 27
1988: Florida 32 Georgia 38
1989: Florida 7 Georgia 7
1990: Florida 16 Georgia 24
1991: Florida 6 Georgia 3
1992: Florida 23 Georgia 3
1993: Florida 27 Georgia 7
1994: Florida 10 Georgia 10
1995: Florida 3 Georgia 0
1996: Florida 10 Georgia 10
1997: Georgia 25 Florida 14
1998: Georgia 23 Florida 21
1999: Georgia 13 Florida 7
2000: Georgia 16 Florida 10
2001 (TN): Georgia 9 Florida 3
2002: no game
2003-2011: probably no games

The new series:

2013: ?
07JAN2014: ?
04JAN2015: Florida 14 Georgia 26
02JAN2016: Florida 28 Georgia 10
2017: ?
06JAN2018: Florida 16 VS Georgia 0 (cancelled in 3rd quarter because of brawl)

I have also found this list, which is also incomplete... followed by 2 games someone mentioned that I haven't been able to confirm.

WAR OF THE BORDER
14JAN2012: Georgia 16 Florida 20
2013-2014:?
16JAN2015: Georgia 17 Florida 20
2016: ?
20JAN2017: Georgia 0 Florida 28
19JAN2018: Georgia 6 Florida 31

????: Georgia 27 Florida 3
????: Florida 3 Georgia 0

Excellent!!!  From 94' to 99' those games were just kick ass awesome!!!  Lots of talent for sure.   Middle GA tv or somebody down that way used to televise them most likely due to local talent playing.

I thought for some reason the game played in Tennessee was maybe in 2005 as well but not sure. 

my bad on the reading comprehension, didn't catch the new era designation. 

7 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

Excellent!!!  From 94' to 99' those games were just kick ass awesome!!!  Lots of talent for sure.   Middle GA tv or somebody down that way used to televise them most likely due to local talent playing.

I thought for some reason the game played in Tennessee was maybe in 2005 as well but not sure. 

my bad on the reading comprehension, didn't catch the new era designation. 

Yeah, it's really a shame that no one seems to care about preserving the history of these and most other all star games, it's also a shame that these games don't happen more often because it's the closest thing we have had to true interstate competitions. I have put together this list in the last couple days because I've been trapped inside due to weather, including those of other states. Before this week I didn't even know they existed. I guess all the old timers are dying off because no one seems to have the final scores to these and other missing matches.

14 minutes ago, abramjones said:

Yeah, it's really a shame that no one seems to care about preserving the history of these and most other all star games, it's also a shame that these games don't happen more often because it's the closest thing we have had to true interstate competitions. I have put together this list in the last couple days because I've been trapped inside due to weather, including those of other states. Before this week I didn't even know they existed. I guess all the old timers are dying off because no one seems to have the final scores to these and other missing matches.

I'll be in touch, I have some interstate all-star games you might be interested in checking out. 

14 hours ago, abramjones said:

Okay thanks, here is a list of the ones I've found.

senior high school all star interstate football.txt

Oh shoot man, I misunderstood again, I thought you actually had the games to watch instead of just a list.  I have a good bit of Big 33, 2 games b/n LA v TX, 2 games b/n FL v GA, and a bunch from the Herbie but Herbie was not an all-star game but just a collection of OOS games at start of season.  I may even have one or two of the Ohio's North v South game.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/7/2018 at 2:41 PM, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Lol u think coldcut county will ever schedule a away OOS lol propst would ruin his reputation if he scheduled a away game and lost that’s y they will always try to get u to play at their stadium 

You don't know as much as you think you do.  Rush has scheduled an OOS game and lost.

22 hours ago, sausmann9 said:

got it!  I still think the best offensive team from FL might have been the 1999 team that had Adrian McPherson, Kevin Verpale, Jeff Fane and Anquan Boldin. 

I remember STA vs Bradenton Southeast (Adrian Mcpherson) in 1999 was a great one.     Would love to see film on that game.   Cant remember the details well.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

I remember STA vs Bradenton Southeast (Adrian Mcpherson) in 1999 was a great one.     Would love to see film on that game.   Cant remember the details well.    

I bet that was a good one.  Mcpherson was just an amazing athlete on the field.  That 99' all star game b/n GA and FL is STILL one of my favorite games to dig out and watch.