Offseason Off Topic Sweet Tea

94Packer

13 hours ago, zulu1128 said:

I honestly love the south. It’s one of my favorite places on earth. 

That said, being looked at like I have 4 heads every time I ask for UNsweet tea or trying to find a Diet Pepsi is a deduction on every scorecard. 

WHERE cain't you find a diet Pepsi in the SOUTH?

As an aside, you need to visit Stinger on March 17th in Savannah! EVERYTHING will be GREEN, including your brain!O.o

15 hours ago, 94Packer said:

I actually have 2 questions

1. How far does the love of sweet tea extend. We love it in the southeast but have heard it’s not as common in other parts of the US. What about where your at?

2. If everyone’s mamma makes the best sweet tea. Does anyone’s mamma just make horrible tea?

1.  Up in Yankee Land if you ask for sweet tea in a restaurant you’ll generally get unsweetened iced tea with sugar.  Which doesn’t dissolve and just sucks.  

My grandfather from Eastern Europe made his own type of concoction where he’d make a huge vat of tea and mix in various amounts of sugar, honey, and very small amounts god-knows-what his buddies brewed in their basement and brought over (usually some kind of fruit-flavored mess).  The tea was delicious, even as a young kid I remember going there and seeing half a dozen glass jugs on the table filled with the stuff 😋 

2.  Hahahaha.

15 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Wawa recently tried to open up on Route 17 North on the old Curry Ski Shop property south of DBP, but the Ramsey town board voted it down. The lot is still vacant. 

It would get a TON of traffic.....but it is 17 LOL...

Wasn't it those  old bat bastages behind it screaming NIMBY???  that's what i heard......funny

Used to cut through there from 17 on our running workouts at DBP and pop out on the track from the woods....

Where were all those NIMBY's then???...build it and moratorium progress?

If the rest of the board is lost....just tell them it (the shop/plot land) that was the one (sport shop) in the Sapranos...xD

giphy.gif

Wawa food is still good, but consistently getting slowly worse, and that was what made them great....other than that It's just a gas station.....would like to say I liked em better  when they did not even sell gas..but..

with That said....still wind up there....least once a day or so...9_9