Ohio incident - 7th grader shoots himself

golfaddict1

24 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

As you can see though didnt pick up any traction because it wasnt a "mass" killing. Only shot himself. Wonder why nobody screaming about this incident. Doesnt fit their agenda??

Probably due to us all being immune to it.  A 7th grader having a .22 caliber weapon in school... eh, it's Tuesday.  What's for breakfast.  Oh, the guy shot himself, perfect... pass the sugar, thanks.  

• Like 1

Just now, golfaddict1 said:

Probably due to us all being immune to it.  A 7th grader having a .22 caliber weapon in school... eh, it's Tuesday.  What's for breakfast.  Oh, the guy shot himself, perfect... pass the sugar, thanks.  

Yes i had this discussion with my dad and he always states in his generation he didnt have any of these shootings that he can remember. Or at least the frequency of them since there was shootings in the 60s 70s and so on. I said i remember columbine happened in 1999. I was in 8th grade. these things have been happening all throughout my life. Columbine VT Pulse Lakeland Ft Hood Sandy Hook etc etc. At some point the emotional responses have to stop. Did it impact you directly? More than likely nope. So for the majority of people our lives will go on. 

6 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/21/california-school-shooting-plot-thwarted-police-say.html

Any rolls left?   Pass the salad, thanks.  

10 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

As you can see though didnt pick up any traction because it wasnt a "mass" killing. Only shot himself. Wonder why nobody screaming about this incident. Doesnt fit their agenda??

If you are hell bent on killing yourself, it is obviously not a good thing. But it is not a tragedy. While I don't support a teen doing it, I have no problem with an adult choosing to end it all. After all, it's his/her life; if anyone had the right to take it, it should be him/her.  

13 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

If you are hell bent on killing yourself, it is obviously not a good thing. But it is not a tragedy. While I don't support a teen doing it, I have no problem with an adult choosing to end it all. After all, it's his/her life; if anyone had the right to take it, it should be him/her.  

I agree that it is their choice but I hate to think of people being in such pain and sadness ending their life without the chance to turn things around.  

Especially a child bc they don't realize that their hopelessness will not last and is transient.  That's probably true about adults as well imo.  

Either way it leaves behind family members who have to deal with it.

Terminal situations is a different deal.  

Imho.

27 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I mean... 

If hes trying to kill hisself I dont think he'd care but yea... 

I'd rather be stabbed to death... 

Yea, I don't think a .22 is a very reliable option at all to finish the job......and even it did, I would imagine it would be very painful and agonizing.

My buddy whom is an EMT/ Firefighter described one scene where someone used a .22 to kill themselves....they fired 3 separate shots into their head, and it wasn't till the 3rd shot that they damaged their spinal cord and paralyzed themselves, and they ended up dying from suffocating on their own blood after nearly a half hour.

1 minute ago, World Citizen said:

Especially a child bc they don't realize that their hopelessness will not last and is transient.  That's probably true about adults as well imo.  

I would certainly do everything I could to prevent a child from committing suicide to the point of putting my own safety at risk.

With respect to an adult, if I knew one who was suicidal, I would try and talk them out of it. However, if it became clear to me that they were hell bent on doing it, I would stand aside.

At the end of the day, with adulthood comes the right and responsibility to make decisions for and about yourself. While it may seem selfish to those left behind, far be it for me to try to try and "impose life" on someone who has made the decision that they don't want it. 

13 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

I would certainly do everything I could to prevent a child from committing suicide to the point of putting my own safety at risk.

With respect to an adult, if I knew one who was suicidal, I would try and talk them out of it. However, if it became clear to me that they were hell bent on doing it, I would stand aside.

At the end of the day, with adulthood comes the right and responsibility to make decisions for and about yourself. While it may seem selfish to those left behind, far be it for me to try to try and "impose life" on someone who has made the decision that they don't want it. 

I agree.  

The sadness is what's sad, more so than their decision to end it all.