Meanwhile: Gowdy finally had it with Washington

RedZone

When Trump won the presidential election in 2016, Gowdy expected a call from the White House about the attorney general post. He was disappointed when he never even got an interview, sources close to him said. While the two never had a close relationship — and to this day, Gowdy says he’s never had a conversation with the president — he figured his legal acumen would make him a worthy candidate.

1 minute ago, Bormio said:

Many are committee chairmen getting kicked out since the GOP does not permit committee chairs to serve for life.  They do not want to go back to being peons.

and how many are chairmen of the 34...a handful at best?....it's the TRUMP effect...they see the writing on the wall...the tide will turn come Nov...;)

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Monmouth Poll: +2 Democrats in generic elections. That blue wave doesnt exist anymore

The RCP average is still +7 for Dems, but it was +13 just about a month ago.

Trend is not in their favor and folks haven't even seen their paychecks increase (due for most this month).

1 minute ago, concha said:

7 points is a bunch, but at that level, the Pubs will almost certainly keep the House.

Sites like 270towin.com, Cook Political Report and Larry Sabato show little likelihood of a Dem takeover.

I have a feeling it will be down to pretty much nothing. And the +7 is an average when you have CNN saying +18 +20 that makes the average a little out of wack

Just now, HSFBfan said:

yes i know. By the time November comes itll be very tight. Republicans should be able to keep the majority on both the House and Senate. And there 4-5 states that can have their districts flip red

We'll net lose a few in the House in all likelihood. History shows a strong tendency this way.

The Senate will be very interesting. Lots of blue seats on the ballot.

20 minutes ago, concha said:

The RCP average is still +7 for Dems, but it was +13 just about a month ago.

Trend is not in their favor and folks haven't even seen their paychecks increase (due for most this month).

You are thinking like the DEms now.

I have been trying to teach you, forget all that stuff that mattered in the past. 

This is a culture war and a few dollars in the pay check is not going to make someone who is appalled by Trump vote for him in 3 years. 

Just like Trump approval being at an "all time low" approval rating is irrelevant to his reelection, so is this. 

I know die hard republicans that would not vote for him no matter what happened and I know die hard democrats who would only vote for him no matter what happens. 

Do you know ANYONE who is moving to or away from him? I don't. 

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

You are thinking like the DEms now.

I have been trying to teach you, forget all that stuff that mattered in the past. 

This is a culture war and a few dollars in the pay check is not going to make someone who is appalled by Trump vote for him in 3 years. 

Just like Trump approval being at an "all time low" approval rating is irrelevant to his reelection, so is this. 

I know die hard republicans that would not vote for him no matter what happened and I know die hard democrats who would only vote for him no matter what happens. 

Do you know ANYONE who is moving to or away from him? I don't. 

You are not smart enough nor knowledgeable enough to teach me.

The topic was the House and my answer spot on.

The generic polling gap is tightening. And in November, folks will walk into voting booths with more jobs and more take home pay going into the Christmas season and decide it they want to vote for current leadership that has unemployment at near historic (orjust plain historic) lows and just gave them a bump in take home pay.  There will also be 3+ million and counting who got bonuses and/or wage/benefits increases.

Do I vote for the folks who have been running Congress while the unemployment rate has been dropping and my pay and benes increasing? Or do I vote for the folks who would be only too happy to vote it away?

4 minutes ago, concha said:

You are not smart enough nor knowledgeable enough to teach me.

The topic was the House and my answer spot on.

The generic polling gap is tightening. And in November, folks will walk into voting booths with more jobs and more take home pay going into the Christmas season and decide it they want to vote for current leadership that has unemployment at near historic (orjust plain historic) lows and just gave them a bump in take home pay.  There will also be 3+ million and counting who got bonuses and/or wage/benefits increases.

Do I vote for the folks who have been running Congress while the unemployment rate has been dropping and my pay and benes increasing? Or do I vote for the folks who would be only too happy to vote it away?

I know it's about the House, I stand by my comments that polls don't indicate  as much right now as they did in the past. 

3 minutes ago, concha said:

They did this very thing in 2006 because of an unacceptable Presidency.

Recent history does not support your claims, shockingly.

1 minute ago, Guccifer said:

concha always says this, even after he was proven to have lied.

Ahhhh.... Canes doing what Canes does...

He gets smacked around like a $2 whore and now will troll me for ages repeating "lie" as often as possible.

Do everyone a favor and learn basic math.

https://www.amazon.com/Math-Real-Dummies-Barry-Schoenborn/dp/1118453301/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1517507586&sr=8-1&keywords=everyday+math+for+dummies

Talk to your boss. maybe you can get it on the taxpayer dime.

You're welcome.