De La Salle's star player is a transfer from Sacramento

TheBlockIsHot

On 2/17/2018 at 8:07 PM, Belly Bob said:

As a NV guy, why do you spend so much of your time talking about DLS and NorCal football?

I keeps tabs on NV, CA, AZ, HI and UT on a regional level because I was born and raised in the west. And I also keep tabs on the regions where football is relevant (TX, FL, GA, NJ, MD, OH, PA). I have attended dozens of games in Nevada and in California. And watched many more on tv or the internet. 

This board desperately needs a poster with knowledge of the MIC. A conference which has some great teams and is one of the most competitive in the entire US. Why not you? 

14 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

This board desperately needs a poster with knowledge of the MIC. A conference which has some great teams and is one of the most competitive in the entire US. Why not you? 

I agree that it would be nice if we had an MIC guy, but I like to spend my Friday nights at home with my family. And after I put them to bed, I stream a little DLS or maybe some TL action while I nurse a bottle of red wine and argue with the guys from GA. I do that until my posts get corny. And then I call it night. It works out well for me.

So I will not be venturing down to Indy to catch the football games anytime soon. 

On 2/18/2018 at 2:05 AM, ECHS05 said:

Just trying to bring some perspective.

DLS is good. NorCal is not good. 

Bring some perspective to what? I'm not sure you know what that phrase means.

The point was that the OOS teams DLS has played over the years aren't representative of HSFB outside NorCal, not that every singe OOS team DLS has played has been a top 10 team in the country.

So it's a mistake to compare DLS's record against NorCal teams to their record against OOS teams to make a judgment about how good NorCal football is relative to other regions in the country.

15 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

I keeps tabs on NV, CA, AZ, HI and UT on a regional level because I was born and raised in the west. And I also keep tabs on the regions where football is relevant (TX, FL, GA, NJ, MD, OH, PA). I have attended dozens of games in Nevada and in California. And watched many more on tv or the internet. 

Nevada football is still relatively new. I remember my first beer. 

Plus, most people that live in Nevada are "couldn't hack its" from CA anyways. 

5 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

I agree that it would be nice if we had an MIC guy, but I like to spend my Friday nights at home with my family. And after I put them to bed, I stream a little DLS or maybe some TL action while I nurse a bottle of red wine and argue with the guys from GA. I do that until my posts get corny. And then I call it night. It works out well for me.

So I will not be venturing down to Indy to catch the football games anytime soon. 

Copy that. Family always comes first. 

I’m grateful that my girls like going to watch Gorman football. They might not understand all of the nuances of the game  (and I’m working on that) but they love the atmosphere and the action of the big OOS games. 

One could easily argue that the MIC teams are currently and historically better than the WCAL or the SFL teams. At the end of most seasons there is at least one MIC team in the final season top 25 polls. And I believe that Warren Central won a MNC a few years ago. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

Nevada football is still relatively new. 

That is true. The census recorded 48,500 in Clark county in 1950. Today we are pushing 2.1 million. 

5 hours ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

Plus, most people that live in Nevada are "couldn't hack its" from CA anyways. 

We do have a lot of people in Las Vegas who have fled in terror from CA. But we also get people from the east coast and the Midwest here. Nevada is the second fastest growing state in the U.S. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/economy/2018/01/15/fastest-growing-and-shrinking-states-closer-look/1019429001/