New Harvard/Harris Poll on Immigration

concha

There is much propaganda with this issue. I will attempt to clarify some of the jargon that you idiots push on here.

1. Illegals do not qualify for welfare or other social entitlements

2. Illegals cannot vote (despite the Republican talking point that Democrats favor illegals for more votes)

3. Illegals pay taxes

4. Illegals do qualify for free, public schooling. This is a major cost, and is an understandable gripe.

5. Illegals do not receive free health care. BUT, they will be treated by law, at any emergency facility. There is a cost associated with this as well.

Don't let this republiCON so-called "conservatives" cloud the mud for you. Also, 60-70 percent of illegals come to our country via a port of entry. A 40 billion dollar "wall" will most likely do nothing to curtail the illegal immigration we have now. But, it sounds cool at a campaign speech!

6 hours ago, noonereal said:

so you believe, for example, a Mexican kid brought here at say 5 years old, has never been in mexico, is now a landscaper, medical doctor or holds any job should be deported?

Just want to get folks on record. No trick questions here. 

thanks

I’ll play your role. 

Youre better than that, I never said that. Don’t be like .....

2 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Why not/ I wonder if the first from your family to arrive could speak English or had a marketable skill. And because they came through Ellis does not mean it was legal. 

They sure did. My great grandfather was a blue collar worker. I have it at home his exact job title. So yes he came here spoke english and got a job. Got a house in Brooklyn, NY. My grandfather was a WW2 Vet. I have more military in my family up and down my blood lines

8 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Have i ever shown any sign of backing down lol

I know Branch Trumpidians will, like Tammy Wynette, always “Stand By Their Man” but how is the Master Negotiator©️™️®️ going to explain shooting down the Graham-Durbin proposal and any other proposal that doesn’t meet his exact standards (which won’t pass Congress)?

You do understand that a deal requires both sides to give up something in exchange for getting something, right?

If the government shuts back down because Trump vetoes any bipartisan deal that doesn’t give him 100% of what he wants we will have zero increased border security and de facto amnesty (just like we have now).  How is this the sign of a Master Negotiator©️®️™️?

What is the average Trump supporter willing to compromise on for increased border security in some form (wall, technology, more guards, moat filled with piranhas, etc.?)

5 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

I know Branch Trumpidians will, like Tammy Wynette, always “Stand By Their Man” but how is the Master Negotiator©️™️®️ going to explain shooting down the Graham-Durbin proposal and any other proposal that doesn’t meet his exact standards (which won’t pass Congress)?

You do understand that a deal requires both sides to give up something in exchange for getting something, right?

If the government shuts back down because Trump vetoes any bipartisan deal that doesn’t give him 100% of what he wants we will have zero increased border security and de facto amnesty (just like we have now).  How is this the sign of a Master Negotiator©️®️™️?

What is the average Trump supporter willing to compromise on forn increased border security in some form (wall, technology, more guards, moat filled with piranhas, etc.?)

Hes not going to give up the wall. That is very obvious to this point. And Schumer just pulled the wall off the table(again siding with the ILLEGALS) when will he learn.....Blue wave avg is down to +7 Democrats and sliding...Not good at all. 

Trump is not going to do a deal on DACA without more border security and more funding for the military. Again thats a very obvious point. Hell stand his ground and the numbers are sliding towards the republicans right now. That big blue wave that was in the double digits like i stated is down to 7

Here is my opinion of what is going to happen. The government is going to shut down numerous more times. Hopefully come November there is more Republicans elected. Remember Reagan was beloved and the government was shut down 8 times

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Hes not going to give up the wall. That is very obvious to this point. And Schumer just pulled the wall off the table(again siding with the ILLEGALS) when will he learn.....Blue wave avg is down to +7 Democrats and sliding...Not good at all. 

Trump is not going to do a deal on DACA without more border security and more funding for the military. Again thats a very obvious point. Hell stand his ground and the numbers are sliding towards the republicans right now. That big blue wave that was in the double digits like i stated is down to 7

Again I ask, what are Trump supporters willing to compromise on for increased border security?

By your own statements he will do a deal on DACA.  You do realize that means keeping protections for DACA recipients in place in some form, right?

Without a compromise in some form there is no deal (including no increased border security).  We will continue to have de facto amnesty, and the current laws re: continued chain migration, continued visa lotteries, and no more security funding.

The Democrats seem willing to give more funding for security in some capacity and will prob look to reform the lottery system and chain migration.  What’s your counter proposal?

6 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Here is my opinion of what is going to happen. The government is going to shut down numerous more times. Hopefully come November there is more Republicans elected. Remember Reagan was beloved and the government was shut down 8 times

This last paragraph is horrifying.

1 minute ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Again I ask, what are Trump supporters willing to compromise on for increased border security?

Without a compromise in some form there is no deal (including no increased border security).  We will continue to have de facto amnesty, and the current laws re: continued chain migration, continued visa lotteries, and no more security funding.

I agree something has to be done but I do not want to see anymore chain migration visa and the like. As were waiting we can certainly hire more federal agents.