Who plays the better football

Abel_559

5 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I have to agree.

Best wins were Gorman and SJB. Both were also defeated by teams with multiple loses themselves.

And only one state had wins over those 2 teams this past year (besides mater Dei)

FL  (Miami Central defeated Bishop Gorman)

(St Thomas Aquinas defeated St John bosco)

The remaining 3 losses by Bishop Gorman and SJB were to Mater Dei 

7 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I have to agree.

Best wins were Gorman and SJB. Both were also defeated by teams with multiple loses themselves.

So if it's not Mater Dei who do you feel really is the best team ever?  Just curious especially since I'm currently running a tournament to answer that question and want some insight on your pick

Just now, Columbiafan said:

And only one state had wins over those 2 teams this past year (besides mater Dei)

FL  (Miami Central defeated Bishop Gorman)

(St Thomas Aquinas defeated St John bosco)

The remaining 3 losses by Bishop Gorman and SJB were to Mater Dei 

We know kid. But thanks for reminding us.

Neither were overally impressive teams which further proves my point.

2 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Hard to say with any certainty.

Well obviously, there will always be questioning of who is better and would team A win in team B era or vise versa 

But of the time you have been watching high school football is there any team that stood out as being the best (or at least the best you ever seen)? 

31 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

We covered this already, their schedule didn't reflect GOAT

2015 Katy was among the top 5 Teams in Texas over the last 20 years.  In the Last 20 in no particular order and I have no idea who would win among this group.  But I would travel anywhere in Texas to see any of them.  Kyler Murray, Cedric Benson, Wllie Cole,  Just among the players.  I think each one of these teams were very elite as HS football goes. I don't know how someone can determine the Greatest team ever in HS Football.  Hell we Texans can't even agree in our own State.   Again 2016 Bishop Gorman is the best HS Football team I ever saw in Person and that is a lot of football.  They were stacked at every position, like a small college. Beast QB, Beast RB, Beast on Def.  That team closed on Defense like no HS team ever in person.  I would have love to have seen them against 2013 Allen. 

2013 Allen

2015 Katy

2005 SLC

2006 Cedar Hill

2003 North Shore

2008 Lake Travis 

1999 Midland Lee

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

We know kid. But thanks for reminding us.

Neither were overally impressive teams which further proves my point.

The thing with Miami Central was they weren't very good at passing the ball which hurt them against Miami Northwestern who was able to match up with them

Same with St Thomas Aquinas who was pitiful on offense and it cost them against Venice who scored enough to beat them in playoffs

But yes i agree, you wouldn't expect BG and SJB who have a combined 5 losses (3 to the number 1 team)  would have the remaining 2 losses to Miami Central and St Thomas Aquinas but that's high School football for you 😂 

8 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

2015 Katy was among the top 5 Teams in Texas over the last 20 years.  In the Last 20 in no particular order and I have no idea who would win among this group.  But I would travel anywhere in Texas to see any of them.  Kyler Murray, Cedric Benson, Wllie Cole,  Just among the players.  I think each one of these teams were very elite as HS football goes. I don't know how someone can determine the Greatest team ever in HS Football.  Hell we Texans can't even agree in our own State.   Again 2016 Bishop Gorman is the best HS Football team I ever saw in Person and that is a lot of football.  They were stacked at every position, like a small college. Beast QB, Beast RB, Beast on Def.  That team closed on Defense like no HS team ever in person.  I would have love to have seen them against 2013 Allen. 

2013 Allen

2015 Katy

2005 SLC

2006 Cedar Hill

2003 North Shore

2008 Lake Travis 

1999 Midland Lee

'06 was a very good yr in Tx.  In addition to Chill, SLC n Trinity were very stout as well and at one pt in the season Lufkin was #1 in the state led by Dez Bryant 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

'06 was a very good yr in Tx.  In addition to Chill, SLC n Trinity were very stout as well and at one pt in the season Lufkin was #1 in the state led by Dez Bryant 

The thread was who would win with the Best Urban teams vs. Privates.  And he wanted a list. I will say this if you take the best Desoto, Cedar Hill, North Shore, ET, Skyline, John Tyler, Lufkin teams ever.  Though  not really all  Hood but majority Minority and the Best of MNW, MC. BTW Cocoa and Southridge teams in Florida.  I would feel very good with them playing any Private powers at any time.   Though Public these type of teams have proven their metal.   This would be a hellacious bunch to roll I will assure you. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

The thread was who would win with the Best Urban teams vs. Privates.  And he wanted a list. I will say this if you take the best Desoto, Cedar Hill, North Shore, ET, Skyline, John Tyler, Lufkin teams ever.  Though  not really all  Hood but majority Minority and the Best of MNW, MC. BTW Cocoa and Southridge teams in Florida.  I would feel very good with them playing any Private powers at any time.   Though Public these type of teams have proven their metal.   This would be a hellacious bunch to roll I will assure you. 

True

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

2013 Allen

2015 Katy

2005 SLC

2006 Cedar Hill

2003 North Shore

2008 Lake Travis 

1999 Midland Lee

Soooo combined, what were the OOS wins of those schools?

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Soooo combined, what were the OOS wins of those schools?

Playing OOS doesn't make you great.  They are public schools in one of the best states in America. Soooo that's stupid.  So if they would have went to Bumdulistan and beat one of those cheating Catholic Privates with a bunch of non Catholic kids Hell some are named Mohammed that would make them legit.  There is a recent California Championship banner hanging here.  We've seen the best of OOS and have many of those quality teams here.

JC DLS Bellevue ECA LaSalle all have fallen.  He'll our top privates are equal to 4A powers are hanging with these so called national elite teams.  Hold on our Privates are stocking up.  You will see multiple ass whippingss as the go on the Texas road tour then get smoked here by a Public power.  

Sammy you talk smack.  Name the OOS powers Cali has beaten the last 15 years. I'm willing to bet TX Privates will have done as well.  I will assure you East Utah will not come punk Allen.  Did they come play DLS I can't remember?  How come DLS have been running the veer since Tecmo Bowl but somehow the excuse after they lose is wait till the end of the season?  That's stupid as well.  Funny after 30 yrs they can't understand it till week 14 each year but hang 50+ each week when they go back to playing Cali teams.  Fuuny

26 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Sammy you talk smack.  Name the OOS powers Cali has beaten the last 15 years. I'm willing to bet TX Privates will have done as well.  I will assure you East Utah will not come punk Allen.  Did they come play DLS I can't remember?  How come DLS have been running the veer since Tecmo Bowl but somehow the excuse after they lose is wait till the end of the season?  That's stupid as well.  Funny after 30 yrs they can't understand it till week 14 each year but hang 50+ each week when they go back to playing Cali teams.  Fuuny

Don't wait for the translation

Which OOS teams did that list of Texas nominees for "GOAT" beat?

53 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Don't think so.  

Those great Texas teams have zero claim for anything outside Texas 

They have Texas State Championships and name the Cali team that played an OOS team for the National Championship of HS Football.  I will wait. You have 3 privates running around playing OOS mostly in Cali and now somehow they are magnificent.  You are losing to teams that are losing to teams in State.  That shows how ridiculous your assumption is. Look  @ STA in State after SJB.  Yet you still think that was a top 3 team in the Nation.  They were not.  And several Fl teams would have beaten them.   Oh I get it they had the wrong QB in the STA game. :D Can't figure out the Veer or what QB to use till  you loose OOS. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

They have Texas State Championships and name the Cali team that played an OOS team for the National Championship of HS Football.  I will wait. You have 3 privates running around playing OOS mostly in Cali and now somehow they are magnificent.  You are losing to teams that are losing to teams in State.  That shows how ridiculous your assumption is. Look  @ STA in State after SJB.  Yet you still think that was a top 3 team in the Nation.  They were not.  And several Fl teams would have beaten them.   Oh I get it they had the wrong QB in the STA game. :D Can't figure out the Veer or what QB to use till use loose OOS. 

That sta team wasnt even top 10 in FL 😂 

How Bosco got to number 3 with 3 losses is crazy 

How do these polls maintain credibility? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

😂.    Cali is the GOAT in excuses, no doubt about that 

How can a team that runs nothing but the Veer? I mean the forward pass is like an illegal pick in Basketball to that team. Yet they get rolled OOS and then we hear well you can't beat them in week 14.  How the hell is that possible. They run nothing but the veer that's all the kids know.  A good OOS ass whipping and well it takes them time.  That's like saying LT can't run the spread till week 14.  Incredible.  Loose to STA who gets worked in Fl and well we had the wrong QB. Who the year before was Jesus in football cleats per many?  You can't make this shit up.  Remember DLS would have taken ET to the woodshed like they did Cali when they went back home.  They could play ET 40 times that year and neaver beat the hell out of them.  Meanwhile several Texas Teams Could have kicked both of their asses like I declared right after I watched the game in Mansfield. :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1