Offseason Off Topic Sweet Tea

94Packer

I actually have 2 questions

1. How far does the love of sweet tea extend. We love it in the southeast but have heard it’s not as common in other parts of the US. What about where your at?

2. If everyone’s mamma makes the best sweet tea. Does anyone’s mamma just make horrible tea?

Just now, 94Packer said:

1. How far does the love of sweet tea extend. We love it in the southeast but have heard it’s not as common in other parts of the US. What about where your at?

2. If everyone’s mamma makes the best sweet tea. Does anyone’s mamma just make horrible tea?

It's definitely a regional thing. I spent a week out west without it, which really cramped my style.

Adding sugar to unsweetened tea just doesn't cut it.

• Like 1

Just now, 94Packer said:

I had one grandmother that made saccharin tea. That was an acquired taste too

I was just about to say that my mama made the worst saccharin tea! Her and grandma both. Good gracious it was bad. My whole growing up I never knew what real sweet tea was. 

Poor me. 

I think about that tea every now and then... 

Image result for poor me sad man

2 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

I honestly love the south. It’s one of my favorite places on earth. 

That said, being looked at like I have 4 heads every time I ask for UNsweet tea or trying to find a Diet Pepsi is a deduction on every scorecard. 

Haha.

I'll agree, asking for unsweet tea in the south is sacrilegious......but in the hot summer, unsweet tea is so much better

5 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

I honestly love the south. It’s one of my favorite places on earth. 

That said, being looked at like I have 4 heads every time I ask for UNsweet tea or trying to find a Diet Pepsi is a deduction on every scorecard. 

A lot of people drink unsweetened down here too. Now Diet Pepsi...... liquor can’t even make that stuff taste good 😂

• Haha 1

Count me in with the UN-sweet crowd....way better, especially when hot out.

Although have been known to drink the peach or raspberry teas from Wawa...better than just sugared ones (or low grade corn syrup shit)

Now Wawa is the religion around these parts.....tea and coffee

Coffee on the other hand is like 50/50 with Irish cream.....

28 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Wawa hasn't infiltrated northern NJ yet. Yet. 

The seed has been planted.(Parsippany?)...they are there....

Once the seed is planted it will grow faster than any seed you have ever seen.....with 5 on every corner LOL

Map of Wawa Store Locations

Seriously that map is so bogus ^^^^ there's like 4-5 times that many 

There is a reason for this, but I will say the last 24 months or so they really seem to be slipping on (entre etc.) sizing and such...getting cheaper

10 years ago (when they were competing with like 'Heritage Farms' ) you could not even compare them to fast food (Wendy's etc) because they would blow shit like that out of the water....now? ...meh

Pa supposedly has a real good gas/food chain called 'Royal Farms' that's seen Wawa slip on quality, and they are going to take their shot here in the S.Jersey homeland....putting the first one up closeby now, and I'll be one of the first to check it here...will let you know...

Image result for royal farms map

Image result for royal farms map

Will let you know if any good when they open..

LOVE my sweet tea...tough to find good sweet teas in the NY area BUT it's becoming more popular...a lot of deli's are now making their own....my secretary gets one every day for $3.00 a pop!..I also like my Micky D's sweet tea...but nothing is as good as it is down south...;)

13 hours ago, 94Packer said:

When I was in Pennsylvania in the mid nineties! I nearly went inSANE after having to drink Soda POP rather than sweet tea in restaurants! It jist AIN'T RIGHT I tell you!:$

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

LOVE my sweet tea...tough to find good sweet teas in the NY area BUT it's becoming more popular...a lot of deli's are now making their own....my secretary gets one every day for $3.00 a pop!..I also like my Micky D's sweet tea...but nothing is as good as it is down south...;)

A fucking moron could make good sweet tea! :$ It's ALL in how you hold yo mouf in the process!