Some of RedZone's favorite Acoustical Jams...

RedZone

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

Dude, it's over. 

Let it go. 

Let Zepplin and Floyd go and grab a hold to Wolf Alice and Courtney Barnett because some random strange person in NJ says so? You are more fucked in the head than I thought.

Undertsand something. Bourbon St. is one of the most popular party streets in the world and guess what?

You can almost hear every song in this thread (and then some) played by the bands in the bars and clubs. Even the Jazz and Blues guys can play most of these songs and do. Why? It packs the bars and clubs with old and young. They know it and love it.

NO ONE is going to walk into a bar even for free to check out some band playing a Courtney Barnett cover song.

Understand what I'm telling you?  These guys/girls are about filling the club up.

Club videos normally suck, but you get the idea.

1 hour ago, Coletrain06 said:

This is one of the great songs of all time. Both versions are so incredible. Didn't think Johnny would be able to come close to Trent Reznor on that song, but man Johnny nails it.....I still like Trent's version better, but Johnny gets a 10 out of 10 too.

I think that I'm more partial to the Johnny version. The video really adds something to it for me knowing Johnny's story and all. There's something profound about it in both versions, and I really like both though. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, noonereal said:

they will be

that is what you don't get

I'm pretty sure I get it and seen most of it......just a guess.

This kinda stuff is for people who want to cling on to something different like they do their funny named drinks in extremely tall glasses. I imagine after 5 or 6 of those drinks filled with 87% sugar they convince themselves they like Courtney Barnett..

I don't want to be different. I'm happy being like everyone else.

16 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Hard to get much more acoustic than the spoons, bells, guitar, cymbals on a car license plate strapped to your foot and suitcase drum. Definitely out of left field, but it's not really bad at all. Porch music. 

Spoon Lady and Chris Rodrigues would fit in on Bourbon.

Between Classic Rock, Blues, Jazz,  Spoons, Washboards,  and stuff there just isn't much room for the Wolf Alices and Courtney Barnett types.

Don't get me wrong we have those Courtney Barnett type clubs here like most big cities...little clickish and weird though truthfully.

but they ain't on Bourbon.

13 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

If you're just all in for the acoustic sounds and like guitar period, Justin Johnson is one hell of a guitarist.

No singing. Just acoustic guitar played by an expert.

Good stuff. Love all the instruments. Makes me wanna get out some of my instruments. Reminds me of the collection my dad and I have.....  I have a few guitars and a ukulele.........my dad has a handful of bass guitars, a few guitars, a mandolin, a dulcimer-banjo, a piano, harp, and various percussion instruments. 

29 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

Good stuff. Love all the instruments. Makes me wanna get out some of my instruments. Reminds me of the collection my dad and I have.....  I have a few guitars and a ukulele.........my dad has a handful of bass guitars, a few guitars, a mandolin, a dulcimer-banjo, a piano, harp, and various percussion instruments. 

Yeah, if you check that guy's page out, he plays oil can guitars, shovel guitars, the diddly bow and just about anything with strings. 

On 1/25/2018 at 10:00 PM, RedZone said:

I don't want to be different. I'm happy being like everyone else.

lol, you are not like everyone else, dope, You are simply like many people about your age and cultural background.

There is nothing radically different about the artists I posted and what you listen to, it's just as I said, generational and cultural.

Hipsters in Brooklyn are just listening to what everybody else is listening to and it's not the stuff you post.

Check out the Billboard 200.All the artists i posted appear there.