Meanwhile: Gowdy finally had it with Washington

RedZone

2 minutes ago, noonereal said:

"The really big story of the tax bill is that it favors capital over labor," said Harris. "It's heavily skewed to benefit people who get money without working, as opposed to those who labor for a living."

A salesman makes $200,000 a year, but in order to generate those commissions, he travels to visit clients and takes them out to dinner. He can't deduct those expenses now.

It's unfair that companies' so-called cost of doing business is still deductible, Davidoff said.

"Take a look at McDonald's," he said. "They spend $50 million on a Superbowl ad, and they get to deduct it."

lots of folks, lots, getting screwed.

This right here

3 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Maybe so.  Lets see what the Bonus Check look like on the 16th before I go all Rodney Daingerfield on him.  If that bad boy is swinging then Homie and I will be good. But hey that 401k of mine is En Fuego.  And though his wife was the 2nd best Loser in the Ms. South Cackylacky Pagent doesn't change the fact that he looks effeminate.

Sounds like you find him attractive.

Give him a call, DD.

You're Semper Fi for that it sounds like.

10 minutes ago, dbcaptiron said:

That right there is a fallacy....

Zero changes in any 'salesrep guy on salary' writeoffs...as they never occurred xD

giphy.gif 

but I'm sure Nor was hoping you wouldn't really pick up on that....

As you didn't...Nor - 1, DD - 0 

argue with Forbes

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/01/unreimbursed-employee-expenses-could-hurt-taxpayers.html

11 minutes ago, noonereal said:

No need for opinion pieces based on false projections. 

Needed to read no further than the first few sentences to see that it's based on the same false logic you've been promoting for months (must be where you got it?) and yes I have written off my wife's scrubs before per FORBES, so yeah I should know...

The simple logic that avoids you, is that if I normally give you one banana with my left hand, but this year I decide to give you two bananas from my right hand instead..

giphy.gif

(farce to call it a loss)

sorry if you were dropped on your head the day they played 'one banana' in kindergarden.

and BTW: Any salaried employee writing off 'business meals' on his personal taxes, are not doing so legally.O.o 

11 hours ago, dbcaptiron said:

and BTW: Any salaried employee writing off 'business meals' on his personal taxes, are not doing so legally.O.o 

from Turbo tax

"If you're a salaried employee, you may be surprised to learn that your deductions include certain job-related expenses"

Certainly you are surprised. 

The number of people who have un-reimbursed employee expenses over 2% of their AGI is infinitesimal. If "sales rep guy" isn't getting his expenses reimbursed, then he probably should find a new gig with one of the 95% of companies who cover them. 

The notion that "lots of folks are getting screwed" is pretty silly.

If we want to break out the pitchforks over McD deducting the cost of their super bowl ad, that's fine.

38 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

The number of people who have un-reimbursed employee expenses over 2% of their AGI is infinitesimal. If "sales rep guy" isn't getting his expenses reimbursed, then he probably should find a new gig with one of the 95% of companies who cover them. 

The notion that "lots of folks are getting screwed" is pretty silly.

If we want to break out the pitchforks over McD deducting the cost of their super bowl ad, that's fine.

And yet advertising could not be a more direct form of 'actual' product expense....while smoozy dinners (mini bribes?) by salesreps should now be written off by an employee and not the company??  

'Intellectually  Dishonest'  Nooner strikes again....

3 hours ago, noonereal said:

from Turbo tax

"If you're a salaried employee, you may be surprised to learn that your deductions include certain job-related expenses"

Certainly you are surprised. 

Not surprised as I already know the codes....guess you missed the part about those scrub writeoffs ...

REALLY it does not get any more 'intellectually dishonest' than this last post......... 

Please point to the part where it says schmoozy salaried sales reps dinners are now personal write off's for the rep (and not a company expense, if even qualified).....Then point to where it has in fact changed....Then produce just one person, or example of it being Used+Lost....

That is how one would generally prove something...

That your presto chango 'vanishing' argument boasting personal losses, exemplifies probably one of the most abused and corrupt business 'write off' practices ( as 'unfairly' being taken away) is really pretty funny Karma...

But you already knew that your 'taxes are due in April' response was nothing but bullshit.....

It's just what 'intellectually dishonest' people do.......

4 minutes ago, dbcaptiron said:

point to the part where it says schmoozy salaried sales reps dinners

depends on how your compensation is structured

Stop the wise guy stuff for a minute, you do realize this, right? 

BTW, this also effects nurses who previous could deduct the cost of their scrubs and teachers who previous could deduct the cost of stuff they buy for class. 

I totally get where you are coming from but you may be unaware of all the different pay structures in sales. Very unlike any other profession. 

Generally speaking you are correct, most companies reimburse for meals and lodging and other such sales related expenses. I read something about car expense deductions for salespeople going away too. (again only for the group that use their own yet draw a w2 not a 1099. 

I think I read home offices are no longer deductible too unless you are an independent contractor. 

7 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

The guy went to clown college where apparently Farrakhan's bullshit was pumped into his brain.

Went to a few schools but yeah, that 'NJ public State University' was definitely the 'clown college' one....

How could any figure otherwise..given the 'racist courses bullshit pumping' required?

11 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

Somehow he thinks that's not an indictment of him for attending that college.

Nah, strictly geography for that time period.  

16 minutes ago, dbcaptiron said:

REALLY it does not get any more 'intellectually dishonest' than this last post......... 

Please point to the part where it says schmoozy salaried sales reps dinners are now personal write off's for the rep (and not a company expense, if even qualified).....Then point to where it has in fact changed....Then produce just one person, or example of it being Used+Lost....

That is how one would generally prove something...

That your presto chango 'vanishing' argument boasting personal losses, exemplifies probably one of the most abused and corrupt business 'write off' practices ( as 'unfairly' being taken away) is really pretty funny Karma...

But you already knew that your 'taxes are due in April' response was nothing but bullshit.....

It's just what 'intellectually dishonest' people do.......

You are  a pretty insulting dude. 

27 minutes ago, noonereal said:

depends on how your compensation is structured

Stop the wise guy stuff for a minute, you do realize this, right? 

BTW, this also effects nurses who previous could deduct the cost of their scrubs and teachers who previous could deduct the cost of stuff they buy for class. 

I totally get where you are coming from but you may be unaware of all the different pay structures in sales. Very unlike any other profession. 

Generally speaking you are correct, most companies reimburse for meals and lodging and other such sales related expenses. I read something about car expense deductions for salespeople going away too. (again only for the group that use their own yet draw a w2 not a 1099. 

I think I read home offices are no longer deductible too unless you are an independent contractor. 

Noon ...time to give it up...your a dope...when management needed a new compensation package for their salesforce (EVERY YEAR<<if you knew anything you would know why that was) Guess who was charged...

There are legal ramifications of pushing 'company' expenses off onto 'commissioned' employees....as in companies don't do it...so your not even in the right ballpark....'taxes are due in april' LOL...

Find me one (legal) example, or shut up already and admit your full of shit...

and BTW: My wife will receive $12,000 bananas in 'write-offs' in replacement of her $180 banana scrub write off.....so yeah you saying she 'lost anything' could not get any more INTELLECTUALLY DISHONEST (and you already know this)....

The only one you fool is yourself...

2 minutes ago, dbcaptiron said:

Noon ...time to give it up...your a dope...when management needed a new compensation package for their salesforce (EVERY YEAR<<if you knew anything you would know why that was) Guess who was charged...

There are legal ramifications of pushing 'company' expenses off onto 'commissioned' employees....as in companies don't do it...so your not even in the right ballpark....'taxes are due in april' LOL...

Find me one (legal) example, or shut up already and admit your full of shit...

and BTW: My wife will receive $12,000 bananas in 'write-offs' in replacement of her $180 scrub write off.....so yeah you saying she 'lost anything' could not get any more INTELLECTUALLY DISHONEST (and you already know this)....

The only one you fool is yourself...

Examples were in the links.

Expect no more replies from me till you grow up.

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

Examples were in the links.

Expect no more replies from me till you grow up.

Here's your 'one and only' link dingleberry....

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/01/unreimbursed-employee-expenses-could-hurt-taxpayers.html

You can start by explaining to the class why the most outrageous headline they could come up with is.....wait for it......"COULD" HURT TAXPAYERS....

A list of some small bananas being replaced (by much larger bananas) is not even close to providing an example of any taxpayers 'loss'  as you claim....

As Forbes seems to be having some problems in providing some examples (not just a list of "replacee's", with 'oh my' commentary), I'm sure you could help the whole class out let everyone know which example YOU rely on, and were basing your posts on .....

We all know you don't have one, and are full of shit......like every other 'intellectually dishonest' fool....but it will be fun waiting for YOUR 'Example' proof....

Or was the 'expect no more replies' quip just the way you 'dishonest fools' cop out? 

2 hours ago, Guccifer said:

The guy went to clown college where apparently Farrakhan's bullshit was pumped into his brain.

Somehow he thinks that's not an indictment of him for attending that college.

If I'd gone to Florida Atlantic, I'd probably spend less time busting people's balls on where they went to college.

Hope this helps.