Colquitt Takes A Hit...And It's A Big One

Rufus69

If the rumors are true...and North Morven says they are...Colquitt is losing one of the best coaches in Georgia High School Football.  Shawn Sutton is supposedly going home to Clay-Chalkville.   Most true Packer fans knew it was coming.  It was just a matter of when.  This hole will be difficult to fill.  I do not envy Rush.  I hope the Cougars are ready to work and all the Cougars' opponents might wanna tighten up their jockstraps a tad.

Lime Sink wishes Shawn nothing but the best.

Rufus>>

I can't really believe that Sutton stayed as long as he has considering that his home was always over in Alabama and his wife has her career there. Tough life dealing with a household separated like that. 

Coach Sutton definitely deserves every opportunity that can be afforded him and hopefully this is a good one for him. 

Certainly hate to see him go. No doubt about that. 

7 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

If the rumors are true...and North Morven says they are...Colquitt is losing one of the best coaches in Georgia High School Football.  Shawn Sutton is supposedly going home to Clay-Chalkville.   Most true Packer fans knew it was coming.  It was just a matter of when.  This hole will be difficult to fill.  I do not envy Rush.  I hope the Cougars are ready to work and all the Cougars' opponents might wanna tighten up their jockstraps a tad.

Lime Sink wishes Shawn nothing but the best.

Rufus>>

He was the engine in the Lamborghini!

7 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Huge loss for the Pack! I wish him the best in his future endeavors. Going to be tough finding someone to fill that void, but as always... Next man up! You gotta play with those you got.

Unless you're Grayson, Buford, Marietta, et al.

Hopefully, whoever replaces him can count to eleven!

3 hours ago, 94Packer said:

http://www.trussvilletribune.com/2018/02/22/breaking-clay-chalkville-hires-shawn-sutton-as-oc-hood-rejoins-staff-as-defensive-analyst/

Here Is the conformation. This is a huge hit for the program. It will be interesting to see who’s next

"94"......did we offer Shawn Rush's office in the new Multi-Purpose Practice Facility?

Might be worth a shot....

Rufus>>

2 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

"94"......did we offer Shawn Rush's office in the new Multi-Purpose Practice Facility?

Might be worth a shot....

Rufus>>

Shawn is and has been worth his weight in gold. I think we all knew that because of logistics this day would come eventually but i hate we are losing him. He has done so much with the offense, special teams, and strength and conditioning this will leave a huge hole that will be hard to  fill. We have lost both of the special teams coaches in Nash and Sutton. Is their any way on Gods green Earth we could get Calhoun back in the fold?

9 minutes ago, 94Packer said:

Shawn is and has been worth his weight in gold. I think we all knew that because of logistics this day would come eventually but i hate we are losing him. He has done so much with the offense, special teams, and strength and conditioning this will leave a huge hole that will be hard to  fill. We have lost both of the special teams coaches in Nash and Sutton. Is their any way on Gods green Earth we could get Calhoun back in the fold?

Lime Sink has floated the idea of making Rush...Football Ambassador (similar to Spurrier at Florida) and bringing in Coach Calhoun as HC and Head Honcho over football operations.  Not only have we had problems getting this by the Methodists...but a lot of the Baptists are voicing opposition as well.  Of course, to make this work smoothly...we would need to delay the hiring of a new Principal for Colquitt County and most of our (15) Asst. Principals would hafta take a pay cut.

2018...may be a trying year.

Oh...and the loss of Coach Nash will sting too.

Sounds to me like the Packer Touchdown Club President needs to get to work !!!!!!

Rufus>>

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Huge loss for the Pack! I wish him the best in his future endeavors. Going to be tough finding someone to fill that void, but as always... Next man up! You gotta play with those you got.

Unless you're Grayson, Buford, Marietta, et al.

I have you know Sir, that tuition apps into the high school were shut down four years ago, so you had to move into the district. Not a lot of quality rentals, so definitely a bona fide move. Gotta purchase.

Now the new High School when it opens, will that hold I don't know. Slated for 1500 students, The current high school will be the middle school at this point.

We'll see if we are worthy to be lumped in with Grayson and Marietta, stay tuned.

1 minute ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I have you know Sir, that tuition apps into the high school were shut down four years ago, so you had to move into the district. Not a lot of quality rentals, so definitely a bona fide move.

Now the new High School when it opens, will that hold I don't know. Slated for 1500 students, The current high school will be the middle school at this point.

We'll see if we are worthy to be lumped in with Grayson and Marietta, stay tuned.

1500 students?xD STILL dodging the BIGS I see?

1 minute ago, ORabidOne said:

1500 students?xD STILL dodging the BIGS I see?

Interesting perspective Rab, the new High School is set up to add more classrooms, kinda like warships are built it seems, just add a module..that's the rendering... it will be built out. Projections based on whats coming out of the middle schools now, kindergarten is supposed to be the biggest ever... a crazy number, I'm not sure it's correct.(hard to fathom, 800 kids) !st day of school for my kid, it was 800 9-12 grades.

It can happen soon or when the kindergarten rolls in, and whether they open "open enrollment" back up.

@LiberalDonaldTrump Many coaches have worked under Propst and have learned from him and used what they have learned from him to spring board in to head coaching positions in high schools and coaching positions in the college ranks. There is undisputed proof of this from Hoover and now in Colquitt County. I could give you a lengthy where are they now list but I'll spare you..... its a long list. Not all coaching hires as far as assistants have been 100% winners since Propst has been here but those coaches will not last here long if they cant cut it. The ones that have the "right stuff" all eventually move, because quality coaches are in high demand. And before you say it yes all the coaches will know the number 11 this year very well. I can guarantee that. I can also guarantee that there is no shortage of quality applicants for assistant coaching positions in Colquitt County

• Like 2