Archer GA @ Spartanburg SC - 8/31

ECHS05

Archer is set to play at Spartanburg SC August 31st in their 1st ever OOS game... Archers 1st season was 2009. If Archer can find a decent QB, theyll be tough to beat.

Spartanburg had a slight down season compared to their normal selves. Finishing 19th in SC after like 3 Top 5-6 finishes in a row.

Does anyone from South Carolina know whats up with Spartanburg in 2018? Archer looks like a preseason top 5-8 GA team.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Slight down year?

They have had five (5) winning seasons since 04'. 

04'  6-6

05'  9-4

06'  7-5

08'  57  # 12 in SC

09'  5-9  #9 in SC

10'5-7  # 15 in SC

11'  8-4  

12'  5-8

213'  6-6

14'  12-3

15'  12-2

16' 10-4

17'  6-6  # 13 in SC

Yeah... Slight down year... For 3 straight years Spartanburg had become relevant... They were talked about on here for those years... Their RB (Tavien Feaster I think) who is now at Clemson, put them on the map to start with. But last year they slipped a bit.

Noone cares about 2004, lol. That has nothing to do with a teams relevancy now. They finished #3, #4, and #5 in SC from '14-'16.

I know youre still kinda new, but catch up plz, thx.

Archer is somewhat new to the scene also. They came onto the scene in 2012... Had their 1st down year in 2016 since 2012, but rebounded last year and went 12-1.

11 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Yeah... Slight down year... For 3 straight years Spartanburg had become relevant... They were talked about on here for those years... Their RB (Tavien Feaster I think) who is now at Clemson, put them on the map to start with. But last year they slipped a bit.

Noone cares about 2004, lol. That has nothing to do with a teams relevancy now. They finished #3, #4, and #5 in SC from '14-'16.

I know youre still kinda new, but catch up plz, thx.

Archer is somewhat new to the scene also. They came onto the scene in 2012... Had their 1st down year in 2016 since 2012, but rebounded last year and went 12-1.

Durn....Archer went 12-1 last year?

Who did they lose to?

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

I don't need to catch up.

The truth is the truth,.

I know about Archer, having a national ranking after 2 years of decent ball.

64-39 and # 106 in the nation?

37-25 from 09' to 14' and # 96 in the nation......Really?

Im not even sure what this means. #96 and #106?

Archers been ranked top 100 nationally 3 times. You are using CalPreps... Which says to me, you need to catch up.

2 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Why not? you understand it when it sits beside other teams names. 

But I am always ready to help, it is their ranking, nationally.

I know you are not new to this so don't play dumb now.

You dont see me or anyone reputable quoting CalPreps national rankings.

State sure, but the national rankings are a gimmick. Technically its their rating, but thats a gimmick also.

Lime Sink doesn't give a rat's patootie about rankings.  We'll take Archer....even though they hafta travel to Spartanburg.  We currently have the Tigers ranked at No.6 in Georgia and they might improve after the Spring games.

Archer beats Spartanburg....in Spartanburg.

Nuff said....

Rufus>>

26 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Everyone quotes them here. I know you were the Cal-max fighter but it is what is used mostly buy posters. 

Thing is, they are who they are and nothing more. 

Does that include the correction you forced the maker to adjust?

They WERE ranked where it says they were....period.

Who uses CalPreps national rankings? No one seriously. 

Its a gimmick.

In 2014 RivalsHigh aka DJ had them in the top 40.

I didnt force him to do anything, I pointed out a flaw, and to his credit he made the adjustment the best that is possible.

The point Im driving across, is CalPreps national rankings suck... Thats NOT an argument on whether a team is nationall relevant or not.

6 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Who uses CalPreps national rankings? No one seriously. 

Its a gimmick.

In 2014 RivalsHigh aka DJ had them in the top 40.

I didnt force him to do anything, I pointed out a flaw, and to his credit he made the adjustment the best that is possible.

The point Im driving across, is CalPreps national rankings suck... Thats NOT an argument on whether a team is nationall relevant or not.

The State rankings do have some merit, theres a decent amount of connecting data... Class wise... Ranking 1A, 2A, etc with 6A and 7A.. When those classes barely play each other wont be greatly accurate but thered atleast SOME data there. The class rankings are usually strong.

Archer

2013: 11-1 ; went into playoffs as only undefeated 6A team, lost by 2 in the final seconds to Runner-Up North Gwinnett (CP says #18 in GA, #324 nationally)

2014: 11-4 ; Archer vs Colquitt was one of GAs best state title games this decade... Archer was on fire and loaded with talent... Archer struggled out of the gate, but turned into a Top 25 team at years end... Crushing teams like Colquitt was.... This was by far their best team (CP had them #3 in GA ; #91 nationally, the 3 early losses hurt them)

2015: 11-2 ; if this team wouldve had a decent QB this team wouldve been better than 2014... Alas, Gabe Tiller was sorely missed, as was their offensive coordinator who left after the 2014 title game to take the HC job at Athens Academy... He led AA to the State Title game vs ELCA this year, and will most likely have them back again next year... Anyway, Archer had a very good D but the O struggled... And theyd end up losing to Mill Creek 23-0 in the Quarterfinals a week after beating McEachern 24-21 in a great game. (CP had them 6 in GA & 131 nationally)

2016: 4-7 ; Archer lost an ass load of talent to graduation and TRANSFER...like Isaiah Pryor to IMG & Jamyest Williams to Grayson... 4 of those losses were to the top 4 teams in GA... Grayson (38-0), Roswell (47-0), Mill Creek (31-0), & McEachern (27-14)... 

2017: 12-1 ; a superlative rebound season was ripped from under them by Colquitt 12-7... They had one of the 2 best defensive fronts in GA, along with Rome... Archer would defeat Grayson this season 6-3 and ride their defense all year... The offense was average, but good enough with the defense they had.

2018: idk

7 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Archer is set to play at Spartanburg SC August 31st in their 1st ever OOS game... Archers 1st season was 2009. If Archer can find a decent QB, theyll be tough to beat.

Spartanburg had a slight down season compared to their normal selves. Finishing 19th in SC after like 3 Top 5-6 finishes in a row.

Does anyone from South Carolina know whats up with Spartanburg in 2018? Archer looks like a preseason top 5-8 GA team.

You could shoot an email to Jeff Herron in Anderson for the 411!

6 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

The State rankings do have some merit, theres a decent amount of connecting data... Class wise... Ranking 1A, 2A, etc with 6A and 7A.. When those classes barely play each other wont be greatly accurate but thered atleast SOME data there. The class rankings are usually strong.

There's a REASON why smaller class teams don't play quality 7A! The big schools would debunk those myths that Rome was the best team in any class! ANYbody in their right mind knows that there was NO WAY in HELL, that John Reid beats Rush ProPst at ANYTHING!