De La Salle's star player is a transfer from Sacramento

TheBlockIsHot

6 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

The reaction from this forum after the week 0 game in August will be epic.

Dude relax. This is going to be great game by “NorCal standards.” I give Folsom a punchers chance to win this game. It looks like it will be a high scoring game. Big plays on both sides of the ball. The team with the best defensive effort gets the W. 

On 2/14/2018 at 12:27 PM, TheBlockIsHot said:

2 highly ranked national teams, 100 miles apart, playing week 0.

I don't know of any higher standard.

NorCal football is not highly respected on this forum. Dls represents the best of NorCal football. They have not lost to a team from NorCal since 1991 (290+- games?). But the spartans have a pedestrian OOS record. Going all the way back to 2002 their record is only 7-8 (?).These two factors combined make NorCal football look bad. 

http://www.maxpreps.com/local/team/records/game_history.aspx?gendersport=boys,football&schoolid=c510b298-3a73-4bcf-8855-96c998d8e26e

Also:

In 2016 SJB destroyed St Mary’s. And then bullied sparty around in the bowl game. 

In 2017 MD easily beat St Mary’s. And then bullied sparty around in the bowl game. 

You can also add that in 2017 Centennial Corona beat Pitt 63-21. And Pitt was a top 5 team in NorCal. 

So like I wrote earlier this game seems huge by “NorCal standards.” But for the majority of people on this board it won’t be. 

6 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

NorCal football is not highly respected on this forum. Dls represents the best of NorCal football. They have not lost to a team from NorCal since 1991 (290+- games?). But the spartans have a pedestrian OOS record. Going all the way back to 2002 their record is only 7-8 (?).These two factors combined make NorCal football look bad. 

http://www.maxpreps.com/local/team/records/game_history.aspx?gendersport=boys,football&schoolid=c510b298-3a73-4bcf-8855-96c998d8e26e

Also:

In 2016 SJB destroyed St Mary’s. And then bullied sparty around in the bowl game. 

In 2017 MD easily beat St Mary’s. And then bullied sparty around in the bowl game. 

You can also add that in 2017 Centennial Corona beat Pitt 63-21. And Pitt was a top 5 team in NorCal. 

So like I wrote earlier this game seems huge by “NorCal standards.” But for the majority of people on this board it won’t be. 

So you are using 2016 and 2017 has the entire measuring stick for football in CA? I hate DLS but they have been beating SoCals best for decades. Football didn't start in 2016, and you conveniently left out figures prior to that. 

You can say NorCal football isn't respected on this forum but who cares? These are a bunch of random middle aged men who aren't writers or decision makers.

NorCals top teams are better than most entire states with the exception of naybe a few.

I know Nevada is relatively new to the winning scene, but c'mn man. That post was ridiculous. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

So you are using 2016 and 2017 has the entire measuring stick for football in CA? I hate DLS but they have been beating SoCals best for decades. Football didn't start in 2016, and you conveniently left out figures prior to that. 

You can say NorCal football isn't respected on this forum but who cares? These are a bunch of random middle aged men who aren't writers or decision makers.

NorCals top teams are better than most entire states with the exception of naybe a few.

I know Nevada is relatively new to the winning scene, but c'mn man. That post was ridiculous. 

I have been following HSFB at a national level for several years now. And no program outside of Dls stands out from NorCal. I can’t think of 5 OOS or OOD games involving NorCal teams that made any kind of statement win.

Excluding Dls and the bowl games name one good win for any NorCal school. 

Just now, Las Vegas_JC said:

I have been following HSFB at a national level for several years now. And no program outside of Dls stands out from NorCal. I can’t think of 5 OOS or OOD games involving NorCal teams that made any kind of statement win.

Several years now?

Impressive. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Look I’m hoping that Folsom wins. That would be great! But this is not a colossal OOS or OOD game that everybody cares about. 

Disagree. Go look at the views and replies in all the DLS/Folsom threads.

MANY people care. The mod for this site has an EXTREME vested interest in the game. 

2 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

I was in Stockton at the UOP when Dls beat the crap out of Mater Dei. 

F4D509DB-57CA-4C84-9660-E7B5C1974439.jpeg

Lol.  Nice.  Pretty cool you kept that.  But NorCal has also had many Grant teams with a plethora of NFL players on their teams.  Lets not talk about 1 single team being the only team in the Northern part of a state, when you're a fan of a team that is the only one in an entire state. LOL!!!

3 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

You didn’t ask me, but Grant Union shutting out State champ Bellevue up in Seattle in 2009 certainly counts. Grant Union also beat State champ Alta in 2008 back when they were still legit.

Both Grant Union and Granite Bay have beaten a PAC5 champ in a State Bowl game.

There’s 4 good wins. 

Then you have Palo Alto beating Centennial-Corona and Folsom beating Serra-Gardena in Bowl games back in 2010.

Now we’re up to 6. But you only asked for 1.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ThunderRam said:

You didn’t ask me, but Grant Union shutting out State champ Bellevue up in Seattle in 2009 certainly counts. Grant Union also beat State champ Alta in 2008 back when they were still legit.

There’s 4 good wins. 

Then you have Palo Alto beating Centennial-Corona and Folsom beating Serra-Gardena in Bowl games back in 2010.

What pac 5 champ did granite bay beat?

1 hour ago, ThunderRam said:

There’s 4 good wins. 

They beat Poly in 2012. Poly lost to Narbonne that year 56-0. Strange year