De La Salle's star player is a transfer from Sacramento

TheBlockIsHot

3 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

You didn’t ask me, but Grant Union shutting out State champ Bellevue up in Seattle in 2009 certainly counts. Grant Union also beat State champ Alta in 2008 back when they were still legit.

Both Grant Union and Granite Bay have beaten a PAC5 champ in a State Bowl game.

There’s 4 good wins. 

Then you have Palo Alto beating Centennial-Corona and Folsom beating Serra-Gardena in Bowl games back in 2010.***

Now we’re up to 6. But you only asked for 1.

**** Monsoon bowls.  No records kept.

FIFY

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

NorCal football is not highly respected on this forum. Dls represents the best of NorCal football. They have not lost to a team from NorCal since 1991 (290+- games?). But the spartans have a pedestrian OOS record. Going all the way back to 2002 their record is only 7-8 (?).These two factors combined make NorCal football look bad. 

http://www.maxpreps.com/local/team/records/game_history.aspx?gendersport=boys,football&schoolid=c510b298-3a73-4bcf-8855-96c998d8e26e

Also:

In 2016 SJB destroyed St Mary’s. And then bullied sparty around in the bowl game. 

In 2017 MD easily beat St Mary’s. And then bullied sparty around in the bowl game. 

You can also add that in 2017 Centennial Corona beat Pitt 63-21. And Pitt was a top 5 team in NorCal. 

So like I wrote earlier this game seems huge by “NorCal standards.” But for the majority of people on this board it won’t be. 

In response to your last paragraph...

I'll be tuning in for the prop bets only.

Regardless of the outcome, it will be a win/win for everyone outside of NorCal. If DLS wins, then Folsom is a poser like we all know them to be. If Folsom wins, DLS's mystique of greatness will take a blow after losing to a poser in NorCal.

See? That's a win/win situation.

9 hours ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

So you are using 2016 and 2017 has the entire measuring stick for football in CA? I hate DLS but they have been beating SoCals best for decades. Football didn't start in 2016, and you conveniently left out figures prior to that. 

You can say NorCal football isn't respected on this forum but who cares? These are a bunch of random middle aged men who aren't writers or decision makers.

NorCals top teams are better than most entire states with the exception of naybe a few.

I know Nevada is relatively new to the winning scene, but c'mn man. That post was ridiculous. 

His post is spot on. You are a homer that doesnt know anything about football outside of your own zip code.

Theres been DLS and no one else.

If NorCal were a state, itd be just slightly above Nevada in the bottom 25. 

The people on this board know more than "writers & decision makers". Most pollsters are completely clueless and just want a little $ on the side.

This isnt NCP, where guys cant piss without splashing themselves... Theres actual knowledge here. You whining & complaining and simply calling NorCal the best isnt doing anything bc everyone already knows better.

There is a reason that when the better NorCal teams go OOS (excluding DLS)... They are playing the Coeur d'Alene IDs, Reed NVs, Reno NVs, Kamehameha HIs of the HSFB world... They are playing to their level...  those are mediocre and below average teams.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Did you play with Groots? That dude was a stud. I heard that first MD vs Dls game on internet radio. That was a dandy!

Yeah. Groots was the effen man. Best player to ever play at MD. Bru McCoy may sure pass him this year, but Groots was amazing. Plus a really nice guy.

I was on the JV team for the first game vs DLS. The thing was 21-0 then MD made the come back...then DLS got a first down on 4th and 80 yard 🤦‍♂️

We got blowout my jr year. Then our Sr yeah was the game where we were down 21 again came all the back behind Leinart’s arm but our kicker went wide right and we lost...that one hurt...

41 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

Yeah. Groots was the effen man. Best player to ever play at MD. Bru McCoy may sure pass him this year, but Groots was amazing. Plus a really nice guy.

I was on the JV team for the first game vs DLS. The thing was 21-0 then MD made the come back...then DLS got a first down on 4th and 80 yard 🤦‍♂️

We got blowout my jr year. Then our Sr yeah was the game where we were down 21 again came all the back behind Leinart’s arm but our kicker went wide right and we lost...that one hurt...

C'mon bruh.

3rd and 32.

Strong right 37 quick trap.

Still legendary on Winton Ave.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

LMFAO!

Because you are lacking proper knowledge on football teams around the country... You dont know if its true or not. You assume because some guy gets paid to make a column, in a newspaper or on a website , numbered 1-25 or 1-100, And types teams names out beside them... Thats hes more qualified or more knowledgeable than anyone else. A false assumption.

If you paid attention, instead of trolling 24/7 and inserting your biased inexperienced emotions into every conversation, you may learn something. 

11 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

You can laugh all you want. ECHS is apt to be correct at that statement. 

Half of the pollsters out there probably don't even watch 3 games per week. The other half are computers that watch zero games per week. 

LMFAO!

So EVERY ranking system or poll that doesn't have GA near or at the top, is wrong?

You guys are something else................................. biggest homers on the net. 

5 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Because you are lacking proper knowledge on football teams around the country... You dont know if its true or not. You assume because some guy gets paid to make a column, in a newspaper or on a website , numbered 1-25 or 1-100, And types teams names out beside them... Thats hes more qualified or more knowledgeable than anyone else. A false assumption.

If you paid attention, instead of trolling 24/7 and inserting your biased inexperienced emotions into every conversation, you may learn something. 

Proper knowledge about teams around the country? You have to be kidding me? You can't see anywhere outside GA. You thought VM was a "top CA" team and followed them like a hawk all year in hopes of some type of GA gratification. It is so sad.

You are 4th tier and everyone knows it. Its so obvious. Every GA poster (you the main culprit) is literally campaigning for GA at every corner. I am just glad the real decision makers and pollsters have not given in to your propaganda and you are right where you should be.....4th tier. 

LOL you are the only person on here that claims to know more than EVERYBODY include the professionals and make wild claims about every ranking system being wrong and you being right.

You are a certified clown. But I love the show. Please go on..................

2 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

Proper knowledge about teams around the country? You have to be kidding me? You can't see anywhere outside GA. You thought VM was a "top CA" team and followed them like a hawk all year in hopes of some type of GA gratification. It is so sad.

You are 4th tier and everyone knows it. Its so obvious. Every GA poster (you the main culprit) is literally campaigning for GA at every corner. I am just glad the real decision makers and pollsters have not given in to your propaganda and you are right where you should be.....4th tier. 

LOL you are the only person on here that claims to know more than EVERYBODY include the professionals and make wild claims about every ranking system being wrong and you being right.

You are a certified clown. But I love the show. Please go on..................

When a guy is thoroughly beaten and has no real comeback.... The lies and twisting of words starts.

Youre beaten.

8 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

So EVERY ranking system or poll that doesn't have GA near or at the top, is wrong?

You guys are something else................................. biggest homers on the net. 

I didn't say that and you know it. 

The statement that there is more knowledgeable and "in touch" people on this site than there are "knowledgeable and in touch" pollsters is probably true. So, having said that, one would probably do their self a solid by believing the most knowledgeable folks than the less knowledgeable pollsters. 

Simple logic really. 

The difference between the knowledgeable guys here and the not-as-knowledgeable pollsters is the platform from which they operate. If we gave each knowledgeable poster from here a newspaper to print their knowledge in or their own "professional" website to populate with their knowledge and for you to click on, and you didn't know any better, you would be on here offering their ("stats" xD) if your agenda fit. 

More simple logic. 

9 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

No one said that.

Seriously, why cant people be honest anymore...

Saying there are more knowledgeable posters here than at USAT or MaxPreps or any other poll...  Has nothing to do with GA.

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

The statement that there is more knowledgeable and "in touch" people on this site than there are "knowledgeable and in touch" pollsters is probably true

This is speculation and agenda driven. 

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

The difference between the knowledgeable guys here and the not-as-knowledgeable pollsters is the platform from which they operate. If we gave each knowledgeable poster from here a newspaper to print their knowledge in or their own "professional" website to populate with their knowledge and for you to click on, and you didn't know any better, you would be on here offering their stats if your agenda fit. 

Again, you are speculating and saying random people, whom you most likely don't know, know more than people being paid to produce a professional product. Flawed logic.

I am not saying GA is bad. They are just not at the top. 4th tier. It's better than being 30th.