We have become a 3rd world country

Bormio

15 minutes ago, noonereal said:

problem is, insecure guys really believe this

in truth, women are not attracted to insecure guns

You know what? If I actually had to use a gun to defend myself or my family, I just might wet myself.

But my family and I would be more likely to be safe and alive than the unarmed guy and his family who, in life or death, had pissed and soiled themselves.

I can live with that.

14 minutes ago, concha said:

You know what? If I actually had to use a gun to defend myself or my family, I just might wet myself.

But my family and I would be more likely to be safe and alive than the unarmed guy and his family who, in life or death, had pissed and soiled themselves.

I can live with that.

I honestly don't believe this. (that having a gun at home is apt to make the family safer) 

My guess is that the rate of accidents and acts of rage with the gun in the house is much greater than the rate of deaths a gun prevents from intrusions. 

I "get" the emotion of feeling vulnerable without a gun but I base most my decisions in life on the numbers. 

So you know, I hold to this in spite of my neighbor dying in a home break (shot in head) and I having faced a gun, twice. 

(Knife/blade twice too) 

Also I know, if I had a mind to victimize you and I had a gun, your gun would be worthless at best and at worse, make me shoot you when I had no intention of so doing. 

LOL, you have me thinking about crime, I have also had 2 cars stolen and my home broken into twice. Even had two cars broken into, the same night on different streets and had 8 track players stolen from each. 

I guess 2 is not my lucky number? 

13 minutes ago, noonereal said:

I honestly don't believe this. (that having a gun at home is apt to make the family safer) 

My guess is that the rate of accidents and acts of rage with the gun in the house is much greater than the rate of deaths a gun prevents from intrusions. 

I "get" the emotion of feeling vulnerable without a gun but I base most my decisions in life on the numbers. 

So you know, I hold to this in spite of my neighbor dying in a home break (shot in head) and I having faced a gun, twice. 

(Knife/blade twice too) 

Also I know, if I had a mind to victimize you and I had a gun, your gun would be worthless at best and at worse, make me shoot you when I had no intention of so doing. 

LOL, you have me thinking about crime, I have also had 2 cars stolen and my home broken into twice. Even had two cars broken into, the same night on different streets and had 8 track players stolen from each. 

I guess 2 is not my lucky number? 

I keep my guns locked in a large safe. Only I know the combination.

I have a 9mm in a smaller safe by my bed that I can access in seconds.

I also take my boys shooting so they a) know gun safety and b) know how to handle a gun if, God forbid, they are ever put in a situation where they have to use one.

I have no illusions that I'd be John Wick-like should some asshat break into my home.  I'd be nervous as shit. But I also know that I'd be the one thing between said asshat and my family.  My first action, after getting my H&K VP9 (finger off trigger), would be to yell that I have a gun as I call 9-1-1.  If that doesn't scare off Mr. Asshat, then game on.

I also have a couple of very territorial dogs who would be going apeshit and likely be hanging from Mr. Asshat's nutsack. Full disclosure...

5 minutes ago, concha said:

I keep my guns locked in a large safe. Only I know the combination.

I have a 9mm in a smaller safe by my bed that I can access in seconds.

I also take my boys shooting so they a) know gun safety and b) know how to handle a gun if, God forbid, they are ever put in a situation where they have to use one.

I have no illusions that I'd be John Wick-like should some asshat break into my home.  I'd be nervous as shit. But I also know that I'd be the one thing between said asshat and my family.  My first action, after getting my H&K VP9 (finger off trigger), would be to yell that I have a gun as I call 9-1-1.  If that doesn't scare off Mr. Asshat, then game on.

I also have a couple of very territorial dogs who would be going apeshit and likely be hanging from Mr. Asshat's nutsack. Full disclosure...

I understand the emotional support a gun brings and respect that.... if those that feel  the need for this will compromise on 2018 common sense gun regulations. 

7 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

I was born in the 50's

I know. Just shocked to hear it mentioned.

Haha when I was 15,  I rigged a 'built in' 8-track on my moped xD......

Tucked in the rack on the back, with a 6x9 mounted in the handlebars.....

Blasted my shit all over  town...ROFL....boomboxes had nothin on me!....

7 hours ago, noonereal said:

1) As did I for most of my life...but there are many different 'lives' out there , and even lives can change..ie. I no longer have kids that are to young in the house (regardless of whether accessible or not)...certainly those %s your stabbing in the dark at constantly are..

Nothing wrong with that tho...much like asking a 'schoolteacher' to carry in some of these threads....probably not a good fit...

2) My guess is that there would be a higher rate of fatal to injured %, but see no real difference in frequency of those 'acts of rages' you invoke and rely upon.  But as slanted conjecture is your specialty, I guess that's to be expected...

3)  Yes, Certainly you sound emotional and fearful about it...but that is probably more related to the fact that  you are admittedly lacking any experience in what you think...nevermind what you parrot or say....

I'm assuming the rest is as trashy as the first half....but after three strikes...well...

giphy.gif