News stations

TheBlockIsHot

News station poll  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which news station do you believe is most fair and balanced?

Varies by anchor and if it’s “news” or “opinion” programming.  

Best on Fox are Shep and Chris Wallace.  Best on MSNBC is Chris Hayes.  Zakaria on CNN is good, too (despite the plagiarism issues).  (O’Reilly was even watchable sometimes on Fox before the whole falafel-thingy...if nothing else he did a good job standing up for children caught in bad situations that the powers-that-be neglected).

Best on CNN (and best overall, hands down) is Jake Tapper.

Worst definitely goes to all networks morning shows; Wolf Blitzer and Brian “Humpty Dumpty” Stelter on CNN; Maddow, Lawrence O’Donnell, and Joy Reid on MSNBC; and Hannity, Tucker, “Judge Jeanine”, and Ingraham on Fox.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

Varies by anchor and if it’s “news” or “opinion” programming.  

Best on Fox are Shep and Chris Wallace.  Best on MSNBC is Chris Hayes.  Zakaria on CNN is good, too (despite the plagiarism issues).  (O’Reilly was even watchable sometimes on Fox before the whole falafel-thingy...if nothing else he did a good job standing up for children caught in bad situations that the powers-that-be neglected).

Best on CNN (and best overall, hands down) is Jake Tapper.

Worst definitely goes to all networks morning shows; Wolf Blitzer and Brian “Humpty Dumpty” Stelter on CNN; Maddow, Lawrence O’Donnell, and Joy Reid on MSNBC; and Hannity, Tucker, “Judge Jeanine”, and Ingraham on Fox.

Hannity is the absolute worst.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Out of those three choices, MSNBC is by far the least skewed even though they do lean left.

CNN is pretty far left.

FOX is pretty far right. 

Yeah, Chris Matthews, Chris Hayes and Rachel Maddow are middle of the roaders.  And does Lawrence O’Donnell still have a show at 10 PM?  He is truly whacked.  Even Morning Joe has become unwatchable.

1 minute ago, Bormio said:

Even Morning Joe has become unwatchable.

This is worth discussing.

I tend to agree with you here. 

The reason it has become hard to watch is because Joe and Mika have succumb to the exploding head syndrome. 

What should be of note and concern to you is that this show makes clear how so many republicans are as outraged with Trump as is the loony left. 

The heads have exploded (they should not) because of the extreme and dangerous actions and words of TRump. 

---------------------

I have noticed something else unrelated to the show but running parallel in the country.

It seems Trump supporters are becoming less "salt in the wound" celebratory toward the middle and left  and more bitter and hateful.  

Seems on some level they know TRump is letting them down and they are becoming bitter. Letting them down in the sense that he justified their "wants." Then legitimized their wants by his election. Now, with his childlike behavior and dishonesty never relenting, they are feeling their legitimacy undermined. 

45 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Yeah, Chris Matthews, Chris Hayes and Rachel Maddow are middle of the roaders.  And does Lawrence O’Donnell still have a show at 10 PM?  He is truly whacked.  Even Morning Joe has become unwatchable.

As an overall news source MSNBC is by far more fair and balanced than either of the other two in the poll. 

I honestly tend to steer clear of all the opinion shows anyway, but, that's just me. 

Simple answer is none of the above,  they are all morons

I can't believe people can claim fox as balanced 

You must be joking, they basically admit to be a conservative party support system, that ain't balanced and if you voting fox just to avoid voting CNN than just vote none of the above 

This is like those idiots who voted for Trump just because they hated Hilary instead of voting for a independent or write in who matches your views (yes i know some actually voted for Trump because they support him, I'm talking specifically about the people who voted for Trump just because they hated Hilary)

You people do realize voting isn't supposed to be a political thing,  it's supposed to be vote for the candidate but it seems these days the party means more to people then the person 

The founding fathers would be embarrassed by your failed political process